• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The thing is, if we sell him for £300,000 how much will A) Be reinvested into transfers and B) How many CMs can we approach for that would cost us £300,000 and see us get a similarly crucial CM...

And if we hang onto a player who doesn't want to be here any more and will leave on a freebie next season anyhow?

I remember much earlier in this thread that I thought 300k was a realistic price for Lenny. As per usual I got ridiculed for saying such an amount when people were stating we should get at least 1 million for him (hahahaha). Now a lot of people seem to be changing their tune. Ironic!

Which is worth...well didly squat. Everyone on here could decide that its entirely sensible to sell him at the local tombola stall but the only person who decides what he is worth is RM and aint going to let him go for £300k. And I suspect he won't be looking to our extensive expertise to set the valuation either.

These threads can go on for many many pages, the Sheff U thread on it got to 30 pages before they gave up in confusion, but it changes nothing. Unless someone offers what RM is prepared to accept he will go nowhere.

And if we hang onto a player who doesn't want to be here any more and will leave on a freebie next season anyhow?

its not just not getting the fee; nor a sulking player who will 'not perform', but how much in wages/match bonus will we shell out until his contract runs out......in other words, not only will we not make any money, but we will actually be worse off.

If Lenny stays then I don't think he is the type of player to sulk. I personally think he will do the opposite to gain a move in January or next summer.

its not just not getting the fee; nor a sulking player who will 'not perform', but how much in wages/match bonus will we shell out until his contract runs out......in other words, not only will we not make any money, but we will actually be worse off.

Plus if he walks for nothing next summer we'll miss out on a sell-on. This will only end one way. #sold

The Echo headline today states that Ron will not let Lenny go with these quotes:

"We understand Lenny's wish to test himself at the next level, however the club wishes to be at the next level too and to achieve that objective it doesn't make any sense to sell our influential players"

"We would be delighted if Lenny stays with us"

He's a pivotal member of the squad, well liked, and a great professional"

"Next year is vital for us and Lenny can make that difference"

"I hope he reflects, talks to the manager in a week or two and sees what deal we can structure for him to encourage his continuing and valued commitment to Southend United."

The article also mentions that Millwall offered £300k and Sheffield Utd £250k. More than a little tightarse from the pair of them in my opinion.

Thinking out loud, would we still be posting on this here thread if the offers had been £450/500k?

Last edited:
25 pages of this thread and we haven't even accepted a bid.

Unless one of those clubs significantly ups their offer I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

25 pages of this thread and we haven't even accepted a bid.

Unless one of those clubs significantly ups their offer I don't think he'll be going anywhere.

Agree - offers have been put in to try to get Leonard (and his agent) to be disaffected with life in this division. I can't see the offers being accepted and I don't think the offers will go up for a week or two yet.

Sunderland want Chris Wilder as their manager. Wonder if he will still be chasing Lenny is he goes there and if Sheff Utd's interest ends there.

Sunderland want Chris Wilder as their manager. Wonder if he will still be chasing Lenny is he goes there and if Sheff Utd's interest ends there.

Could do, unless of course they want Lenny and PB.....

For me, you sign for a club because the manager wants you .......... you still have to perform well but you know that the gaffer has an eye for you ............ so going to a club where the manager might be changing makes a world of difference in my eyes - look at Moussa - he went to Leicester (I think) and the manager changed and suddenly he wasn't in favour (there is probably more to it than that but I like to keep things simple).

So, Lenny, best steer away from Sheff Utd if I were you ...............

The Sheffield fans board is starting to get more than a bit twitchy about Wilder being interested in the Sunderland job. If Wilder is more tied up thinking about going, then Sheffield is certainly far less attractive for Lenny.

Back