• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Season Tickets

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Oct. 19 2005,11:00)]I am generally in favour of this, and largely the "fines" are right as well.

If you are unlucky enough to have the card stolen then you should be able to renew the card for a nominal fee. If you lose it then tough.

I cannot think that anyone would be daft enough to turn up on match day without your ticket, whether it be in the old book or swipe card. If anyone is dopey enough to do that then a fiver is the least they can pay.
Why should you have to pay when stolen through no fault of your own?

Imagine one scenario then that could well occur this season:

Family of four.
Dad keeps all four cards in his wallet.
He gets mugged walking back from the station one night after work.
He has to pay £100 to get additional cards as well as maybe suffering trauma and additional monetry loss. (The guys already paid out probably close to a £1,000 for the season already as it is!)

How is that fair compared to maybe the following scenario?

Maybe someone who just put their card down somewhere at home and it has just been 'magically' lost down the sofa should pay the price and I'm definitely not debating that point.

As for your last bit I think it is quite easy to forget once. If your telling me you've never forgot anything in your life then that's not normal. Yes, maybe regular offenders forgetting cards should pay the 'rip-off tax', but not for a one-off.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 19 2005,11:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Oct. 19 2005,11:00)]I am generally in favour of this, and largely the "fines" are right as well.

If you are unlucky enough to have the card stolen then you should be able to renew the card for a nominal fee. If you lose it then tough.

I cannot think that anyone would be daft enough to turn up on match day without your ticket, whether it be in the old book or swipe card. If anyone is dopey enough to do that then a fiver is the least they can pay.
Why should you have to pay when stolen through no fault of your own?

Family of four.
He has to pay £100 to get additional cards as well as maybe suffering trauma and additional monetry loss.  (The guys already paid out probably close to a £1,000 for the season already as it is!)

How is that fair compared to maybe the following scenario?

Maybe someone who just put their card down somewhere at home and it has just been 'magically' lost down the sofa should pay the price and I'm definitely not debating that point.

As for your last bit I think it is quite easy to forget once.  If your telling me you've never forgot anything in your life then that's not normal.  Yes, maybe regular offenders forgetting cards should pay the 'rip-off tax', but not for a one-off.
That is a fair point, and an obvious scenario that could well happen. My thought was that a nominal fee should be made for any card(s) stolen as it obviously costs money for cancellation/renewal etc.

As far as forgetfulness goes, well i am very absent minded at times, but i always know when i am going to a game, and as a consequence never forget my ticket. To me that is the same scenaro as going on holiday abroad and forgetting your passport. It is just beyond my comprehension that someone could do that.

As a matter of interest, what happens currently when a STH or ticket holder turns up without their ticket? I would be grateful if someone would let me know.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Oct. 19 2005,11:52)]To me that is the same scenaro as going on holiday abroad and forgetting your passport.  It is just beyond my comprehension that someone could do that.

As a matter of interest, what happens currently when a STH or ticket holder turns up without their ticket? I would be grateful if someone would let me know.
I've always thought that about the passport and thought you must be plain stupid to forget it.

That was until in January this year when I went on a stag-do to Prague.  Going down the A127 at 6am in the morning I suddenly realise left it at home.  (Although in my defence I did say I didn't want the stag weekend to start early on the Thursday night so was rather tired and hungover!! Just glad remembered so early on in the journey!)

I also know the answer to the forgetting a season ticket too.  You have to purchase another ticket and then send it back to the club to get a refund, which in my opinion is a fair system.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 19 2005,12:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Oct. 19 2005,11:52)]To me that is the same scenaro as going on holiday abroad and forgetting your passport.  It is just beyond my comprehension that someone could do that.

I've always thought that about the passport and thought you must be plain stupid to forget it.

That was until in January this year when I went on a stag-do to Prague.  Going down the A127 at 6am in the morning I suddenly realise left it at home.  (Although in my defence I did say I didn't want the stag weekend to start early on the Thursday night so was rather tired and hungover!!  Just glad remembered so early on in the journey!)

I also know the answer to the forgetting a season ticket too.  You have to purchase another ticket and then send it back to the club to get a refund, which in my opinion is a fair system.
Miles better than getting to the airport that is for sure. Great city for a stag weekend is Prague, I was there for a bunfight a few years ago, and nearly forgot to come home.

Thanks for the answer on the forgotten ticket, that is probably fairer in the long run, as you lay out further cash and wait a while on the refund.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Whatever @ Oct. 19 2005,11:09)]The fiver is the main one I have issue with, as it's just profiteering - it must only cost them 50p or so to produce a paper one. Some people can be forgetful, you know!

Charging 25 quid for a stolen card is ridiculous
No it's not. It is, however, a good way of making people remember their cards.

