• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Following on from Mogwai last week... I'm sticking to a Scottish theme with my next selection. Arguably not their best song, off probably their worst album... this is still an absolute blinder, and alongside one of the most visually stunning pieces of film i've ever watched... makes for one of the best music videos ever IMO.

So for week 3 i've chosen Boards of Canada, not known to too many, but they often find there way into adverts and Top Gear footage. The track is Dayvan Cowboy, off The Campfire Headphase... and the video uses footage of Joseph Kittinger doing a parachute jump from 31,330 m in 1960, setting a record that still stands today

Boards of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy

No worky here. Have Roygbiv on instead which sounds pretty, pretty good...

But I couldn't eat a whole one....

Last edited:
aaah Boards of Canada what a great band.

I remember seeing them once and the bass was so loud you could feel the soundwave move past you.

aaah Boards of Canada what a great band.

I remember seeing them once and the bass was so loud you could feel the soundwave move past you.

i'm dead jealous, they've only played live a few times, which i think has helped add to their cult status.

rumours are that a new album is nearly ready... i'm getting moist!

also there used to be a poster called Hexagon Sun on here, he was mad for BoC, shame he aint around any more

It was at All Tomorrow's Parties that i saw them, great festival, the first song they played was ambient kind of soundscapes then the second song kicked in with that bass nearly knocked me off my feet!

I'm lookin forward to the new portishead album at the end of the month with glee.

It was at All Tomorrow's Parties that i saw them, great festival, the first song they played was ambient kind of soundscapes then the second song kicked in with that bass nearly knocked me off my feet!

yeah i reading about that the other day.. 2001 yeah with Tortoise (another brilliant band)

haven't done an ATP yet which is mad cos i well love so many of the bands that play... definitely will do it next year

also looking forward to the portishead album too, heard one track and it's different, but then i imagine it won't be Dummy II

Back