• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell staying

Nothing would please me more than if this proves to be the right decision

Because Ron Martin puts a statement out backing Powell is what some supporters want to hear, im not convinced it will change anything. Powell is a square peg in a round hole, div2 hear we come !

Sounds like the dreaded vote of confidence. If Ron is backing Powell then we as supporters have to do the same. Do I agree with Ron's decision? No. Will I continue to support the manager and the team in the hope we can turn it round? Yes.

All this has done has taken the onous off of Powell and onto Ron Martin. He will now take a massive share of the flack if we go down for sticking with Powell.

I’m personally very disappointed but not surprised.

I don’t agree with all this we’ve got to get behind the team. Who actually goes to the games and isn’t behind the team? Surely you can’t call yourself a supporter of Southend United if you aren’t behind the team at every game. If it gets to 85 mins and we are 4-0 down you can understand people booing at the end or not being happy. This works both ways the players and manager have to put the effort in for us to get behind them and at the moment they’re not doing that.

Okay, so the chairman has spoken. I’ll back him for backing his man but he obviously doesn’t have complete faith in him or he wouldn’t have had to have a meeting this morning

Anyway......

Where’s this guy gone?

28cn436.jpg

i2vdol.jpg

This guy looked over the moon to be our manager about 14 months ago and right now I look at the dugout and I see a broken shell of a man. Obviously we’re losing so he’s not gonna be out on the pitch celebrating but his demeanour has been a huge concern to me if that’s the message getting across to the players. Have the lights gone out that fast?

Keep in mind he came in last season in a very similar position we’re in now and he got everyone including himself fired up. Is he able to motivate himself right now?

Come on Chris. Reignite that fire and let’s ****ing do this!!!!

You said in your first press conference we’re gonna have some fun..... so let’s have some bloody fun!!

33jgtn8.jpg

All this has done has taken the onous off of Powell and onto Ron Martin. He will now take a massive share of the flack if we go down for sticking with Powell.

I’m personally very disappointed but not surprised.

I don’t agree with all this we’ve got to get behind the team. Who actually goes to the games and isn’t behind the team? Surely you can’t call yourself a supporter of Southend United if you aren’t behind the team at every game. If it gets to 85 mins and we are 4-0 down you can understand people booing at the end or not being happy. This works both ways the players and manager have to put the effort in for us to get behind them and at the moment they’re not doing that.

My thoughts perfectly summed up. Anyone who thinks just because a free bus ride to Peterborough and a few words from Ron is going to make me voice my displeasure if we still haven’t won after the next couple of games then you are wrong.

So, CP hasn't been able to play with his pattern of play.

What is that exactly, then and if he has one, then let's play that and fit the players into it and stick with it for 8 games.

Then, if it doesn't work and we are relegated, we can at least say it was done on CP's terms.

At the moment, there is no set-up. No structure and no real belief and a shedload of excuses.

Yesterday's performance was abysmal. We all know the system doesn't work. The players must know it too.

I'd get shot of the other two guys now and say to CP he is on his own. We and the club will back him, but lets have some transparency of thought here, so we all know what he's trying to do and can at least buy into it for the remaining games.

At the moment, I haven't the foggiest what is going on. What I do know is that garbage served up yesterday wasn't fit for the Borough Combination!

So, CP hasn't been able to play with his pattern of play.

What is that exactly, then and if he has one, then let's play that and fit the players into it and stick with it for 8 games.

Then, if it doesn't work and we are relegated, we can at least say it was done on CP's terms.

At the moment, there is no set-up. No structure and no real belief and a shedload of excuses.

Yesterday's performance was abysmal. We all know the system doesn't work. The players must know it too.

I'd get shot of the other two guys now and say to CP he is on his own. We and the club will back him, but lets have some transparency of thought here, so we all know what he's trying to do and can at least buy into it for the remaining games.

At the moment, I haven't the foggiest what is going on. What I do know is that garbage served up yesterday wasn't fit for the Borough Combination!

Surely when you become manager , the first thing you and your team do is tell the players the system you want to go with and stick to it.. I know, I know, we have a had a lot of injuries that would upset your original plan at times, but all teams have some.

It would be better to stick to a system that the players know is what you want from them than to change it week after week as that must surely baffle them all. Maybe the odd change to combat a certain opponents style of play at times but it is better to take the game to them and let them worry about us, rather than the other way round.

What ever happened to supporting your team through thick and thin?? Iv been brought up to do this and after 30 years of going would never turn my back on my club!! I have a 10 year old and he’s starting turn learn how it works with us ie it’s not all good!! People that say I’m done until Powell has gone wtf or am I the one that is wrong? I just think if that’s how you really feel ****ing do one and don’t come back.... any thoughts anyone?

Back