• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

To all those who gave me a positive spin ,i thank you,also may i add , i hope i live long enough to see people like MrsBlue post something positive about SUFC,RM ,the Team and people who do at least try to help.I really dont know if anything will come of this , but as my friend asked me to send a proposal ,how could i not, she said she would put it before them .It may very well be hot air , i really dont know , but on the off chance that she meant what shhe said to em ,i couldnt ignore it,I thank the people who have gone out of their way to help. As for my spelling i can spell really well ,my big trouble is my fingers type faster than the keyboard reacts and sometimes i hit the wrong key .

To all those who gave me a positive spin ,i thank you,also may i add , i hope i live long enough to see people like MrsBlue post something positive about SUFC,RM ,the Team and people who do at least try to help.I really dont know if anything will come of this , but as my friend asked me to send a proposal ,how could i not, she said she would put it before them .It may very well be hot air , i really dont know , but on the off chance that she meant what shhe said to em ,i couldnt ignore it,I thank the people who have gone out of their way to help. As for my spelling i can spell really well ,my big trouble is my fingers type faster than the keyboard reacts and sometimes i hit the wrong key .

I say give it a go mate, even if it's a one in a million shot it's worth it - at least you will have tried to do something rather than whinging on a web forum. If a sheikh buys us out you'll be a ****ing hero!

Listen, ignore those who have nothing better to do than have pops at you, if you believe it's worth a go, then go for it. If you want any help with proof reading or anything, then give me a shout.

I owe you a public apology...Sorry.

Good luck !

What price success? Many on here do not appreciate RM but whatever he does this is a local project for local people. The success if it arrives will be from the money spent from the pockets of supporters and those utilising the retail park. A club on the up and sustainable.

If you want success courtesy of a cash rich sheik that may well see the club as a toy or kudos machine then ok. Of course you are then always waiting for the day he tires of it and the ensuing downward spiral. Still, I am sure many would swap that for seeing RM go. Careful what you wish for.

48322805.jpg

What harm can it do? Apart from a bit of giggling on here.

As for the amount of money to buy Ron out. £180M ??????????? Are you sure? That is far more ridiculous than the subject of this thread. Cellino has just paid £25M (inflated estimates at perhaps 30M +) for 75% of LEEDS UNITED!! Another club deep, deep in debt but a true giant of football. TWENTY FIVE MILLION for Leeds United and people on here are suggesting Southend United would cost £180M to make Ron walk? I am crying with laughter. Nonsense.

What harm can it do? Apart from a bit of giggling on here.

As for the amount of money to buy Ron out. £180M ??????????? Are you sure? That is far more ridiculous than the subject of this thread. Cellino has just paid £25M (inflated estimates at perhaps 30M +) for 75% of LEEDS UNITED!! Another club deep, deep in debt but a true giant of football. TWENTY FIVE MILLION for Leeds United and people on here are suggesting Southend United would cost £180M to make Ron walk? I am crying with laughter. Nonsense.

It's not just Southend United though is it? It's the whole Fossetts complex, the leisure side, the retail, the corporate. I'd suggest that it would need to be considerably more than the 25 mill paid for Weeds.

It's not just Southend United though is it? It's the whole Fossetts complex, the leisure side, the retail, the corporate. I'd suggest that it would need to be considerably more than the 25 mill paid for Weeds.

If you paid £180m for Fossetts Farm/Southend United you'd need your head read. You wouldn't make a return on your investment for many many years to come.

If you paid £180m for Fossetts Farm/Southend United you'd need your head read. You wouldn't make a return on your investment for many many years to come.

And that's the thing, it's a legacy.....how long has he been "investing"? It's going to need to be a pretty hefty sum to persuade him to go.

I really don't think it would be. If someone took over the debts and paid a small premium on top then that would likely do it, IMO. Ron Martin isn't an idiot.

I really don't think it would be. If someone took over the debts and paid a small premium on top then that would likely do it, IMO. Ron Martin isn't an idiot.

Absolutely. RM would probably improve his legacy by being able to say that he instigated the whole thing!

Agreed,

If Ron was offered 5 million to walk away as matters stand I cannot see him turning it down(the current club debt is a sham).

