• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southendsleeper

Manager
Good grief - is the man of the match award sponsored by specsavers?
wow.gif
Without coming over all Wiggy, how Daryl didnt get it I'll never know. He's the reason why theres a 0 in Southend 2 Rotherham 0. An outstanding performance, how he saved that pointblank shot...

Rotherham were dirty. I was going to praise the ref as he let a lot go, but unfortunately it got out of hand near the end. Point in question, Guttridge and a Rotherham player are called together to be told to pack it in, a minute later the same player scythes Gutts down right in front of the referee. Maher seemed to be targeted, brought down in front of the Rotherham box he was then surrounded by 4 Rotherham players having a go at him. Telling the bloke who fouled him to **** off most emphatically, Maher was later kicked sneakily by another Rotherham player when the action was on the other side of the pitch. A dirty team indeed, with a hilarious ginger ballerina who fell to the ground with the slightest of touches.

Im also tempted to bump the Goater is Tilly's worst buy thread, 2 goals in 2 games isnt bad going, and he assisted Freddy in his goal. Not bad at all. Freddy had some confidence issues at first, his first touch was poor at the beginning and he kept giving the ball away. Cue 'Da da da da' from the West Stand, and when he went to score the goal you could pretty much feel the fans willing him on.

Bentley spooned it from pretty much a couple of yards, but 2-0 up you cant complain, and the biggest laugh came from the ref diving to the ground trying to avoid a Southend cross field pass.

Bradbury looks committed in the short time he was on, and Sodje had still exudes confidence, saying that we missed Barrett and who was that bloke surging up field at one point? It looked suspiciously like Spinner to me.

Back to the top of the table.

There were ticket problems at the west stand as well, minutes before kick off there were huge queues at the west stand ticket office. Perhaps more a sign of our continued success

As a last point praise to the few blokes at the back of the West Stand who kept trying to get chants started, they were very determind without success

[b said:
Quote[/b] (silentshrimper @ Feb. 10 2006,22:20)]beats my match report ;p
Flahaven made some outstanding saves indeed.
No not at all
biggrin.gif

We agreed on some things, Bradbury looked sharp, putting the Rotherham keeper and defence under pressure, and getting on the end of the cross from Freddy.

Daryl was a different class tonight though

And I forgot about the score chanting as you mentioned -
'Maher Maher whats the score?' *HUGE CHEER*

from the sounds of it we played really well first half, second not as good but still a convinicing win!

THATS WHY WE'RE TOP THE LEAGUE!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Feb. 10 2006,22:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ Feb. 10 2006,22:21)]Good report. Were you in the S block in the West??
Erm yes...
Cool beans. Same here, in Row M!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ Feb. 10 2006,22:30)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ Feb. 10 2006,22:21)]Good report. Were you in the S block in the West??
Erm yes...
Blimey, you were well near then.

They were giving it some from the backrows but noone seemed to join in

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Southendsleeper @ Feb. 10 2006,22:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Casual Shrimper @ Feb. 10 2006,22:30)]
[b said:
[b said:
Erm yes...
Blimey, you were well near then.

They were giving it some from the backrows but noone seemed to join in
That block is the Pits. No noise, nowt!

'Stand up if you love Southend' does get a tad tedious after the fifth time in as many minutes and singing 'In your northern slums' just doesn't float my boat. Quite enjoyed 'w%&kers!! whats the score' made me titter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sebastian Weetabix @ Feb. 10 2006,23:10)]'Stand up if you love Southend' does get a tad tedious after the fifth time in as many minutes and singing 'In your northern slums' just doesn't float my boat. Quite enjoyed 'w%&kers!! whats the score' made me titter.
'Easy,easy,easy'...after the first goal
glare.gif

There was a smattering of chanting in the north end of the west but nothing ever really caught on - with so few Rotherham fans the atmosphere was a bit flat again....

Back