• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Salisbury City v Southend United

Doesn't he always

As did Leon Clark throughout his time here on loan, didn't do him any harm. Wayne Gray was another who could sometimes look lazy but turn it on when necessary. I really don't think Paterson should be criticised for being of a similar type to these two.

Not quite, im always more than fair an id love to be proven wrong so there :p but i have doubt in him unfortunately that's more than fair, i wont stand up in the west an rip the poor lad like i know some do an will !

As did Leon Clark throughout his time here on loan, didn't do him any harm. Wayne Gray was another who could sometimes look lazy but turn it on when necessary. I really don't think Paterson should be criticised for being of a similar type to these two.

Freddy was lazy aswell but came to life when he got the ball.

Most players looked unfit, thats what pre season is all about. Paterson is a prospect, give the lad a chance. I think too many people expect him to be exactly like freddy. He's not that type of player, he's got a good touch and with a bit of encouragement can be a great player for southend. I honestly think he wont get the chance Due to the boo boys and will be offloaded and prove all u wrong just like Paynter and Hooper

I'm not doubting his ability, he just looked totally ****ed on Monday night.

Remember how totally knackered Damian Scannell looked after half an hour playing at Orient away last season? It's only a fitness thing and I'm not unduly concerned if he was puffing a bit or suffered a bit of cramp in only their 2nd game of preseason.

Most players looked unfit, thats what pre season is all about. Paterson is a prospect, give the lad a chance. I think too many people expect him to be exactly like freddy. He's not that type of player, he's got a good touch and with a bit of encouragement can be a great player for southend. I honestly think he wont get the chance Due to the boo boys and will be offloaded and prove all u wrong just like Paynter and Hooper

I'd hoped Paterson would have been bulking up in the gym over the summer. I'm not sure whether it was a fitness issue last season, but he looked lightweight. It is therefore a legitimate concern to hear that he was struggling.

FWIW I thought there was a touch of the Barry Conlons about his performance at Dartford. Conlon had a decent career, unfortunately it was not with us.

Starting XI

Morris

Clohessy, Coughlan, Phillips, Herd

Soares, Grant, Easton, Hall

Corr, Spencer

We also have a trialist by the name of Lee Smith who wears 18!! (No it's not me!)

I'm assuming it's the one that was at Histon last year, although I could be wrong of course!

Probaly Lee Smith from Gloucester city. Well experienced in non-league. Maybe could make the jump.
Starting XI

Morris

Clohessy, Coughlan, Phillips, Herd

Soares, Grant, Easton, Hall

Corr, Spencer

We also have a trialist by the name of Lee Smith who wears 18!! (No it's not me!)

More likely to be the one who recently left Gloucester at the end of his contract because "highr league sides" were after him. The one at Histon is a striker who score 4 in 25 in the BSP. Not only does he not sound good, but we don't need another striker. The Lee Smith from Gloucester can play all the way down the right-hand side of the pitch, so he seems more likely.

The Gloucester one signed for Forest Green last month.

The Histon one generally played as a right winger for his former club Bury Town and is only 22.

Looking around the net, the Histon one was described as one of their best performers last season on the right flank. He sounds like a player with potential anyway.

But who knows, it might be someone completely different!

Surely we must have more trialists than just this guy and Phillips?

Back