• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Powell staying

I see 2 further losses followed by Powell sacked in a fortnights time, by which time we will be bottom and probably require 10 points from last 6 games to stay up!!
That’s the spirit!

Last edited:
I wonder if any of the players have relegation clauses in theit contract? I doubt Cox will fancy League 2 football.

I think Cox would just be one of many who head for the exit doors. You can add Kightly, Oxley for a start. Hopefully the likes of Humphys, Hopper will stick around being fairly new to the club.

I think Cox would just be one of many who head for the exit doors. You can add Kightly, Oxley for a start. Hopefully the likes of Humphys, Hopper will stick around being fairly new to the club.

I am happy to drive Kightley to whatever club he wants to sign for and I'll throw in a Little Chef on the way.

...and how about your opinion on the first part of my post?

You feel how you feel. I can't affect that and we're all entitled to our opinion. I just think that he has been unable to play anything like the team he wants and has been restricted week in week out with player availability. Turner for instance cannot play every game. He's too old. Tactically I'm not sure he has been as bad as everyone says all the time. He's been unlucky and we can look back and say that because we have dropped points, he got it wrong. Maybe that's the measure of how well he's doing for some people, but not for me. Blackpool last week was a case in point and if the ball goes over Moore's head then we win and his tactics were spot on.

Sometimes he gets it right, sometimes wrong, but every manager is the same.

I must admit to being incredibly surprised however at just how many people seem to want him gone, when a year ago he took over and won what was it, 5 on the trot? Aside from the players he let go, the ones he brought in have barely been available which means we've replaced the stalwarts with kids, and not through choice but necessity. I know we are losing games but although it's worrying it's hardly a lost cause yet and with about 10 teams separated by just 3 points do we think we'd feel any better if we were Plymouth or Wycombe? Next week we could be above them!

It's time to hold our nerve and as I've said, we need to pull in the same direction. Changing the manager is not what's needed at this time.

I'm of the view that he should go my previous posts make no bones about that fact . however the messiah in Ronald has spoken and we now know as a fanbase where we stand , there is no point continuing to fill the forum with further toxic and negativity despite a lot of it being justified and valid . lets try out best to get behind the club and see where we end up come the end of season. We regroup regardless of what division we're in and dust ourselves down and go again. the decision has been made.

I don't see why they should... they're being paid well. We would have more danger at not re-signing someone whose contract had expired. The players we already have won't be going anywhere I don't think.

I see Cox staying and becoming captain. He's not getting younger and he seems to enjoy playing for us. For one season at least.

Coker will stay I reckon, also for one season. Then if we don't get promoted he will be allowed to leave.

I would suspect that Oxley, Turner, Moore, Wabo, Smith, Robinson, McLaughlin, Kightly and Hendrie will leave.

I wonder where Ron and the management team had their meeting this morning? Is that little caff in Rayleigh Lanes still going? Nice spot that is. A sausage sandwich and a cup of instant Maxwell House and I bet the world seemed a much better place. Though I bet Chrissy Powell had a bottle of Yazoo banana milk. COYB!

Whether we agree with the decision or not is irrelevant now. We must get behind Powell and the players and give them 100%, no more negativity from the stands. Moaning isn’t going to keep us up but our support might at least help.

As for the free coach travel, it’s a nice gesture but at £26 a ticket is anyone that wouldn’t have gone before going to be encouraged because of free travel? The free coach travel hasn’t worked well before but I think the support at Charlton showed how a large, vocal following can help get the team over the line so I hope it does encourage a few extra.

I see Cox staying and becoming captain. He's not getting younger and he seems to enjoy playing for us. For one season at least.

Coker will stay I reckon, also for one season. Then if we don't get promoted he will be allowed to leave.

I would suspect that Oxley, Turner, Moore, Wabo, Smith, Robinson, McLaughlin, Kightly and Hendrie will leave.

I agree re Cox although I'd like to see Kiernan as skipper. He's under contract anyway so the choice is ours. Moore's on loan, so back to Bristol he'll go. No chance of him wanting to come here if we are in L2.

We may sell Oxley, who is also under contract, as is Robinson, McLaughlin and Kightly. Theo and Macca may be able to be sold, Kightly not a chance in hell unless he goes to the states or China.

Turner we have an option on but I can't see us taking that up given his performances recently. Wabo I think will be released, as will Hendrie.

That leaves Smith out of your selection, and he's an interesting case. We have invested so much into him and it would seem ridiculous to have 3 keepers in the squad. I would say that we would offer him something if Oxley goes. Otherwise, we would release him.

This is fair enough mate - but I really think it’s absolute dreamland if you think a change of manager would keep us up with 8 games to go.
Just for the sake of asking ,how many games were left last season when CP took over from Brown.

Back