• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Save our Southend Protest Confirmed

I pledge to be there 100% on the last Saturday!

Will there be a different approach if we are still able to escape relegation? Will there be a coordinated approach to show our support for the players (who will be either within the stadium parameter or arriving) whilst simultaneously maintaining our protest towards the manor in which the club has been run by RM?

Secondly are there any printers on SZ who can get some decent conti-board / cardboard printed placards?

I pledge to be there 100% on the last Saturday!

Will there be a different approach if we are still able to escape relegation? Will there be a coordinated approach to show our support for the players (who will be either within the stadium parameter or arriving) whilst simultaneously maintaining our protest towards the manor in which the club has been run by RM?

Secondly are there any printers on SZ who can get some decent conti-board / cardboard printed placards?

Yes to the first question. If we are still in with a shout, we'll support from outside. Obviously we have to think carefully about how that will work, but we'll have a week to wrap our heads around that.

I am liaising with the Police. So far indications are positive, but there are a few hoops we have to jump through - notably a Covid risk assessment which is being drafted as I type.

I don't think you'd need to tell them your intensions, the Police are probably all over this site already. They're not stupid, they have teams who monitor football fan sites.

Yes to the first question. If we are still in with a shout, we'll support from outside. Obviously we have to think carefully about how that will work, but we'll have a week to wrap our heads around that.
Re: Placards
I know a couple of printers so may be able to pull a couple of favours if they are needed

Failing that also happy to donate some ££ towards getting some printed up if other are willing to do the same. (If the press are to be involved it would give a bit of kudos to our cause!?)

I (think) it was JT who pointed this out above but Ron appointing an CEO ASAP is the most important move. And this doesn’t mean in July. We need one in now, if we wait 3/4 weeks after the season has ended, we will be woefully unprepared for the national league. I don’t think for one second he will walk away unless someone comes in and offers him with a way out with a 5/10/15 million offer and a % of property sales.

I will be in contact once schedule confirmed

Rivalry is nothing without rivals.

Fans need to support each other
Could this not be organised with a col ewe supporters club/association/trust? Solidarity could send a strong message out if our protestors were aware in advance and understood the positive stance being taken. The police might be quite nervous about it though!

Could this not be organised with a col ewe supporters club/association/trust? Solidarity could send a strong message out if our protestors were aware in advance and understood the positive stance being taken. The police might be quite nervous about it though!

To achieve what? We don't even know what we're protesting against and or actually what we want from it. It's a free for all with no plan.

Regarding the ‘message’ behind the protest, is it not as simple as ‘Ron out’? If we’re unhappy with the way the club is being run then we’re demanding change, and at the top, no?

Whether it is likely or not, this is surely the most simple way of applying pressure to Ron to make changes in the way the club is being run or owned and listen to the fans and Stan. It’s the simplicity that will help gain coverage too, a list of demands and mixed messages from every fan’s wish list regarding staff, the ground and ownership models will just dilute the power of the protest. The protest in my opinion needs to reflect the fact that we’re not happy with where our club is heading.

Protests usually are about letting the owner/s know that their customers aren’t happy with them and are going to make it uncomfortable for them to continue getting away with it. Let’s not forget Ron has had a free hit this season without what would have been a fairly acrimonious roots hall I reckon.

Regarding the ‘message’ behind the protest, is it not as simple as ‘Ron out’? If we’re unhappy with the way the club is being run then we’re demanding change, and at the top, no?

Whether it is likely or not, this is surely the most simple way of applying pressure to Ron to make changes in the way the club is being run or owned and listen to the fans and Stan. It’s the simplicity that will help gain coverage too, a list of demands and mixed messages from every fan’s wish list regarding staff, the ground and ownership models will just dilute the power of the protest. The protest in my opinion needs to reflect the fact that we’re not happy with where our club is heading.

Protests usually are about letting the owner/s know that their customers aren’t happy with them and are going to make it uncomfortable for them to continue getting away with it. Let’s not forget Ron has had a free hit this season without what would have been a fairly acrimonious roots hall I reckon.

Ok, that's fine.What if Ron says sod it, I've had enough amd walks away straight away, what's the plan? NONE..........

To achieve what? We don't even know what we're protesting against and or actually what we want from it. It's a free for all with no plan.

It looks like an organised demonstration to me, with the objective of showing Ron we've "had enough" (sound familiar) of the way he's running the football club. Yes, he could walk away but that's the chance we take. Are we that much worse off with him walking away and us forming a phoenix club ?

It looks like an organised demonstration to me, with the objective of showing Ron we've "had enough" (sound familiar) of the way he's running the football club. Yes, he could walk away but that's the chance we take. Are we that much worse off with him walking away and us forming a phoenix club ?
Oh yes, without even a scintilla of a doubt. It really doesn’t help to get a unified approach when some actually suggest that a Phoenix club out the wreckage of the club going under is somehow a price worth paying..

You won't be representing me, I'm in a state of realism to know if Ron walked away tomorrow we'd fold. We have no plan, no one who'd be willing to take over, it's just a stir up from Stan that the fans are jumping on.

I don’t think he will walk away but we would be worse off with a Phoenix club.

possibly 2 years to set up as defo wouldn’t be ready for next season as all the set up and the. registrations take time.

in that time people's interests could wain, so the support base could drop nd thus then less income etc

finsing a ground that is acceptable for the league you enter in at, I am guessing below NL south some where

finding a keys to put money in regularly as income wouldn’t be there that low down the pyramid thats based on y assumption we would be below NL south.

there will be a lot more but it isn’t as easy as saying we are the new Southend etc which I know you know.

overll as I say cant see RM walking away, too much money involved

The SoS Committee met this evening, and have decided to vote unanimously in favour of organising a protest at Roots Hall for the last game of the season. Arrangements are now being organised. Details will be published in the next few days.

Save Our Southend
Protesting is all well and good, but would you please let me know what is hoped that will be gained from it. What is it’s aims and objectives? What alternative is in place? Thanks.

Last edited:
You won't be representing me, I'm in a state of realism to know if Ron walked away tomorrow we'd fold. We have no plan, no one who'd be willing to take over, it's just a stir up from Stan that the fans are jumping on.

I totally understand that, but do you not think we're on borrowed time and are highly likely to fold in Non League, anyway ? We don't know if there's anybody that's willing to take over, because he's refused to sell. That housing development is worth fortunes and must be highly attractive ??

Back