• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

At the end of the day. It's he's choice Eddy. You can't blame him for that. Whats the other option, sitting on the bench for Col Ewe or playing in their reserves in front of a caravan family of 10 people?

Maybe he believes in himself more than many on here believe in him. There's always the chance he may come good under CP and surprise a few people. He has the tools but this far has not appeared to be an artisan. A few factors may well come together and we may be glad to have him. It's a new era now and perhaps he should be given the opportunity to shine rather than encouraged to sink with a few thousand hecklers on his back.

I’ve got to say I think this is really poor form from Ron Martin. On the one hand he’s honoured an agreement with another chairman which is commendable, even if it is for Colchester. But to publicly come out and basically say they want rid of Theo to whoever will take him and say with other strikers joining he won’t play, is for for me a bit harsh.

I’m not saying that any of what he said isn’t true, we all know that’s very likely the situation. However I’d have preferred it if he’d said something like “Theo’s loan move broke down which is unfortunate coz he was keen to go out and get some games. But as he’s staying he’s gonna knuckle down and try and work his way into the side.”

I just think having your chairman come out in the local paper saying you’re **** is very poor form and the kind of thing Phil Brown was slated for on here.

I’ve got to say I think this is really poor form from Ron Martin. On the one hand he’s honoured an agreement with another chairman which is commendable, even if it is for Colchester. But to publicly come out and basically say they want rid of Theo to whoever will take him and say with other strikers joining he won’t play, is for for me a bit harsh.

I’m not saying that any of what he said isn’t true, we all know that’s very likely the situation. However I’d have preferred it if he’d said something like “Theo’s loan move broke down which is unfortunate coz he was keen to go out and get some games. But as he’s staying he’s gonna knuckle down and try and work his way into the side.”

I just think having your chairman come out in the local paper saying you’re **** is very poor form and the kind of thing Phil Brown was slated for on here.

I doubt it will bother him. I am sure his confidence is sky high after all the encouraging words he gets from the fans every time he steps onto the pitch.

Can't see where Ron said that. He as only said what Theo and the rest of know. He will slide further down the order

Obviously Lincoln assumed he was coming their way and played it a bit to cool.

Knowing what we apparently "know" about Anton's wages, I wouldn't be surprised if Theo is also on a relatively low wage with add ons, which gives him the security that he needs at this time.

May be settled in his house, family life may be happy - who knows?

Why should he leave just because we don't want him anymore?

I don't blame him at all and personally would only move under my terms not my employers with whom I have a valid contract

Unless your employer leaves you to rot making your career after the contract expires a lot more uncertain...

Sadly the draw of the Essex Riviera and playing for the Thames Estuary Glacticos is going to work against us occasionally

You must have read a different article to me. I can't see any hint of what you're saying. All very sensible as far as I can see. However, I guess we all interpret words differently, depending on different factors and beliefs.

Our fans are glad he didn't come to us, we don't really rate him as any better than what we have and his goalscoring record is terrible! I don't really know why Robbie Cowling was interested, maybe it was the experience he was after as we do have a young squad.

You must have read a different article to me. I can't see any hint of what you're saying. All very sensible as far as I can see. However, I guess we all interpret words differently, depending on different factors and beliefs.

Yes, read it myself and RM just says it's frustrating all round. Theo wanted to go to Lincoln, Col U offered more.

Unless your employer leaves you to rot making your career after the contract expires a lot more uncertain...
True - but with his contract at least he has certainty for a few years - prior to that he was on a week to week contract at Lincoln with zero security.

Now if someone comes in and wants him full time on similar terms to what he is on now then he should probably leave - other than that, i am hoping that with a clean slate and new coaching/new management that he may prove his worth to us.

Wasn't the reason we extended Theo's contract because he was thick as thieves with Ranger and we wanted to keep NR as happy as possible? Ironic if so after recent events....

That has a ring of truth about it.

There are a number of people arguing that Theo rejecting a move is no bad thing.
I am amazed.
OK I have not seen him play this season..but have seen him play previously. He performed to a level where he would be included in my all-time worst Southend United 11. Absolutely atrocious.
A complete and utter waste of resources and squad place.
Nice guy. Enthusiastic. Hard worker.
A professional footballer? Not in a million years.

There are a number of people arguing that Theo rejecting a move is no bad thing.
I am amazed.
OK I have not seen him play this season..but have seen him play previously. He performed to a level where he would be included in my all-time worst Southend United 11. Absolutely atrocious.
A complete and utter waste of resources and squad place.
Nice guy. Enthusiastic. Hard worker.
A professional footballer? Not in a million years.

Slightly over the top. He won't make anyone's best 11 but no one was complaining when he came on at home to Oldham after Lenny had got sent off and changed the game.....Not often you can be MOM from the bench.

Slightly over the top. He won't make anyone's best 11 but no one was complaining when he came on at home to Oldham after Lenny had got sent off and changed the game.....Not often you can be MOM from the bench.

Agreed but IIRC Ranger actually staggered off with the bottle of bubbly:runner:

Not over the top. Every single time I have seen Theo play i have been amazed he is a pro..or selected. I then read consistently how awful Theo is this season. Yet some people ignore his consistent woeful appearances and hark back to "one day long ago". The fact is...Theo is awful 8 times out of 10.

Back