• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Second Misconduct Charge

All I know at the moment is that our High Court appearance has been adjourned.

I assume it's been adjourned because the Judge can't reach a verdict based on what she knows at the moment. That suggests that the Club (Ron) has produced enough evidence to show that funds are still being gathered to clear the debt and that evidence was sufficient to convince the judge to adjourn. I would imagine that HMRC would have screamed blue murder if they didn't believe that their favourite defaulter was still going for it.

I spent my entire working life reaching decisions based on fact and empirical evidence, so with all that over with I'll wait until April before I decide if I need to wear a black armband and burn my season ticket in disgust.

No you didn't. :Winking:

Not quite correct,some players have been paid....

"Some of the under 23s have been paid but the senior staff playing wise and the under 23 staff haven’t been paid," said Campbell, who is also believed to still be waiting for his wages.

On the positive side actions from the Bank of England have given banks an additional £190bn of lending ability. Seperately the Government have announced a bank loan guarantee scheme that banks can access to guarantee 80% of a business loan. So financing could be possible

"Some of the under 23s have been paid but the senior staff playing wise and the under 23 staff haven’t been paid," said Campbell, who is also believed to still be waiting for his wages.

When the players missed their payments back in December, the rumour around the club was that Sol demanded the players still acted with dedication & commitment to the cause, and not to use it as an excuse to sulk.

Commendable words indeed, if it’s true.

———————————————-

In a totally unrelated point, I heard the players didn’t train on Monday.

Nor today.

And they have tomorrow off aswell.

They travel to Rotherham on Friday, so no training there, either.

If true, one might be inclined to believe it was strange preparation for the upcoming game this weekend, no?

When the players missed their payments back in December, the rumour around the club was that Sol demanded the players still acted with dedication & commitment to the cause, and not to use it as an excuse to sulk.

———————————————-

Nor today.

If true, one might be inclined to believe it was strange preparation for the upcoming game this weekend, no?

It was odd to have the pre match interviews done on a Weds, when normally done on a Thursday...

———————————————-

Nor today.

3 possible reasons.
1. As we're down to 'bare bones', Sol dos'nt want to risk anyone getting injured?.
2. As most of the current team are 20 & under, their fitness & stamina levels are adequate?.
3. Boots & Laces was waterlogged!!.

3 possible reasons.
1. As we're down to 'bare bones', Sol dos'nt want to risk anyone getting injured?.
2. As most of the current team are 20 & under, their fitness & stamina levels are adequate?.
3. Boots & Laces was waterlogged!!.

Sure, it’s possible.

Although we’ve been down to the bare bones for a couple of months now, so that’s nothing new.

As for the kids needing their rest, let me just say when I was their age, I could go out on a Friday night, and cane the booze and gear all weekend, and still make it into work for Monday morning, without so much as a mild hangover.

Boots & Laces might well be waterlogged, but Roots Hall isn’t. And I know the lads have trained on there plenty of times in the past, in the lead upto a game

Half the team decided to “down tools” in August and Ron wasn’t amused. He’s more ruthless than people give him credit for, especially when he’s been bitten on the backside.

[QUOTE="Leigh_Seasider, post: 2234186, member: 16002" Ron wasn’t amused. He’s more ruthless than people give him credit for, especially when he’s been bitten on the backside.[/QUOTE]

I'd say since August, he's had his whole arse chewed away??.

You’re not wrong. I don’t think in his wildest dreams he ever saw it ending like this but maybe lessons learned.

On the positive side actions from the Bank of England have given banks an additional £190bn of lending ability. Seperately the Government have announced a bank loan guarantee scheme that banks can access to guarantee 80% of a business loan. So financing could be possible
No mainstream Bank would lend to our club in this scenario.

What a wonderful chairman and club owner we have !! Not. Have said many times since year 2000,it will end in tears.It looks like we might be nearing the end.Where are the people sticking up for the chairman, now ?
Without ron we would have no club! Must be really easy running a football club and having to find huge tax payments on a regular basis?ron backed the managers and they was the ones who signed these players!! How they perform on the pitch is not down to ron!! and because they havent performed money isnt coming through the turnstiles so that must be rons fault too?

Back