• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

You shaving preference

• Total voters

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
I was having the age old debate yesterday with a couple of work colleagues ….to wet shave, dry shave of not bother.

I am a white collar worker and have regular meetings with clients and vendors so have to be clean shaved pretty much every day and for me there is nothing that compares to a wet shave, it is closer, cleaner and leaves you feeling really fresh before you head of to work. It also it means that you are exfoliating your chin and neck on a daily basis.

A mate at work (Not Carrow Road) swears by electric shaving and believes that you can get as close a shave if not closer with electric.

I purchased an electric razor, about 6 months ago, it is a Remington all singing and dancing triple headed thing and I did try and persevere with it but all it did for me was leave a nasty rash and if it was more than 2 days growth would not get close to a decent shave.

Ladies....this does include you as well, unless you are one of these bohemian type women with pubes and arm pits that you can plat!

What school of thought are you? Wet, dry or don’t bother that often??

Last edited:
Wet when I do, but (un)fortunately I can go 2/3 days without bothering as some teenagers have got more hair fuzz than me :'(

All I can say is.............you lucky lucky bugger

Hmm, I dunno. I'd like the option to grow one of these beauties...

tuesbeckbeard.jpg

Can't be arsed to keep buying razors, wetting my face, putting the foam on, shaving...then spending half hour to stem the bleeding in 20 places on my face.

Dry shave every time, 5 mins in the adverts once a night...sorted.

Have not shaved for over 3 years as i just use the head shaver thing on my face when i do my head but i was a wet shaver before that.When i was a kid i saw a many many times close up picture of a wet sve face and a dry shave face and the wet face was smooth but the dry face was like a mountain range.

Has to be wet shave or you'll end up ripping your legs, face, underarms etc to pieces. There are some women's shavers out there at the moment which is really good, such as Wilkinson Sword Intuition, but the downside is that for replacement shaving blades, it costs about £6 for 3.

I've never found an electric razor to do anything like the job of a wet shave, so its foam and water everytime for me

That said its such a chore so i shave as little as possible, maybe twice a week

wet shave for me, about once every 3 days. Funnily enough I have pubes on my head but no hair on my face.

Can't be arsed to keep buying razors, wetting my face, putting the foam on, shaving...then spending half hour to stem the bleeding in 20 places on my face.

Dry shave every time, 5 mins in the adverts once a night...sorted.

I wet shaved this morning, took me less than 5 mins, had a shower which is the norm, got out, foamed up, then shaved with in about 2 mins.

The key to not cutting yourself is go against the grain and always use a sharp blade

Wet shave, which I have to do daily as I'm irritatingly hirsuite (although not quite as bad as Yorkshire "Harold Shipman" Blue, or Uxbridge "1pm shadow" Shrimper).

Matt

Back