• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should the Yanks release the pics of Bin Laden?

Should the yanks show us the pics?

• Total voters

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Quite simple, do you think the American Government should release the pictures/videos of Bin Laden's dead body?

Many people seem to be saying 'no', because they don't want him to be seen as any more of a martyr and also because the images are "very graphic".

Personally I think we should be allowed to see them, and enevitably will within the next few days/weeks.

Your take?

Quite simple, do you think the American Government should release the pictures/videos of Bin Laden's dead body?

Many people seem to be saying 'no', because they don't want him to be seen as any more of a martyr and also because the images are "very graphic".

Personally I think we should be allowed to see them, and enevitably will within the next few days/weeks.

Your take?

I reckon they'll be 'accidentally leaked'

I'm easily confused at the best of times but they showed a picture of him on the news channel i was watching the day the death was announced - a very dead looking Osama with a very gammy looking, beaten up left eye. Did I imagine that somehow or was it something else?

I'm easily confused at the best of times but they showed a picture of him on the news channel i was watching the day the death was announced - a very dead looking Osama with a very gammy looking, beaten up left eye. Did I imagine that somehow or was it something else?

It was a photoshopped fake

Can't see what good it would do. It won't stop the clamour of the conspiracy theorists nor will it stop the hatred of the Islamofascists. However it will get leaked.

I think they will be released, but it will stir up a whole lot of trouble.Personally I am not bothered..if he is dead he is dead.

Now about Obama's fake birth certificate...:whistling:

I think they should have dropped the dead body from an Apache gunship on all of the *******s at Mecca doing their Gheorghe Hagi nonsense or whatever it is they do.

It will hopefully stop some of the conspiracy theories for the time being! It may also help some of the families of victims of 9/11 and 7/7.
I cant see it being any worse to see than the youtube videos of Saddam being hanged tbh.

Apparently Obama has said he won't release the photo's, as they are a risk to national security, due to their graphic nature. How long that'll stay like that is anybody's guess.

Out of curiosity, Mk and Gremlin, care to say why you don't think they should?

As I mentioned, I think they should. Without a doubt. Firstly, it should put to bed the rumours that he is still alive. A lot of people have trouble believing the American government, and tbh, who can blame them? Of course it wouldn't look good if he were to appear alive and well in a few days, but there really are so many pieces of the proverbial puzzle flying about (i.e. this idea of a new video expected to surface soon, how do they know that?) that I feel this, for many, could be the only true way of putting it to bed.

Secondly, let's not forget the likes of Ken Bigley, Kristian Menchaca, Thomas Tucker, Nick Berg and all those others who were slain in the barbaric and savage act of decapitation, which was then broadcast around the world, as a warning of Al-Qaeda's limitless actions towards those who opposed them.

Thirdly, we as adults, should have the option to see them. Me personally, i'd love to see his dead body smashed up. Ok it won't rectify what has happened over the past 10 years, but as the man directly/indirectly linked to these terror attacks, it'd go some way to equaling those scenes of horror in NY, London and Madrid, that have been burned into our memory.

Lastly, the release of his fatal moment will serve as a reminder to all that evil will not rest unpunished.

I've heard a lot of counter-arguements stating we shouldn't because it'll cause unrest, and more hatred towards The West, but really? What more could they do? Our countries are continuouslly fighting terrorism. We constantly hear of foiled plots, aswell as the unfortunate times when their attacks succeed.

IMO it's a case of bolting the stable door after the horse is bolted.

Last edited:
Apparently Obama has said he won't release the photo's, as they are a risk to national security, due to their graphic nature. How long that'll stay like that is anybody's guess.

Out of curiosity, Mk and Gremlin, care to say why you don't think they should?

As I mentioned, I think they should. Without a doubt. Firstly, it should put to bed the rumours that he is still alive. A lot of people have trouble believing the American government, and tbh, who can blame them? Of course it wouldn't look good if he were to appear alive and well in a few days, but there really are so many pieces of the proverbial puzzle flying about (i.e. this idea of a new video expected to surface soon, how do they know that?) that I feel this, for many, could be the only true way of putting it to bed.

Secondly, let's not forget the likes of Ken Bigley, Kristian Menchaca, Thomas Tucker, Nick Berg and all those others who were slain in the barbaric and savage act of decapitation, which was then broadcast around the world, as a warning of Al-Qaeda's limitless actions towards those who opposed them.

Thirdly, we as adults, should have the option to see them. Me personally, i'd love to see his dead body smashed up. Ok it won't rectify what has happened over the past 10 years, but as the man directly/indirectly linked to these terror attacks, it'd go some way to equaling those scenes of horror in NY, London and Madrid, that have been burned into our memory.

Lastly, the release of his fatal moment will serve as a reminder to all that evil will not rest unpunished.

I've heard a lot of counter-arguements stating we shouldn't because it'll cause unrest, and more hatred towards The West, but really? What more could they do? Our countries are continuouslly fighting terrorism. We constantly hear of foiled plots, aswell as the unfortunate times when their attacks succeed.

IMO it's a case of bolting the stable door after the horse is bolted.

Disagree with this, if more terrorists emerge/terrorist activity increases from releasing the photos then that will inevitably increase the risk of future attacks unless we're willing to increase our anti-terrorist activity. Personally I'd like to take a bottle of water through customs, and not have my bag constantly searched at St Pancras rather than spend more money on counter-terrorism and have more of our regular lives inconvenienced because we continue to have terrorists wanting to blow stuff up. Lets not give them more reasons to hate us...

Firstly, it should put to bed the rumours that he is still alive. A lot of people have trouble believing the American government, and tbh, who can blame them?

I reckon they should give consideration to releasing the photos of Elvis after his death first.

Disagree with this, if more terrorists emerge/terrorist activity increases from releasing the photos then that will inevitably increase the risk of future attacks unless we're willing to increase our anti-terrorist activity. Personally I'd like to take a bottle of water through customs, and not have my bag constantly searched at St Pancras rather than spend more money on counter-terrorism and have more of our regular lives inconvenienced because we continue to have terrorists wanting to blow stuff up. Lets not give them more reasons to hate us...

Firstly, how do we know it'll incite more people to pick up the terrorist baton? If anything, the release of the photo's could act as a deterrent to future nutters? We're putting the cart before the horse here.

Secondly, be fair, lives inconvenienced? Really? If anything I'd gladly see the security level raised in this country, at every airport, tube station and anywhere else that a could be a risk. The Nations safety should come before our own personal gripes. If I have to take me shoes off at the airport, so be it. If they wanna rummage through my stuff, so be it, If I can't take a big-****-off bottle of lilt through security, so be it. 30 seconds out of my day, really isn't that big an inconvenience.

Back