• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mourinho was desperate for the United job, but his actions at Madrid - of which you really need to read this account - meant there were severe and warranted reservations about entrusting him with such a role. Moyes was never the right appointment for a club of that stature, but there's nothing to suggest Mourinho was the right one either.

Hang on.....nothing to suggest maureen was right for Man utd.....apart from winning the league in portugal, spain, italy and england, the champions league with porto and Milan as well as all the cups etc along the way...nothing to suggest he could handle the stature???? there was only one candidate to take over from fergie and he ended up back at chelsea.

Hang on.....nothing to suggest maureen was right for Man utd.....apart from winning the league in portugal, spain, italy and england, the champions league with porto and Milan as well as all the cups etc along the way...nothing to suggest he could handle the stature???? there was only one candidate to take over from fergie and he ended up back at chelsea.

I don't think there is any suggestion that Mourinho couldn't bring success to Manchester United. He is a brilliantly successful manager.

It's more that the way he goes about his business doesn't necessarily fit in well with how Manchester United perceive themselves. They like to think of themselves as a classy outfit, but that is something Mourinho lacks. His whining about referees is getting beyond a joke now.

Roy Hodgson will be looking for a job come July.

I'd be surprised. I'm not for a second suggesting we're going to win the World Cup but as long as we avoid total humiliation - i.e. three defeats - then I reckon the FA will stick with Roy for another couple of years. By which time Phil Brown will be celebrating three successive promotions with Southend and be in pole position to take over.

Ok, that last bit was a bit wibble but I stand by the rest of it!

Sounds to me like Moyes should be next England manager. Isnt failing at a big club the pre-requisite for the job now?

I don't think there is any suggestion that Mourinho couldn't bring success to Manchester United. He is a brilliantly successful manager.

It's more that the way he goes about his business doesn't necessarily fit in well with how Manchester United perceive themselves. They like to think of themselves as a classy outfit, but that is something Mourinho lacks. His whining about referees is getting beyond a joke now.

They are 2 of the worst losers I've ever seen so Mourinho would have been perfect.

I feel sorry for Hodgson. Given the job at hand - to oversee the rocky transition from an era of failed golden boys and media darlings to those youngsters given the unenviable task of quenching the country's thirst for glory - he was the best candidate for the job. Unfortunately the cult of 'Arry Redknapp means that no matter what he achieves, he'll be retrospectively compared to an alternative future where we entrusted the future of the national team to a man who has conspicuous offshore bank accounts in the name of his pet dog. The man who succeeds Hodgson will reap the fruits of Roy's labours.

I feel sorry for Hodgson. Given the job at hand - to oversee the rocky transition from an era of failed golden boys and media darlings to those youngsters given the unenviable task of quenching the country's thirst for glory - he was the best candidate for the job. Unfortunately the cult of 'Arry Redknapp means that no matter what he achieves, he'll be retrospectively compared to an alternative future where we entrusted the future of the national team to a man who has conspicuous offshore bank accounts in the name of his pet dog. The man who succeeds Hodgson will reap the fruits of Roy's labours.

Agree 100 per cent. Imo roy is doing a decent job. Also some of the youngsters coming through are quite exciting...lalana...sterling....sturridge....shaw....Henderson. hope roy gives them that world cup experience.

I think Lalana,Shaw,Sterling ,Sturridge.Hendersons real time will come at the next euros.They will all have plenty of experience by that time,probably add rodriguez from Southampton into that too.Be a whole new look England team by that time .

Back