• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planned Protest/ Boycott of the Ipswich Town Pre-Season Game

Next Sat me and a mate will be making a flag.

Any suggestions (sensible suggestions) to what we should have on it!?

No this will not be the case, we will try and get people to join us, but we will not be blocking the ticket office as i really dont want to get arrested!

I wont be there anyway so wont affect me but 1 last honest opinion from me............there will be no way at all of stopping tempers flaring and words being sworn with this protest due to the situation surrounding it.

Good luck tho as its for the right reasons after all.

I wont be there anyway so wont affect me but 1 last honest opinion from me............there will be no way at all of stopping tempers flaring and words being sworn with this protest due to the situation surrounding it.

Good luck tho as its for the right reasons after all.

I understand where your coming from. I agree, but lets try and keep it minimal. And i am not saying Ron should not leave, i just dont think its the time for that to be done just yet!
and Thanks.

I think people really need to try and support this a bit more. Jack is trying to do something positive here in the name of sufc and is being shot down for this. Really doesn't make sense. I am fully behind this purely because I don't believing in sitting on a website moaning. Maybe this protest won't do a thing but at least we as fans now we have done a tiny something rather than watching from a far because we can't be bothered or are too embarassed.

IMO people who care and physically can get to this will, the others well thats upto you really. Not everyone will agree and thats fair enough. every single person is entitled to go or not but the more there the better. I know jacks trying to get the echo of board.

People can be key people in this. Posters like Trueblue, McNasty, Cricko, Dave the shrimper, Matt the shrimp, the list goes on and on. lets have some of you behind us.

up the blues

I understand where your coming from. I agree, but lets try and keep it minimal. And i am not saying Ron should not leave, i just dont think its the time for that to be done just yet!
and Thanks.

Jack - I say well done to you for showing some passion and trying to show what this club means, but I just think you're burying your head in the sand a bit.

Ipswich game? We'll be lucky if there's still one by then. Who exactly is going to be playing for SUFC at that game? Will we even have any players or manager left by then?

And banning calls for Ron to go or voicing criticism of him. You say now's not the time. My goodness. When will people wake up and realise just how serious things are and how little time there may be because of the way the club has been run? I saw Vic Jobson endure years of personal abuse and boycotts, etc. Yes, he was on opposite sides of the spectrum to Ron Martin when it comes to charm and PR (at least until recently), but things are far worse now than they ever were under Jobson. Is Ron Martin's way of communicating with the fans the only reason why some fans seem to refuse to want to criticise him? What does he have to do before fans want to turn the heat up on him? If you don't want him out now, I doubt you ever will. I'm sure you've noticed how bad things have got - hence your energies in getting the protest together. But why should the man who's got the club into the appalling state it's in be absolved from receiving any criticism at the protest? It simply doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes - let's be positive about the club. But also let Ron Martin know that the fans won't tolerate what he's doing to our club. Otherwise, what's the point of a purely positive protest? You might as well go into the Ipswich game (if there is one) and sing your hearts out for the team just like at any other game. It's hardly going to make him sit up and take note, is it?

Jack - I say well done to you for showing some passion and trying to show what this club means, but I just think you're burying your head in the sand a bit.

Ipswich game? We'll be lucky if there's still one by then. Who exactly is going to be playing for SUFC at that game? Will we even have any players or manager left by then?

And banning calls for Ron to go or voicing criticism of him. You say now's not the time. My goodness. When will people wake up and realise just how serious things are and how little time there may be because of the way the club has been run? I saw Vic Jobson endure years of personal abuse and boycotts, etc. Yes, he was on opposite sides of the spectrum to Ron Martin when it comes to charm and PR (at least until recently), but things are far worse now than they ever were under Jobson. Is Ron Martin's way of communicating with the fans the only reason why some fans seem to refuse to want to criticise him? What does he have to do before fans want to turn the heat up on him? If you don't want him out now, I doubt you ever will. I'm sure you've noticed how bad things have got - hence your energies in getting the protest together. But why should the man who's got the club into the appalling state it's in be absolved from receiving any criticism at the protest? It simply doesn't make any sense to me.

Yes - let's be positive about the club. But also let Ron Martin know that the fans won't tolerate what he's doing to our club. Otherwise, what's the point of a purely positive protest? You might as well go into the Ipswich game (if there is one) and sing your hearts out for the team just like at any other game. It's hardly going to make him sit up and take note, is it?

Hello Elstree Blue. Thanks, i agree with most of what your saying but i think if he says nothing true after this protest, there will be a protest to get him out. As for us not given him any criticism, we will and are arranging flags to be taken to the protest with things such as 'Wheres our new stadium' 'We need players' lets put him under pressure.
This means were supporting the team, and putting Ron under pressure with out calling him a 'C U next Tuesday' :D

Back