• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How long do we have to wait before we can invoke the CPO/ go to court? There must be a time limit I would think, but is it statutory (I.e. We can't bring it forward)? Sorry if this question was covered but I missed it.

How long do we have to wait before we can invoke the CPO/ go to court? There must be a time limit I would think, but is it statutory (I.e. We can't bring it forward)? Sorry if this question was covered but I missed it.

there was a thread on this, and I did put together a rough timeline. Unfortuantely it was one of the threads that got lost when the server went down, and to be frank I can't remember what the timeline was . I think the enclosed was the main reference document.
http://www.communities.gov.uk/publications/planningandbuilding/compulsorypurchase

greed seems to be the motivation for martin, not the shopkeepers. for the life of me, i cannot understand why our council have allowed cpos to be put on place for basically a retail developement with no tangible benefits to the council, save for a nice bit of new road!! I hope these shopkeepers stand firm, and take martin for every single penny, and delay and obstruct as long as possible. martin seems to be indicating from his radio interview, that he is underwriting all our losses. so i am sure money is not a problem for him. if i was the shopkeepers i would go for £1m each and work from there downwards.

still everything is on the up isnt it. try telling that the latest round of ppl that lost their jobs 2 weeks ago at the club.

Just what I was thinking - God forbit that anyone would have the temerity be greedy when dealing with such a straight and humble guy as Mr Martin or a little old Sainsbury's! They both want the site to enable them to make megabucks, so why should these guys, who have been chuntering along for years, just roll over and give in? Market value plus plenty, not a measly 10 or 15%.

still everything is on the up isnt it. try telling that the latest round of ppl that lost their jobs 2 weeks ago at the club.

You do know that these are tough times at the moment and that quite a few people all over the country are losing their jobs? What do you want Ron to do? Pay people from a pot that doesn't exist? Oh, he tried that and got moaned at, so he cut's the workforce so that the club can exist and pay it's vitally needed staff and that's wrong.

Please also don't forget that the stadium project and the football club are pretty much two separate entities, still though, easier to just throw **** at RM and hope that something sticks

And finally, why shouldn't greed be at the top of his agenda? He's a businessman, if he was nice and giving people as much as he could I don't think he'd have got to the (albeit shaky) position he is in now.

greed seems to be the motivation for martin, not the shopkeepers. for the life of me, i cannot understand why our council have allowed cpos to be put on place for basically a retail developement with no tangible benefits to the council, save for a nice bit of new road!! I hope these shopkeepers stand firm, and take martin for every single penny, and delay and obstruct as long as possible. martin seems to be indicating from his radio interview, that he is underwriting all our losses. so i am sure money is not a problem for him. if i was the shopkeepers i would go for £1m each and work from there downwards.

I think the council might be thinking more about the employment of local people to build and construct the whole development over a 2 year period and then the employment of hundreds of local people in maintaining and working on the development when its up and running.

I think there will be hundreds of jobs over the course of the next few years atleast.

Thats people off the benefits system paying taxes into local government. Thats retail outlets taking business and paying taxes into local governments.

Thats a football club with higher attendances and increased revenue streams and staff quota .

Yeah i think your right birdseye. I cant for the life of me see why the council would try and support this at the cost of maybe 5-6 local businesses with a staff count of maybe 20 tops!

I already have to 5 of my mates who normally buy pizza from them, before the nightout not to order any more pizza for friday and Saturday night, and they agreed to get foods from another pizza place in town!

i dont see the football club and the new stadium being two seperate entitites at all . where martin is invovled its part and parcel of one of his numerous companies
and i forgot brady as well

Back