• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

Can’t see how how the EFL and others talking about the season ending( as they should) has anything to do with some chairman/ clubs talking about legal action
Really?
They've already made the decision to void non-league below step 3.
Hence the trigger finger from the likes of Jersey Bulls about to fire a legal salvo.
No FA decision: no talk of legal action.

Really?
They've already made the decision to void non-league below step 3.
Hence the trigger finger from the likes of Jersey Bulls about to fire a legal salvo.
No FA decision: no talk of legal action.
Football clubs /legal action in the situation of corvid 19 ? If you properly read my original post any club who threatens legal action from the premiershite to level 5/6 are totally out of touch. It’s just a sport not life changing! Spend the lega fees supporting our people but I’m sure your still disagree

I'm not sure worrying about human life is the same as a league running roughshod over smaller clubs because the football authorities feel they can.
This voiding results smells of a knee-jerk reaction. Probably, as a result of smaller clubs being unable to afford legal action.
Do you suppose the FA would have the cojones to void Premier League results?
In theory, they should after this, right?
But this is little guy versus corporate giants.
I reckon there will be an announcement in the next couple of days that the season is null and void at all levels.
Football is totally irrelevant at the present time end the season . Best wishes and stay safe to everyone whoever you support. Think you will be right Chris b hopefully although some people think football comes first

The PL cant really do much until the government say its ok. That might not be until September at the earliest. By this time a lot of players will be out of contract as well. They have a careful line to tread as they will not want to damage their product/brand. Have to be honest all football seems a bit irrelevant at the moment, and I think a lot of people feel the same. To See multi million pound clubs and league arguing over a football competition may come across as a bit tasteless in the present climate.

Football clubs /legal action in the situation of corvid 19 ? If you properly read my original post any club who threatens legal action from the premiershite to level 5/6 are totally out of touch. It’s just a sport not life changing! Spend the lega fees supporting our people but I’m sure your still disagree
I did read your post 'properly', Steve.
The point I made (I hope) was the FA should have sat on its hands, rather than kill the season at Step 3 of non-league.
When did talk of legal action begin? After the FA voided lower reaches of non league.
And of course, the current situation is life changing, but it doesn't look as if that nuance has reached football's authorities, eh?
As for debating the issues, if you start now, you should be through reprimanding everyone on Shrimperzone who's chucked their tuppence-worth into the discussion by Friday.
That's Friday week, by the way.

I did read your post 'properly', Steve.
The point I made (I hope) was the FA should have sat on its hands, rather than kill the season at Step 3 of non-league.
When did talk of legal action begin? After the FA voided lower reaches of non league.
And of course, the current situation is life changing, but it doesn't look as if that nuance has reached football's authorities, eh?
As for debating the issues, if you start now, you should be through reprimanding everyone on Shrimperzone who's chucked their tuppence-worth into the discussion by Friday.
That's Friday week, by the way.
It is life changing for several clubs as well i know of 3 that face closure nif they cannot get gate income (this is via my job - one isn’t SUFC) from the remaining games. The PL clubs are not as yet talking about helping out the L1 & 2 clubs. Clubs do plan for bad times, not this extreme but some plans are there, but with no gate income that affects FFP and sas yet the EFL are not giving any indications on that to the clubs, so they have to assume it will be as per every year. Hence the 3 clubs being very very worried, there are around 8 or so that maybe further impacted.

So while i agree very much so that health and well being is the top priority for everyone, some who run clubs and have other businesses that can or would be affected are worried and considering options. They may have to lay people off from the club and their business, whilst some are or could be protected by the government schemes some wont be.

SPFL increasingly thinking season won't be completed.

This article mentions that the Premier League is exploring the possibility of a behind-closed-doors, all-televised event over the summer to finish off the season.

An absolutely atrocious idea which is based utterly and completely on the financial side of things.

This article mentions that the Premier League is exploring the possibility of a behind-closed-doors, all-televised event over the summer to finish off the season.

An absolutely atrocious idea which is based utterly and completely on the financial side of things.

A very good article indicating the the SPFL is run by people with brains. They are absolutely correct that the goal now should be ASAP certainty for the clubs, ensuring their financial well being and the start of next season (this one has gone). Interesting they are taking legal advise re. the best way of implementing this so should give a pretty good indication regarding what might happen in the English leagues.

