• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Tickets

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 19 2005,10:07)]Those charges are a bit steep though! Still to recieve my card, though.

Bloody Brentwood post again, probably!
wink.gif
tounge.gif
Obviously living in the wrong part of Brentwood, got mine this morning.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 19 2005,12:08)]The bottom line is - If any card is stolen and you have a crime reference number to prove it then you should have to pay zero.  I think you've suffered enough without SUFC taking you for a ride too.
Agreed. Although if you have a reference number, and the club do insist on charging for the replacement, then you should be able to claim on insurance. Of course that depends on the circumstances of the theft.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Oct. 19 2005,15:49)]Got mine today. I'm in Shoebury, did someone say none went to Shoebury.
rock.gif

Whilst I think £25 is a bit steep if it's stolen I think this sentance makes a more frightning read.
"Non season ticket holders will be issued a traditional paper ticket for home fixtures. However, there will be a bar-code situated on the ticket. The barcode will gain you access to the stadium. Therefore it is important that your ticket is kept in good condition. We will not replace any tickets that are not intact, you will have to pay for a replacement ticket. "

ghostface.gif
Cripes. Dont forget seaso's that cup games will be via a normal ticket.
Odd. I saw none about and i didn't get mine. Count yourself lucky!

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 19 2005,13:08)][
Why was he carrying them?  I'll be keeping mine in my wallet with it never coming out apart from when I get to the turnstile's on a Saturday afternoon.  I think most people will be keeping them on them at all times, I think thats part of the idea too.

Your contridicting yourself or just did not understand my post.
Then you will not forget it on a matchday ........

It costs to replace a lost Driving licence, Passport, Inurance certificate, stereo.

No one complained about the old (Similar) charges for the book style tickets (refunds were limited but the full ticket price was paid up front)

Does just smack of club bashing to me...

Wife got hers I didn't get mine.
rock.gif

Living in Chalkwell. Never buy season tickets.

All this talk is hurting my head (and bear in mind I've read some utter rubbish here before without head pain). I'm so glad I'll be moving away soon so I won't have to go down to Roots Hall and compete with this terrible system!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

sad.gif

Oh what sad times are these for season ticket book lovers. How I thrilled at receiving my booklet stuffed full of vouchers which I would lovingly tear off for the gateman before each match and who no doubt has been cast aside by the heartless technocrats at the club.

I now have what, a slip of plastic to go along with my other slips of plastic convienently placed in my bulging wallet. Bring back the season ticket book before its too late, halt the march of progress before we all become just a slip of plastic.

Oh and sack Scriven for he must have been the evil architect of such tomfoolery.
Other than that see you saturday.

Good point GBAR.

A paper ticket provides a souvenir, a reminder that you were actually at the game. Looking back at the instantly forgettable Alan Little era, I have no way of knowing what games I went to, other than those for which I have ticket stubs. Say what you like about Alvin as a manager, at least the games under his mismanagement were memorable.

ps I was intrigued to read that the reason the club were so keen to get this new system was that it will "provide the Club with better and more timely information regarding attendances."

What are the club suggesting?

Right, moan time for me.

A swipe card has arrived at my house today, and the letter 'A' is part of the problem. We should have 2, but we only have 1. That's the start of the problem. Mainly though, we've been having troubles ever since the first batch of paper tickets arrived. For some reason both my Dad's tickets and my tickets had my name on them. Thinking that he didn't really want my name on his swipe card just incase it caused some trouble later on he phoned the ticket office. No problem they said. When they hadn't sorted it, he phoned them again. Once again he was told that it'll be sorted out. The next batch of paper tickets arrived and surprise surprise it wasn't sorted. So after having no luck over the phone he went into the ticket office before a home game recently. The girl took all the details needed and said that we'll deal with it. Only thing is she completely messed it up and swapped the seats over. My Dad's ticket is a concession where as mine is an adult and they've put his details to my seat and my details to his seat. After another phone call and another "we'll deal with it" fob off, they've managed to feck it up again, with a single swipe card coming through today once again completely wrong. Are they deaf or just very stupid when it comes to a simple instruction? We'll see what another phone call will do tomorrow I suppose. Thing is though, we're probably facing the argument of being probed as to whether we've lost one of the cards when we haven't even received the bloody thing in the first place!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 19 2005,18:09)]Thing is though, we're probably facing the argument of being probed as to whether we've lost one of the cards when we haven't even received the bloody thing in the first place!
The FBI are on their way.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Oct. 19 2005,19:09)]Right, moan time for me.
Can you let me know when it's paragraph time so that I can read your moan?

EDIT: Guess that comment should have had a smiley on.
upside.gif
seems like my choice of the moment.

Not a bean for me when I got home today and I live in central Southend (not that location, surname or anything seems to matter from the general gist of this thread!!).

I can see this being very interesting come saturday, but I'm not sure I want the grief that all this is likely to cause. They managed to lose my details in the handover between the old and new systems in the last sending out of tickets, so I'm doubting seriously if they've even bothered to send anything out for me, despite assurances that everything would be in order now.

I wonder if the club will let me charge them for this inconvenience? Only seems reasonable given the ludicrous charges they want to employ on us for these cards!!

So far Ive got the first lot of tickets and thats it

I sincerely hope that I dont have another trip to the ticket office the day before a big match

cards arrived in Suffolk today by tractor.

can't wait for the confusion on Saturday - take your Tesco Club Card, I'm sure it will work just as well.

have just dug out an old season ticket book from 1978/79 - thinking of taking that as back up (unless any e-bayers on here fancy bidding for this wonderful item of SUFC memoralabilia.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Oct. 19 2005,10:05)]I'm none the wiser of what I actually have to do with the card once I reach the turnstiles as the brochure states you don't need to move or swpe the card as there is no barcode or strip on the card, a diagram wouldn't have gone a
miss here.
Try reading the answer to the 3rd question on page 4 of the brochure that came with your ticket.

Back