• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Tickets

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
Hooray! Received my swipe card this morning which comes with a brochure explaining how to use it, although it has to be said after reading this I'm none the wiser of what I actually have to do with the card once I reach the turnstiles as the brochure states you don't need to move or swpe the card as there is no barcode or strip on the card, a diagram wouldn't have gone a
miss here.

Other things to note - If you lose the card/have it stolen then there is a £25 replacement fee. If you forget your card then you can be issued with a paper ticket at the ticket office for a charge of £5. So that the club don't have to send out new cards every season if you renew, they thope that these cards will have a 5 year lifespan.

Those charges are a bit steep though! Still to recieve my card, though.

Bloody Brentwood post again, probably!
wink.gif
tounge.gif

It is most likely activated by a smart chip buried inside the card - in which case all you need to do is hold it close to the reader to activate it (within the magnetic field of the reader). Reading have the same system at the Madejski and Man City at the CoM Stadium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 19 2005,10:48)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Oct. 19 2005,10:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 19 2005,10:41)]but surely we'll be moving to FF in the next five years

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
They can always take the turnstiles with them.
Along with the club shop
I heard we were opening a new club shop at Upton Park

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Oct. 19 2005,10:05)]Other things to note - If you lose the card/have it stolen then there is a £25 replacement fee. If you forget your card then you can be issued with a paper ticket at the ticket office for a charge of £5. So that the club don't have to send out new cards every season if you renew, they thope that these cards will have a 5 year lifespan.
I was all in favour for these new season cards, however now before even reading my letter and looking at my card I remain undecided.

£25 for a replacement card if yours is stolen through no fault of your own is just plain disgusting. If you have a crime reference number then there is no way you should have to pay a charge. If you lose it then fair enough, it's your own fault so any charge you should expect.

Also an additional £5 when you forget your card is also is my eyes just another rip-off ‘tax’. You've already paid to watch the games for the season, why the hell should you have to pay another charge. Bit of friendly helpful customer service wouldn’t go amiss here.

And just a minor point - I think the club are somewhat hopeful if they think the cards are to last five years. A credit/debit card would not last five years even if not used in a wallet, so I cannot see how the season card will.

This is something that the club should be commended on showing initiative for and to be one of the first clubs to try out the idea. However, it’s somewhat left me disappointed that the club have added a sour taste to it all by adding ‘taxes’ to something I already pay for.

Moan over.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 19 2005,10:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Oct. 19 2005,10:05)]Other things to note - If you lose the card/have it stolen then there is a £25 replacement fee. If you forget your card then you can be issued with a paper ticket at the ticket office for a charge of £5. So that the club don't have to send out new cards every season if you renew, they thope that these cards will have a 5 year lifespan.
I was all in favour for these new season cards, however now before even reading my letter and looking at my card I remain undecided.  

£25 for a replacement card if yours is stolen through no fault of your own is just plain disgusting.  If you have a crime reference number then there is no way you should have to pay a charge.  If you lose it then fair enough, it's your own fault so any charge you should expect.

Also an additional £5 when you forget your card is also is my eyes just another rip-off ‘tax’.  You've already paid to watch the games for the season, why the hell should you have to pay another charge.  Bit of friendly helpful customer service wouldn’t go amiss here.

And just a minor point - I think the club are somewhat hopeful if they think the cards are to last five years.  A credit/debit card would not last five years even if not used in a wallet, so I cannot see how the season card will.

This is something that the club should be commended on showing initiative for and to be one of the first clubs to try out the idea.  However, it’s somewhat left me disappointed that the club have added a sour taste to it all by adding ‘taxes’ to something I already pay for.

Moan over.
I am generally in favour of this, and largely the "fines" are right as well.

If you are unlucky enough to have the card stolen then you should be able to renew the card for a nominal fee. If you lose it then tough.

I cannot think that anyone would be daft enough to turn up on match day without your ticket, whether it be in the old book or swipe card. If anyone is dopey enough to do that then a fiver is the least they can pay.

The fiver is the main one I have issue with, as it's just profiteering - it must only cost them 50p or so to produce a paper one. Some people can be forgetful, you know!

Charging 25 quid for a stolen card is ridiculous

There were none floating about at Shoebury but then i did hear that something broke down in Southend and couldn't get it all the mail down to us so they should come tomorrow.

Just after 11.30. Bout hour 'n half coming back which aint bad with 4 lumps in my s%&tter. Started p%&sing down 5 mins before we got onto the A127 as well so that didn't help matter's neither.

Least Shrek weren't p%&sed though ...

biggrin.gif

Any other questions!?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Oct. 19 2005,11:25)]yeah, one other question - why didn't you introduce us to you-know-who?
wink.gif
Yeh good point about Dangle.

biggrin.gif

'cos she ran away before i had the chance ...

oops.gif
tounge.gif

Back