As we know the EFL is run by numpties, and so they will delay clinging to their fanciful ideas that this season will magically complete even if in the meantime clubs go out of business (I notice Westcliff DGS' post above). I also sense they are lacking the balls to act without the Prem, and by waiting for their lead are still further jeopardising the future of EFL clubs. The Prem's idea of a massive behind closed doors televised tournament over a number of days to finish the season in the summer, with 20 teams somehow completing 8/9 games each is described as fanciful by the SPFL. They are far, far, far to polite. ..

Great! A soulless season played out to make more cash.
You couldn't make it up, unless of course you live in the UK and have to suffer the PL.

A very good article indicating the the SPFL is run by people with brains. They are absolutely correct that the goal now should be ASAP certainty for the clubs, ensuring their financial well being and the start of next season (this one has gone). Interesting they are taking legal advise re. the best way of implementing this so should give a pretty good indication regarding what might happen in the English leagues.

As we know the EFL is run by numpties, and so they will delay clinging to their fanciful ideas that this season will magically complete even if in the meantime clubs go out of business (I notice Westcliff DGS' post above). I also sense they are lacking the balls to act without the Prem, and by waiting for their lead are still further jeopardising the future of EFL clubs. The Prem's idea of a massive behind closed doors televised tournament over a number of days to finish the season in the summer, with 20 teams somehow completing 8/9 games each is described as fanciful by the SPFL. They are far, far, far to polite. ..
Greed comes to mind. Let them suffer like the rest of us.

I cannot believe that it is major sports news that the highly paid players of Barcelona and Juventus have taken a pay cut, god they only have to survive on somewhere around a 100k a week some of them. Hard life lol, i know people will say you live to your means but if you take 70% reduction and still earn say 80k per week i reckon you will be ok

Last edited:
66 non league clubs send letter to FA asking it to urgently reconsider its decision to void the season
What the “headline” fails to point out is that is out of the clubs from 91 leagues..
What’s that 1500 clubs?
The representatives from each of the leagues however supported the decision- what you have clubs who deem their self interest more important. They obviously believe they should have a veto..Will happen thru EFL and Prem also- will bring out the worst in some clubs who will effectively make clear £££ or their promotions is more important than anything else.

What the “headline” fails to point out is that is out of the clubs from 91 leagues..
What’s that 1500 clubs?
The representatives from each of the leagues however supported the decision- what you have clubs who deem their self interest more important. They obviously believe they should have a veto..Will happen thru EFL and Prem also- will bring out the worst in some clubs who will effectively make clear £££ or their promotions is more important than anything else.
That was a my point, someclubs will very much believe that

What’s that 1500 clubs?

Why shouldn't clubs have their say? That they didn't allow them is pretty bad.

Why shouldn't clubs have their say? That they didn't allow them is pretty bad.

Again you suggest "they didn't allow them"- perhaps misled a little by the reporting. The FA are adamant they did "allow them" and the decision was made based on the input of their (the clubs) league representatives at each level. Now these teams may disagree with the input from their own representative but the FAs point is that the representatives can only reflect the input from the majority of the clubs they represent? No-one would suggest 64 clubs across 91 leagues should enjoy some sort of veto so not sure what the FA is supposed to do.

Now I am the first on here to point the finger at some of what the representative bodies do, notably the EFL, but here it seems to me the FA have followed their own process and based the decision on feedback across the 91 leagues.

It must be me, but I'm a little bemused by the last four posts.
Kent Blues suggests this was 91 (now 100, according to the BBC) who wrote out of 1500.
One assumes it's the clubs like Bulls and South Shields from the immediate leagues below step 2 non-league who have most to lose.
'Representatives from each of the leagues'? I doubt very much, for example, whether the Cornwall Combination made or the Shropshire Premier League made a protest.
Each level to step 13 needs an awful lot of representation. I'd like to see evidence to the contrary, and I can't find any.
'More important than anything else'?
Is that the same complaint that clubs should not be thinking of the future in the face of the current crisis?
In which case, the FA should also have downed tools until it's over.
One action provokes a reaction.

Back