• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

class

SZ's Official Accountant⭐
I’d like to start this week’s column by talking about something I witnessed last week.

Picture this, you’re new to the Club, you know only one person there and you’re due to attend your first training session since joining. Banter is always rife at Clubs like Southend so you want to arrive quietly, get your head down and, overall, make a pretty uneventful entrance.

But not if your name is Adam Federici!

Imagine the lads’ surprise (and joy) when he was introduced to the first team last Thursday wearing this (see picture)! What a way to introduce yourself to your team mates (although many couldn’t actually recognise him due to the glare off the t-shirt). The only person who couldn’t comment on A-Feds t-shirt was Kevin Betsy who was wearing and equally rascal v-neck. What Kevin doesn’t know is that he is in prime position for Tommy Black’s ‘Worst Dressed Player’ award this year, and I’m sure he’ll be hoping Adam stays on a little longer when he hears the news!

Speaking of Betsy, has anybody noticed the demise of the ‘Betsy Blog’ in recent weeks? The Revster welcomes all competition but I don’t think three-blog-Betsy could handle it. Never mind, everyone knows that all he does in his spare time is read poetry and check the stock-market so it would hardly make for riveting reading!

In all seriousness Kevin (and Barney who I’m about to slate as well) is a great lad and loves the banter so I’m sure he’ll accept the defeat graciously, and who knows, I might provide his material for a return of the blog!

On Barney-watch this week…..

You’ll be pleased to hear that ‘Bully Barnard’ has rested up on new dad Lee Sawyer over the last few days, but this has only had a bad effect for new target Jamie Forshaw. Twice this week Jamie has had to take Lee’s lunch to him and then clear it up after, who said YTS’s have it easy in today’s game!

On the field, the boys are buzzing after Friday’s result and are confident that we’ve gotten over our ‘blip’ and can build on the last three results. You guys were great and created a terrific atmosphere which reached us down on the pitch and this is part of the reason we love Friday night football at Roots Hall. We’re one of the few Clubs that do it, but with the great occasions it creates this can only be a benefit to us as a Club.

We know we’re a match for anyone on our day in this division and with some big fixtures coming up throughout October it’ll give us a chance to test this theory.

I heard that on the forum last week there was a proposed ‘Rev’s Cook Book’ and I must say it’s a top idea – you never know what the future holds but my agent is talking to Penguin Publishing as we speak!

Revs dish of the week:

‘Chicken cacciatore’ – as Easy Living Magazine would say ‘a no-fuss Italian classic’!

Anyway, have a great end of week and hope to see you all soon

Up the Blues!

Revs

I’d like to start this week’s column by talking about something I witnessed last week.

Picture this, you’re new to the Club, you know only one person there and you’re due to attend your first training session since joining. Banter is always rife at Clubs like Southend so you want to arrive quietly, get your head down and, overall, make a pretty uneventful entrance.

But not if your name is Adam Federici!

Imagine the lads’ surprise (and joy) when he was introduced to the first team last Thursday wearing this (see picture)! What a way to introduce yourself to your team mates (although many couldn’t actually recognise him due to the glare off the t-shirt). The only person who couldn’t comment on A-Feds t-shirt was Kevin Betsy who was wearing and equally rascal v-neck. What Kevin doesn’t know is that he is in prime position for Tommy Black’s ‘Worst Dressed Player’ award this year, and I’m sure he’ll be hoping Adam stays on a little longer when he hears the news!

Speaking of Betsy, has anybody noticed the demise of the ‘Betsy Blog’ in recent weeks? The Revster welcomes all competition but I don’t think three-blog-Betsy could handle it. Never mind, everyone knows that all he does in his spare time is read poetry and check the stock-market so it would hardly make for riveting reading!

In all seriousness Kevin (and Barney who I’m about to slate as well) is a great lad and loves the banter so I’m sure he’ll accept the defeat graciously, and who knows, I might provide his material for a return of the blog!

On Barney-watch this week…..

You’ll be pleased to hear that ‘Bully Barnard’ has rested up on new dad Lee Sawyer over the last few days, but this has only had a bad effect for new target Jamie Forshaw. Twice this week Jamie has had to take Lee’s lunch to him and then clear it up after, who said YTS’s have it easy in today’s game!

On the field, the boys are buzzing after Friday’s result and are confident that we’ve gotten over our ‘blip’ and can build on the last three results. You guys were great and created a terrific atmosphere which reached us down on the pitch and this is part of the reason we love Friday night football at Roots Hall. We’re one of the few Clubs that do it, but with the great occasions it creates this can only be a benefit to us as a Club.

We know we’re a match for anyone on our day in this division and with some big fixtures coming up throughout October it’ll give us a chance to test this theory.

I heard that on the forum last week there was a proposed ‘Rev’s Cook Book’ and I must say it’s a top idea – you never know what the future holds but my agent is talking to Penguin Publishing as we speak!

Revs dish of the week:

‘Chicken cacciatore’ – as Easy Living Magazine would say ‘a no-fuss Italian classic’!

Anyway, have a great end of week and hope to see you all soon

Up the Blues!

Revs

Can you help us out as to the what's happended to Franc Moussa thread, is he injured or in training ?

The word legend gets banded around too much these days but Revs is a top fella. If Dougie isnt fit on Saturday then I hope Revell starts, with these weekly emails we'll surely have enough material for some funny chants from the Huish Park terrace.

"3-Blog-Betsy" great stuff.

Keep it up Revs.

Maybe Kevin Betsy should have a poetry corner?

Another excellent read well done Rev's brightened up my day.

Wonder if Revs ghost writes for 'Easy Living' magazine - seems to know it pretty well ;)

Sits on the bench penning 'Dear Deardrie' replies!

Wonder if Revs ghost writes for 'Easy Living' magazine - seems to know it pretty well ;)

Sits on the bench penning 'Dear Deardrie' replies!

That's my job! Seriously, if he ever has to retire from football, he's got a job sewn up as a writer. If Dougie isn't fit, then bring on the Rev!

Loving Al's weekly columns always worth a read, perhaps Ready Steay Cook or Come Dine With Me beckon?

revs a great bloke, from what i know about him he seems a really nice down to earth bloke. great addition to the team. don't think theres any other player in the i want to see suceed more.

The Zone is the Forum...as stated by Rev's....:)

Ah, if only Matty Harrold had thought of writing a blog, how different things might have turned out....

Ah, if only Matty Harrold had thought of writing a blog, how different things might have turned out....

Still wouldn't of helped him find the back of the net. Lucky with Rev's he knows what it looks like.

Back