• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

We got good money for Leonard. Was a key player for us in PBs regimented set up but unlike some others was surely never going to make the step up? I think Sheff U have done well to get their money back. A lower league battler for me - and a very good one.

I wonder if he'll end up back at right-back in the Championship. It may take an injury or two for the opportunity to rise, but if he gets games there it'll be hard to take the shirt back off him.

Presumably it’s a loan until January with the permanent deal to go through then?

If you can just send someone on loan with the understanding of making it permanent in January it kind of makes the transfer window shutting early a bit pointless doesn't it?

I hate having to like anything about Millwall, but I am delighted Lenny has now found a home where people have a bit of an idea about how to play him. Wilder had no bloody idea.

Another example of football gone mad... a player pursued by another club, finally getting him then selling him on for a 500k profit, when he has hardly played. Lower league teams getting mugged off time again and again.

Wilder had no bloody idea.

From what games did you come to that verdict? I saw a a couple of games where he got time in their midfield and just looked all out of sorts. Nothing to do with where he was playing. *To note i really rated Lenny for us.

From what games did you come to that verdict? I saw a a couple of games where he got time in their midfield and just looked all out of sorts. Nothing to do with where he was playing. *To note i really rated Lenny for us.
Whenever Sheffield were on the box I'd look in and Wilder just never played him where he is best suited.

Millwall play a simple 4-4-2 as we did when Lenny played. This will suit him down to the ground. They play a physical pressing game just as Brown did so he should really flourish there. Sheffield's formation and style just wasn't a right fit, it doesn't mean he's now rubbish and was wrong for leaving.

I'll never understand supporters who get bitter about former players that had put in unbelievable amounts of work for our team, to then almost revel in their supposed downfall.

He is now at a club that play football that will suit his game. I'm happy for him, he was a true servant for our club and will always be held in high esteem by most that understand the game.

I would not say that, he has just made Sheffield United around £500,000.00 profit (less our 10% sell on) in just under 8 months.

A manager shouldn't be about finance though, he should be about improving his team. Wilder was like a kid collecting Panini cards.

I firmly believe he can make it in the Championship, hopefully it works out for him at Millwall. He was my favourite player for last 3-4 years probably...good luck Lenny.

Whenever Sheffield were on the box I'd look in and Wilder just never played him where he is best suited.

Fair enough. I thought it looked like he hadn't coped with the change mentally. Struggling to control the ball and make simple passes irrelevant of his position.

[/QUOTE] Struggling to control the ball and make simple passes irrelevant of his position.[/QUOTE]

Really? Surely nobody would buy him then.

if as stated he will join Millwall for a large fee Do we have a sell on added to what ever the fee is .

if as stated he will join Millwall for a large fee Do we have a sell on added to what ever the fee is .
Chris Phillips tweeted that he thought we had a 10% sell-on built into the contract. I don't know whether that is on the full price Millwall will pay or the difference between the original amount Sheffield coughed up and the new fee. Anyone know?

Been having a chat with a few Sheffield supporters on Twitter, I can't believe they aren't questioning Wilder at all in his judgement and seem to have blind faith in him. I get that he's turned a very decent profit on Lenny, but you really would have thought when the guy chased him as long as he did that he'd have intended to play him and not just pay all that money to use him as "cover".

Been having a chat with a few Sheffield supporters on Twitter, I can't believe they aren't questioning Wilder at all in his judgement and seem to have blind faith in him. I get that he's turned a very decent profit on Lenny, but you really would have thought when the guy chased him as long as he did that he'd have intended to play him and not just pay all that money to use him as "cover".
Hasn’t paid “all that money” though. They’ve made a profit for a player that clearly never settled or earned a place in their team...wouldn’t moan as a fan at that.

He rejected Millwall's initial offer which would have recouped the money they spent on him so he clearly wasn't just trying to get rid at any price, he's been playing this season so if Millwall hadn't come back with a better offer I think Wilder would have kept him in his plans (even if just as a sub).

Every player has a price at which point it's more worthwhile to take the money, £1.25m for a rotation player is a good deal for Sheffield United, it doesn't mean they didn't want to keep him but it wouldn't make sense to turn that down.

Not sure Sheffield FC fans would have much of an idea about the goings on at Sheffield United.

Back