• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Perspective people.

Don't know if this has already been covered here, but a comment on the EE report got me thinking:

Hazel Blears has raised concerns over a couple of issues; namely affordable housing and ownership of a strip of land.

"She has told the club and the council,together with other interested parties to resolve these issues as soon as possible so a final decision can be made on or before May 27."

Does the official 'green light' only happen on 27th May, assuming these issues are resolved?

Can we begin the developmet process now?

Is this just a formality?

Are we getting carried away here?

As i understand it, NO we can not start to develop until this has been resolved.......so another celebration in May then

So, if it's not resolved..?

Is this sort of thing usual? I've no experience of building a football stadium, sorry.

Whilst i am elated with the news, I do agree to an extent with J. Having just been on the BBC site and seeing some of our fans goading other teams about the news, and stating that this will turn us into another "Reading".
I personally will wait a bit longer before thinking along these lines, and will not be fooled into thinking that a neice new shiny stadium will suddenly transform the fortunes on the pitch.
Whilst i sincerley hope that we are the next Reading, we could end up being the next Darlington also...time will tell

Which, lets be honest, if we had gone down any further this season, would have been a real possibility.

However, i have said this is good news, BUT, until we can hail it a success, we have to wait to see what it produces, and we wont know that until about 2010.

Rubbish mate. The success or otherwise can't be measured solely by the progress of the team. How about being debt free, money in the bank, and having other sources of income?

Jeez, some of you on here, really need to just calm down a little. Yes, wow good news for the club i'm sure, but threads like, Arise Sir Ron Martin? Jeez, the man has had planning permission approved, which is his job no (developer)? When we are flying high in the Championship, in front of sell out gates, i will then consider making him an OBE but thats about it..

All take a step back, and just don't get carried away!

As i said, good news for the club, i'm sure.. But lets just tone it down a little eh..

But as we will be playing in front of 9 thousand in a 22,000 stadium.. I think we should just wait a little, especially until ron's lined is pockets even more, and then starts to put money where mouth is and BUY big named players etc.

I've no interest in us wasting money on big name players. Remember England international Michael Ricketts?

I'd far rather we concentrated on finding the next Freddy Eastwood, Nicky Bailey and then being able to keep them for longer.

Back