• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

London Blue points out the loan window closes tomorrow. Excerpts from the Philmeister state "its when the catalogue of injuries during the season mounts you have to ask a certain question to the Chairman....can we move on the transfer window? ...and I think the answer will be yes" . Hello ...Ron? You in? pick up! We are third ! have you paid the £4.50 we owe the milkman or what? Ron . speak to me, dont go. H..E..L..P ( for injuries read suspensions and injuries )

Out of interest, what do people think the effect on morale and team spirit would be if we went and signed a couple more players on loan to compete for places against the players who have helped us win 5 games in a row?

Considering we only have a small squad we have used 24 players and it is interesting that there are five clubs (including the two teams above us) that have used less players than us:

Oxford and Morecambe 21
Chesterfield and Hartlepool 22
AFC Wimbledon 23

Mansfield and Bury have used the most - 30.

Make the most of the current form lads, because it could all end if Ron forgets to pay the wages again.

Out of interest, what do people think the effect on morale and team spirit would be if we went and signed a couple more players on loan to compete for places against the players who have helped us win 5 games in a row?

Depends on the position and the player I guess.

Think the players couldnt complain about wanting to bring another wide player and striker in. Yes it would have a negative effect on Reid, but its not going to bother the likes of Corr and Hurst who would be comfortable in retaining their places.

Make the most of the current form lads, because it could all end if Ron forgets to pay the wages again.

Ron will not FORGET to pay the wages. Ron may have insufficient funds to pay the wages, which isn't his fault. Ron must want us up a league more than ANYONE, as it will reduce the financial pressure. That's why, with due respect, posts like this are nonsense and show a complete lack of understanding regarding our current financial situation.

I think the small squad is helping team bonding, dont mess with it:smiles:

Ron will not FORGET to pay the wages. Ron may have insufficient funds to pay the wages, which isn't his fault. Ron must want us up a league more than ANYONE, as it will reduce the financial pressure. That's why, with due respect, posts like this are nonsense and show a complete lack of understanding regarding our current financial situation.

It may interest you to know that I spent most of my working life dealing with fiancial buggets and I understand sufcs financial situation only to well, been there and done that many times.

Ron gave Luggy money and some he used wisely and some he didnt. I personally think Ron has learnt his lesson; however his reticence to give out the money has worked well in that Browny has been forced to develop those at the club. Who could really have foreseen the changes in Straker, Leonard and Prosser this season? I wouldnt tinker too much with this unless we really do get stuck.

Also if you think about it most of our goals are coming from our midfield, Corr and Woodrow it seems to me , must be acting as a foil for them,but yes i will be most happy when Freddy is fit and ready to go again.I believe Reid given the opportunity can also do the job for us . He cannot be that bad if he scored 14 goals last season for a side that struggled badly in league2.

May i also add that White as shown he can do a job as a fill in CB and Leonard is a more than capable fill in for White at RB if so needed.We may have a small squad which can be an asset when it comes to harmony in the changeroom etc, but we do have a very versatile squad which i think is great, so if injuries and suspensions do at sometime hit us, they can be covered without too much discord to our playing style and confidence.

Rons a businessman (allegedly) and would have to pay a substantial amount of dough to get us out of the embargo. What, as a businessman, is this going to achieve? Do we need anyone? No, if the team gets crippled and we write a tear inducing letter to the FA, can we sign someone? yes.

What motivation can Ron have to clear the embargo when we're a couple of points from the top and we save money by being under embargo?

i just can't see the point. Ron is playing the system without any complaint from the league and I applaud him on that.

As I have said in an earlier post, I think being under an embargo is good for the team. If we were not under and embargo would have Brown gone and got new players in when we had got a few injuries. As others have stated, he has had to use the younger players when we have the injuries. Payne has benefited and I'm sure a few of the other younger players will by the end of the season.

I think we're still being kept under embargo, hopefully because work is going to start on Fossetts Farm soon :dim:

If we do manage to get up this season we would need to be out of embargo to compete in league 1.

Anyone know how long you can go without filing accounts at Companies House, before the tax man gets the hump?

Obviously being almost 8 months overdue, we will of racked up some substantial fines already. But can the Tax Man come down on us harder?

i think this embargo is working to our favour. Too many players means the sides gets tinkered with too often with chop and changes and players getting ****ed off being dropped etc. Stick to the same group of small players is the way to go

He certainly will have prioritised payments, one of them being paying players on time, how would you feel if he changed his priorities and players suddenly werent getting paid, or even "just" club staff, or the tax man just so the other debts could be cleared ? Im sure he is paying the people who need paying so if he deems them to be more pressing for payment then that would worry me if he shifted his priorities.

As Beefy says the accounts havent even been filed, which will be one of the multiple causes.

You're missing my point. We have just made an un-budgeted £18,000 from the FA Cup. That should be used for out of the ordinary payments, if possible.

Please read this a bit more carefully. I said he should do his utmost. I didn't say he should drop everything in favour. I just think now is the time make more of an effort, and give Phil Brown a bit more to work with.

Ron gave Luggy money and some he used wisely and some he didnt. I personally think Ron has learnt his lesson; however his reticence to give out the money has worked well in that Browny has been forced to develop those at the club. Who could really have foreseen the changes in Straker, Leonard and Prosser this season? I wouldnt tinker too much with this unless we really do get stuck.

Ron reduced Luggy's budget each season.

Back