• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Tickets

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ Oct. 19 2005,17:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 19 2005,10:07)]Those charges are a bit steep though! Still to recieve my card, though.

Bloody Brentwood post again, probably!
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Obviously living in the wrong part of Brentwood, got mine this morning.
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
got mine and i live in the same part of brentwood as whatever

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Oct. 19 2005,22:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Oct. 19 2005,10:05)]I'm none the wiser of what I actually have to do with the card once I reach the turnstiles as the brochure states you don't need to move or swpe the card as there is no barcode or strip on the card, a diagram wouldn't have gone a
miss here.
Try reading the answer to the 3rd question on page 4 of the brochure that came with your ticket.
I guess the issue here was that a diagram would stand out more, who is to say all our season ticket holders are literate, if they can provide pictoral examples for the paper tickets why not the season tickets. After reading the leaflet , although not studying it completely I was amused to find that nothing regarding how to use the new cards stood out. As I do not have the leaflet at the moment I will just have to trust you post.

However the name of the cards give it away - proximity. We have these at work you just have to hold the card upto the sensor and it should then acknowledge the card. Not really a swipe card but a place card. As swiping does not work with these babies. They need to place motionless for a second or two.

Oh for the record, I am in Shoebury and mine turned up yesterday.

Nice try Shags - the card as you well know is not just a piece of plastic.

Also if the club feels that this is a very secure non fraudulent system then they will need to think again.

See here!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 20 2005,10:53)]All arrived now. I'd worry if you aint got them by today.
I'd start worrying on Saturday morning
tounge.gif

Got mine yesterday, I was at Uni when it arrived.... the question is, will it actually work on Saturday?!?
tounge.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 20 2005,09:42)]Nice try Shags - the card as you well know is not just a piece of plastic.

Also if the club feels that this is a very secure non fraudulent system then they will need to think again.

See here!
Just to re-assure you that at least someone read that and didn't get put off by the title.

Pretty worrying indeed but if someone did that to get in to a Southend game, I would probably be happy to let it pass!

laugh.gif

I also think they may come unstuck if the club have sold the seat to a legitimate buyer and they are challenged.

Even so, interesting article. God knows where you found it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 20 2005,18:21)]Even so, interesting article. God knows where you found it.
Sadly, it is part of my job, I am part of a Network Security team and we regularly keep upto date with hacks and such like. And the latest thing in the fight against cyber terrorism is the security of the data centres.

Nothing as of yesterday and the posty hadn't been by the time I left this morning. I now look forward to a lovely argument with the ticket office later this afternoon!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Oct. 21 2005,00:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 20 2005,18:21)]Even so, interesting article.  God knows where you found it.
Sadly, it is part of my job, I am part of a Network Security team ..............
.............of cyber geeks who still live at home and haven't seen daylight in years or had a girlfriend

tounge.gif
wink.gif

Thought I'd chase up the ticket office about the missing 2 tickets. So far I've been 2nd in the queue and on hold for 20 minutes!!

Back