Buying the club will cost next to nothing. Paying the debts and keeping us going will be a tad more (10m + 1m pa)
The best bet to ensure anyhing close to a return on any investment would be to buy RHL and SEL , that would secure the football club and Roots hall. Soccer stadium ltd may need to be purchased to get hold of the plans etc for FF and I think MD own the bits of FF needed as well.
Personally, the swiftest way would be to take over MD that way any future profits on FF are secured

Go for it buffalowolf - I must confess to scouring the Sunday Times rich-list every year, for any Essex-born tycoons, begging letter at the ready....

And that's the thing, it's a legacy.....how long has he been "investing"? It's going to need to be a pretty hefty sum to persuade him to go.

But £180m is way over the top. He'd personally stand to make about £10m over a number of years from this deal. So, let's assume he would have made £10m in 5 years time. If someone paid him an amount now that he could invest at, say 5% over 5 years, how much is that worth now? The answer (after some maths that I may well have got wrong because I haven't looked at this since my university days) is about £7.8m.

Obviously you'd need also to pay off the debt which is about £10m if IIRC. So the answer is about £17.8m, say £20m to cover any roundings/errors etc. That person wouldn't have to fund the stadium because Sainsburys are doing that. However, they may have to fund the 4th side should an investor not be found...but to buy RM out you wouldn't really need any more than around £20m. Either way, it's nowhere near £180m.

I make no appology for having a pop at the poster of this thread.
I am the first to say that every one should have their own opinion and comment on that.
For example I think the world of Ron Martin. I honestly believe he has saved our club and it really angers me when people have a go at him and constantly blame him for all that has gone wrong with ff. But I appreciate every one has got that right. I find my self disagreeing with many post and having my say back, thats what a forum is all about.
I do not believe that traffic on this site is down because people feel intimadated by others posters knocking them. I personally find I don't come on the site so much because of posts like this. It starts off. I have a friend I was chatting to who is a Dubai personal banker. This banker works for sheiks and asked me to write a report so she can present it to them.
So a banker in Dubai would hand over such a report? To a sheik ? On how much he should pay for an assett worth millions.
Every one must surely realise this can not be true and yet we thank him for pushing Southend forward with the arabs and wonder how much they should pay. ''Thanks for all the effort at least your trying, all southchurch does is moan''. And I get negative feedback saying leave him alone he is allowed his opinion. Yes but this is not an opinion he has made. Its a statement that can not possibly be true. I am not calling him a liar, but surely misslead by a person claiming to be a banker from Dubai. This thread should and was shot down in flames and laughed at by the first 2 posters. I can't understand how now those same sane voices are being hounded out.

I am the first to say that every one should have their own opinion and comment on that.
For example I think the world of Ron Martin. I honestly believe he has saved our club and it really angers me when people have a go at him and constantly blame him for all that has gone wrong with ff. But I appreciate every one has got that right. I find my self disagreeing with many post and having my say back, thats what a forum is all about.
I do not believe that traffic on this site is down because people feel intimadated by others posters knocking them. I personally find I don't come on the site so much because of posts like this. It starts off. I have a friend I was chatting to who is a Dubai personal banker. This banker works for sheiks and asked me to write a report so she can present it to them.
So a banker in Dubai would hand over such a report? To a sheik ? On how much he should pay for an assett worth millions.
Every one must surely realise this can not be true and yet we thank him for pushing Southend forward with the arabs and wonder how much they should pay. ''Thanks for all the effort at least your trying, all southchurch does is moan''. And I get negative feedback saying leave him alone he is allowed his opinion. Yes but this is not an opinion he has made. Its a statement that can not possibly be true. I am not calling him a liar, but surely misslead by a person claiming to be a banker from Dubai. This thread should and was shot down in flames and laughed at by the first 2 posters. I can't understand how now those same sane voices are being hounded out.
So you're saying his friend has deceived him into thinking he's a banker ? Who's better placed to know if he is a banker or not, you or the OP ?

PS. I'm sure Ronnies mum thinks the world of him too, that makes two of you :smile:

You and I did take the flak for saying what we really thought,My neg rep has gone into overtime and whether deserved or not it is only an opinion,Nobody was harmed or threatened in the making of this thread.

Back