Mind you, being charged for a replacement if you've had it stolen is a bit steep. But let's not forget that if it is stolen it will be pretty easy to find the person who did it.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 19 2005,11:37)]Why should you have to pay when stolen through no fault of your own?

Family of four.
He has to pay £100 to get additional cards as well as maybe suffering trauma and additional monetry loss.  (The guys already paid out probably close to a £1,000 for the season already as it is!)
Or better still, what if a UFO came down and abducted me. The aliens also decided that, because SUFC are 2nd in the table they want to watch a match before they make their way back to the other side of the galaxy. So they steal my season ticket and watch the game.

I don't really think I should be charged for a replacement in such circumstances.

Come on guys, we can all come up with scenarios where the system in place is unfair, but all in all the rules are OK, other than being charged for a stolen ticket, but let's at least try and keep them real.

After all my first question would be why the hell was dad carrying his 4 season tickets at night?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 19 2005,12:51)]After all my first question would be why the hell was dad carrying his 4 season tickets at night?
Well, I'd imagine that like a lot of people he will put the season ticket/card in his wallet.

I think the £25 is very steep, after all what does it cost for a bit of plastic. All you've got to do is put the card in a computer and update it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 19 2005,12:51)]Come on guys, we can all come up with scenarios where the system in place is unfair, but all in all the rules are OK, other than being charged for a stolen ticket, but let's at least try and keep them real.

After all my first question would be why the hell was dad carrying his 4 season tickets at night?
Why was he carrying them? I'll be keeping mine in my wallet with it never coming out apart from when I get to the turnstile's on a Saturday afternoon. I think most people will be keeping them on them at all times, I think thats part of the idea too.

Your contridicting yourself or just did not understand my post.

The bottom line is - If any card is stolen and you have a crime reference number to prove it then you should have to pay zero. I think you've suffered enough without SUFC taking you for a ride too.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Oct. 19 2005,13:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Oct. 19 2005,12:51)]After all my first question would be why the hell was dad carrying his 4 season tickets at night?
Well, I'd imagine that like a lot of people he will put the season ticket/card in his wallet.

I think the £25 is very steep, after all what does it cost for a bit of plastic. All you've got to do is put the card in a computer and update it!
You'd then be asking someone (like Scriv) to use a computer though.
tounge.gif

They're still taking lessons on chalk and slate.

suggest you all check your cards. Three cards arrived this morning one perfect one right seat wrong name and one right name wrong seat not only wrong seat wrong stand

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blonde_Fan @ Oct. 19 2005,13:44)]suggest you all check your cards.  Three cards arrived this morning one perfect one right seat wrong name and one right name wrong seat not only wrong seat wrong stand
Saturday afternoon is going to be a bundle of fun then!

Definitely do not think I'll be in the pub till 14:50 for this one....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Oct. 19 2005,13:47)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blonde_Fan @ Oct. 19 2005,13:44)]suggest you all check your cards. Three cards arrived this morning one perfect one right seat wrong name and one right name wrong seat not only wrong seat wrong stand
Saturday afternoon is going to be a bundle of fun then!

Definitely do not think I'll be in the pub till 14:50 for this one....
More like 14.55 ...

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Blonde_Fan @ Oct. 19 2005,13:44)]suggest you all check your cards.  Three cards arrived this morning one perfect one right seat wrong name and one right name wrong seat not only wrong seat wrong stand
Re-arrange the well known phrase or saying.
p%&s up, organise a, in a brewery, couldn't,

[b said:
No problem, they'll replace the incorrect ones for £25 a go.

Got mine today. I'm in Shoebury, did someone say none went to Shoebury.  
rock.gif

Whilst I think £25 is a bit steep if it's stolen I think this sentance makes a more frightning read.
"Non season ticket holders will be issued a traditional paper ticket for home fixtures. However, there will be a bar-code situated on the ticket. The barcode will gain you access to the stadium. Therefore it is important that your ticket is kept in good condition. We will not replace any tickets that are not intact, you will have to pay for a replacement ticket. "

ghostface.gif
 Cripes. Dont forget seaso's that cup games will be via a normal ticket.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Fitter @ Oct. 19 2005,15:49)]
ghostface.gif
Cripes. Dont forget seaso's that cup games will be via a normal ticket.
I would of thought, it being a relatively high-technology system that you could simply take your card to the shop, pay for the ticket and have it credited to your card via computer??

And i live in Rochford, didn't get mine today... Though i don't think i've ever got my tickets when everyone else has in terms of postage...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Oct. 19 2005,15:12)]I would of thought, it being a relatively high-technology system that you could simply take your card to the shop, pay for the ticket and have it credited to your card via computer??
'Fraid not, as you will see when you get your card and guide.

Back