• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Let's be honest,

Last night the result had little meaning,win lose or draw we were through !

My beef is the rules state 5 first team players must play,Brown started with Fortune and Cox who both have clearly demonstrated they cannot score regularly ,then Cox is hooked in peculiar circumstances after 9 minutes.

Why oh why did the manager not think "I will try a completely different forward line just to see if these guys can cut the mustard"

Williams must be gutted he never had the chance to have a go,whether he is good enough is another story but last night was the one game where it didn't matter.

King has yet another chance and again he wasn't up to it.

Really appalling management IMO .

I'm no fan of JW based on what I've seen so far, but I cannot fathom for the life of me why PB gave him a new contract only to then not play him in a game like last night, which would have been the perfect opportunity for him to prove himself.

Got to admit I was a bit surprised that Williams didn't get a run out. Brown has seen what all of the other strikers can do now and surely if you were ever going to give Williams a run out then this was the time to do it.

Williams was given one more year to prove himself. PB sees him play in the under 21 matches and every day in training. If he has not shown enough since early July, then he only has himself to blame.

The few times I have watched training this season his finishing has been poor. Their are lots of striker orientated games like 6 aside with full size goals. He will for example have a one-on one and place it at a nice saveable height.

Now before we drag out the old 'lets have a striking coach' line. How can you ever be any good if you need a coach to say roll on the floor into the corner just like Harry Kyp does in the same position.

Williams was given one more year to prove himself. PB sees him play in the under 21 matches and every day in training. If he has not shown enough since early July, then he only has himself to blame.

The few times I have watched training this season his finishing has been poor. Their are lots of striker orientated games like 6 aside with full size goals. He will for example have a one-on one and place it at a nice saveable height.

Now before we drag out the old 'lets have a striking coach' line. How can you ever be any good if you need a coach to say roll on the floor into the corner just like Harry Kyp does in the same position.

Phil gave him another contract,Phil has seen him for three year's,now either Phil is blowing the budget regardless or he simply doesn't have a clue.

Phil gave him another contract,Phil has seen him for three year's,now either Phil is blowing the budget regardless or he simply doesn't have a clue.

JW is hardly blowing out budget. Why are you complaining, he fits the bill of young hungry striker who scores at non league level.

What he is proving is that not all of those sort of players can improve enough to be a first or even second choice striker in L1.

JW is hardly blowing out budget. Why are you complaining, he fits the bill of young hungry striker who scores at non league level.

What he is proving is that not all of those sort of players can improve enough to be a first or even second choice striker in L1.

We are told often by you our budget is low,why spend whatever Williams earns and not play him,watch the pennies and Phil can go get another vet.

We are told often by you our budget is low,why spend whatever Williams earns and not play him,watch the pennies and Phil can go get another vet.

Just 12 months ago you were telling us all PB was an idiot for not signing JW on a five year deal as he was the best thing since Freddy.......Time to make your mind up mrs.

Just 12 months ago you were telling us all PB was an idiot for not signing JW on a five year deal as he was the best thing since Freddy.......Time to make your mind up mrs.

Please find that post Riggers and re post it.

I think not a lot would have been lost by at least giving Williams a half, or even a run for Matsuzaka who was on the bench. A real wasted opportunity . Hard to believe Williams would have done worse than Fortune or Bridge for that matter in last nights circumstances

I think it's been widely accepted now that Williams isn't going to make the grade with us. I used to hold a lot of hope for the lad but last night's omission spoke volumes. He's clearly not in Brown's plans and I imagine we may look to move him on in January if the opportunity arises.

JW may have had a bit more luck if we were still in League Two, but it's far too much too soon for him I think as he just isn't currently up to the standard of League One football. He did well for Chelmsford in the Conference South but wasn't anywhere near as effective in the Conference with Welling. He'll definitely go on to have a decent enough career out of the game but not sure he'll spend a lot of it in league football.

Having said that, my preference would be to loan him out to a Conference side from January to the end of the season and see how he does.

We had restrictions with the starting line up, but the three subs should have included a run out for Williams, though I would have started with him.

Why Wordy came on is beyond me. Very strange.

Whether Williams can cut it or not, we only have four other strikers and two of them have been injured. To not at least have Williams match fit for a few weeks seems odd.

Come January then things might change and obviously in the interim we are keeping an eye on unattached players, but we now have a run of eight league fixtures and a chuckletrade match in 7 weeks and might need Williams, even if only as a 20 minutes sub.

I think not a lot would have been lost by at least giving Williams a half, or even a run for Matsuzaka who was on the bench. A real wasted opportunity . Hard to believe Williams would have done worse than Fortune or Bridge for that matter in last nights circumstances

Agreed.

At the very least Brown could have rested Fortune and if JW was dog then get rid of him,crazy decisions from Phil.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've tried to loan him out to a conference side, unfortunately I doubt there are any that are interested in him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've tried to loan him out to a conference side, unfortunately I doubt there are any that are interested in him.

He was loaned to Chelmsford,scored for fun then Phil recalled him ,then never used him.
He was loaned to Welling scored 3 in 11 in a struggling team and Phil recalled him,then never used him .

Barmy.

GDM you may have a point, JW must have been watched , and with clubs having smaller squads and there is a glut of experienced players out of clubs JW is going to find it hard I am afraid

I agree that Williams should have been given a run out last night, perhaps for the last 30 minutes. His confidence must be low following not getting on to the pitch at all.

Williams must be gutted he never had the chance to have a go,whether he is good enough is another story but last night was the one game where it didn't matter.
Maybe the decision has been made by PB . that he isn't good enough ?? And he is only here until an alternative can be found?? Both for him and us ??

He's not very good, but I wouldn't have him put down.

I agree that Williams should have been given a run out last night, perhaps for the last 30 minutes. His confidence must be low following not getting on to the pitch at all.

He may well of done if the rules were different. With Cox and Thompson off by half time, it was more important to protect Timlin than have a look at Williams

Back