• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Perspective people.

J

The Chameleon
Jeez, some of you on here, really need to just calm down a little. Yes, wow good news for the club i'm sure, but threads like, Arise Sir Ron Martin? Jeez, the man has had planning permission approved, which is his job no (developer)? When we are flying high in the Championship, in front of sell out gates, i will then consider making him an OBE but thats about it..

All take a step back, and just don't get carried away!

As i said, good news for the club, i'm sure.. But lets just tone it down a little eh..

But as we will be playing in front of 9 thousand in a 22,000 stadium.. I think we should just wait a little, especially until ron's lined is pockets even more, and then starts to put money where mouth is and BUY big named players etc.

****ing hell chump! if we cant go mad on a day like this when can we?

Last edited:
Rejoice & celebrate a victory in one battle of a war

Jeez, some of you on here, really need to just calm down a little. Yes, wow good news for the club i'm sure, but threads like, Arise Sir Ron Martin? Jeez, the man has had planning permission approved, which is his job no (developer)? When we are flying high in the Championship, in front of sell out gates, i will then consider making him an OBE but thats about it..

As i said, good news for the club, i'm sure.. But lets just tone it down a little eh..

But as we will be playing in front of 9 thousand in a 22,000 stadium.. I think we should just wait a little, especially until ron's lined is pockets even more, and then starts to put money where mouth is and BUY big named players etc.

Thought you might appreciate the militarised heading

****ing hell mate! if we cant go mad on a day like this when can we?

Please, don't ever, and i mean ever.. call me your "Mate".. mates are a selective few, and have to go through rigorous screening procedures.. before they are accepted. :cool:

J, I hate to throw statistics at people, but I guaruntee you, if we were to be in the Champ by the time FF is ready, we will see our average gate go up to around 12k for at least the first season.

Lol, one of the biggest days in the club's history means I think we can celebrate.

This stadium has been talked about for 20 years and finally its here.

Yes we may not fill it but until we build it we cant even begin to try.

A great day and credit where credits due.

We all know you're not behind the new stadium J.
However mate as loud as you shout today, I fear your concerns will be lost amongst the euphoria.

A 9k crowd in a stadium of 22k, well your estimates are now better than they were, I remember you painting out a potential Darlington scenario at one point!

We all know you're not behind the new stadium J.
However mate as loud as you shout today, I fear your concerns will be lost amongst the euphoria.

A 9k crowd in a stadium of 22k, well your estimates are now better than they were, I remember you painting out a potential Darlington scenario at one point!

Which, lets be honest, if we had gone down any further this season, would have been a real possibility.

However, i have said this is good news, BUT, until we can hail it a success, we have to wait to see what it produces, and we wont know that until about 2010.

a 9k crowd in a 22k stadium surely beats a 6k crowd in a crumbling 11k stadium.

Sorry J, can't agree (although I can see your PoV) - this is bigger than getting promotion this season.

This was the biggest match in our history IMO .. we simply had to win, and we have so LET'S CELEBRATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please, don't ever, and i mean ever.. call me your "Mate".. mates are a selective few, and have to go through rigorous screening procedures.. before they are accepted. :cool:

****ing hell mate......Get behind the lads.

i think j is just a very negative thinking person, where is the harm in getting exciting after hearing some amazing news that is going to change sufc forever. i see no problem there. so j cheer up mate!

Why are they building a 35,000 stadium??? No need for it they won't fill it. Ba humbug crap. Well it only once nearly got filled and what a great night that was. Build it and they will come J. Build it and they will come.

I for one and going to go f***ing mental. It's fantastic news for the club AND town. When you think of all the crap that's been built in this town over the years it's nice to have something positive for a change.

J in devil's advocate shocker! :D

It's actually always good to see an alternative viewpoint but every Southend United supporter must be deliriously happy today surely? Something that has been talked about for virtually my entire life as a supporter looks like it will come to fruition. As much as anything a triumph for those who always hoped and believed.

Just think back 4 years ago when we were staring relegation from the football league in the face and possible oblivion, today just seems like a dream!

There's your perspective!

So what you was doing to me last night was screening????

Back