• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should the Yanks release the pics of Bin Laden?

Should the yanks show us the pics?

• Total voters
Yes

not to Joe Public, bue some kind of independent verification from outside the US is needed, if nothing else but to quell the conspiricy theorists!
I agree with this, tbh, an independent *ahem* body should have verified this before the corpse was jetisoned into the watery depths.

We've seen faked images of Bin Laden’s body already and many a committed conspiracy theorist could dream up a way to explain why any images released by the US are also fakes. They may point out, for example, that a country that can hit a donkey with a Hellfire from an unmanned drone flying silently at several thousand feet above land whilst being operated from halfway around the world can probably stretch to a bit of re-working on Photoshop.

I don't think this point has been, acknowledged enough really. People want to see the pictures, not because they don't believe he is dead, but because they want to see the fact that he met a gruesome end, because of what he was responsible for. Publishing them solves absolutely nothing. Getting a 'neutral' to witness the DNA etc proves nothing, because someone, somewhere, will declare that person to not be neutral, and so the circle begins again.

Does anyone really believe he is still alive, in hiding somewhere? It's the biggest news on the planet. If he is still in hiding, I reckon it would have got back to him, and he'd just have to make a video saying, 'Ohh, Hi everyone, only me. A wee birdie tells me Mr Obama reckon's I'm dead. Well, today is the 5th of May, Man U just beat Schalke 4-1 at Old Trafford, and I'm still alive. That gets leaked to Al-Jazera, and Obama looks like the biggest **** in the world.

And if you think he is alive, and captured by the Americans - remember, this is America. They don't do quiet. They'd tell us he's alive.

The Guardian has released pictures of 3 men shot dead inside the compound. Apparently these pics were taken by Pakistani officials after the raid. How/why have these pictures been allowed to see the light of day, but the OBL stuff isn't?

For those wanting to see said photo's, visit the Guardian website. I'd post a link, but I'd assume the Mods would remove it??

Because the Pakistani's decidied to release the photo's. They didn't kill them, so it doesn't matter to them if they release the photo's or not. America however, killed Old Blue Lady Osama Bin Laden, and are now taking (correctly) a form of moral high ground in not releasing the all important photo.

Because the Pakistani's decidied to release the photo's. They didn't kill them, so it doesn't matter to them if they release the photo's or not. America however, killed Old Blue Lady Osama Bin Laden, and are now taking (correctly) a form of moral high ground in not releasing the all important photo.

Or its a deal , and the pictures get released by officials of Pakistan and the USA doesn't look bad ;)

To me, the controversy about the secrecy shrouding the disposal of the body , the pictures, identification etc is not about whether OBL is dead or alive, Its about the authenticity of OBL as the terrorist mastermind per se.

There is a theory that OBL was just a convenient muslim figure to hang 9/11 and the world wide events on. Al Queda were defined, some say, as a way using the organised crime laws in the USA to arrest individual terrorist suspects , they certainly had not appeared in name pre 9/11 yet were linked after that date to events going back well before.

Personally, I have not seen enough facts to convince me . and whilst facts are supressed or destroyed I feel that situation will remain , and also given that there is an element of "the CIA can manipulate anything" around, I don't believe everyone will everbe convinced

To me, the controversy about the secrecy shrouding the disposal of the body , the pictures, identification etc is not about whether OBL is dead or alive, Its about the authenticity of OBL as the terrorist mastermind per se.

There is a theory that OBL was just a convenient muslim figure to hang 9/11 and the world wide events on. Al Queda were defined, some say, as a way using the organised crime laws in the USA to arrest individual terrorist suspects , they certainly had not appeared in name pre 9/11 yet were linked after that date to events going back well before.

Personally, I have not seen enough facts to convince me . and whilst facts are supressed or destroyed I feel that situation will remain , and also given that there is an element of "the CIA can manipulate anything" around, I don't believe everyone will everbe convinced

This is another topic altogether, but one that I'm inclined to believe.

Lots of plot holes surrounding 9/11 indeed

Maybe it's just me, but it seems strange that the Pakistani's would risk the backlash of showing these specific photo's though?

Back