• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Should the Yanks release the pics of Bin Laden?

Should the yanks show us the pics?

• Total voters
Why are we so worried about provoking these ****kickers? Get them riled and out in the open and then layeth the smacketh down on their candy asses. If releasing the picture upsets the Islamists, that's a damn good reason to have it printed on a billboard a mile high in the middle of downtown Riyadh.

Why are we so worried about provoking these ****kickers? Get them riled and out in the open and then layeth the smacketh down on their candy asses. If releasing the picture upsets the Islamists, that's a damn good reason to have it printed on a billboard a mile high in the middle of downtown Riyadh.

It's not so much "upsetting" them that bothers me; instead, we shouldn't give them something to give them any more fire in their bellies, or something else to rally around.

The beardy **** is dead. The sooner he's forgotten, the better - let's not pass around pics of his death so that some moronic Islamist can lionise Osama's so-called jihad.

Firstly, how do we know it'll incite more people to pick up the terrorist baton? If anything, the release of the photo's could act as a deterrent to future nutters? We're putting the cart before the horse here.

Secondly, be fair, lives inconvenienced? Really? If anything I'd gladly see the security level raised in this country, at every airport, tube station and anywhere else that a could be a risk. The Nations safety should come before our own personal gripes. If I have to take me shoes off at the airport, so be it. If they wanna rummage through my stuff, so be it, If I can't take a big-****-off bottle of lilt through security, so be it. 30 seconds out of my day, really isn't that big an inconvenience.

Well the revolutions from Egypt and Syria for instance are showing that moderates are opposing the old regimes and actually want more integration with the west and forms of democracy . You encourage that you alienate extremists , less recruits .
That's what the counter terrorism people are referring to with not stirring them up.

The photo's themselves , are no long accpeted as absolute proof , if they really wantewd to do that releaselie the DNA test's verified by independent Doctor's as well.

Well the revolutions from Egypt and Syria for instance are showing that moderates are opposing the old regimes and actually want more integration with the west and forms of democracy . You encourage that you alienate extremists , less recruits .
That's what the counter terrorism people are referring to with not stirring them up.

The photo's themselves , are no long accpeted as absolute proof , if they really wantewd to do that releaselie the DNA test's verified by independent Doctor's as well.

So The Muslim Brotherhood are 'moderates'. That's horse**** and you know it.

DNA tests that can be easily falsified? There's no such thing as 'independent' in America, especially when it comes to potential cover-ups. For example, look at The 9/11 Commission, an independent group whose sole job was to detail how and what happened in New York on Sept 11, 2001.
All had strong ties with George Bush.

Or how about NIST for example? Another 'independent' group, given the duty of detailing why the towers fell?
All had strong ties to Bush, aswell as offices and money tied up in the WTC

The point is, the American government are so shady, that whatever they say is always going to be scrutinised. Why? because everything they say and do, is easily pulled apart. Take this Bin Laden episode, the story has changed 3-4 times in the same amount of days.

So The Muslim Brotherhood are 'moderates'. That's horse**** and you know it.

The Brotherhood are not getting either power or influence people feared they would . As an organisation no it's not very moderate I agree, however factions of it have become moderate over the years , and many are more concerned with improving the well fair of the average Egyptian then any anti west policy (oddly they also have many female political candidates ) . Also I haven't mentioned them or has anyone else . The last reports i read is they were having a negligible influence and were being kept out of coalition talks in Egypt ?
Even in the last free votes in 2005 they only got 20% of teh vote , and as the generation who lead teh revolte are educated /liberals i doubt they will be voting for them wither http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703703304576297302703943680.html

DNA tests that can be easily falsified? There's no such thing as 'independent' in America, especially when it comes to potential cover-ups. For example, look at The 9/11 Commission, an independent group whose sole job was to detail how and what happened in New York on Sept 11, 2001.
All had strong ties with George Bush.

Or how about NIST for example? Another 'independent' group, given the duty of detailing why the towers fell?
All had strong ties to Bush, aswell as offices and money tied up in the WTC

The point is, the American government are so shady, that whatever they say is always going to be scrutinised. Why? because everything they say and do, is easily pulled apart. Take this Bin Laden episode, the story has changed 3-4 times in the same amount of days.

Same point with the Photo . Independent i meant another country . How about China ? Their all shady , its by nature of all goverments . You want to know their truths get elected in their inner circles . Other then that you not going to know . Sorry complain all you like nothings going to change that point.

How about China ?

tiananmen-square-protesto-001.jpg

Er, no.

Same point with the Photo . Independent i meant another country . How about China ? Their all shady , its by nature of all goverments . You want to know their truths get elected in their inner circles . Other then that you not going to know . Sorry complain all you like nothings going to change that point.

China shady? Blimey. Of course, if you vote yes to AV you won't get shady governments, eh?:smiles:

Out of curiosity, Mk and Gremlin, care to say why you don't think they should?

Sure. I don’t think releasing the images would achieve much and, just as importantly, the American’s efforts could be better spent elsewhere, for example interrogating the hard drives of the numerous computers that were found in the compound and then acting on that information – and quickly.

We’ve seen faked images of Bin Laden’s body already and many a committed conspiracy theorist could dream up a way to explain why any images released by the US are also fakes. They may point out, for example, that a country that can hit a donkey with a Hellfire from an unmanned drone flying silently at several thousand feet above land whilst being operated from halfway around the world can probably stretch to a bit of re-working on Photoshop. Those who really don’t want to believe he’s dead will continue as such and if the Americans are as sure as they can be that they got their man then they should be comfortable with that. Should they really expend additional time and effort worrying about what the doubters think? I know I wouldn’t. Would the release of the images provoke reprisals? Maybe, maybe not, but why take any unnecessary risks? Lives are potentially at stake here and to take actions simply to appease doubters, out of a warped sense of revenge or even to satisfy macabre curiosities doesn’t make sense to me.

I do wonder too whether the Americans have done the right thing by announcing Bin Laden’s death so soon after the event. The information they captured during the raid could prove to be at least as valuable as the man himself and anyone who thinks they may have been name-checked therein will probably now have moved on, records will have been destroyed, bank accounts emptied and so on. The Americans may not have been able to get themselves much extra time for analysis before news of the raid leaked out, but some is surely better than none. There are other bad guys out there who need to be caught so why give them such a big head-start? I realise that those person’s actions since last weekend may leave a trail in themselves but anyway, you catch my drift, I suspect.

Generally speaking I tend to be of the opinion that we get told too much by politicians, rather than too little.

China shady? Blimey. Of course, if you vote yes to AV you won't get shady governments, eh?:smiles:

I was saying for an independent test . I never said they would be less shady then the USA , just for their own purposes. They would confirm or denie it . Ok Brazil ?

Does this help?

photo

If people want to make up conspiracy theories they will regardless of pictures, or any other evidence to the contrary, so what would the point be?

As for not provoking extremists, sounds like a good idea to me. Depends what you value you put on human lives I guess, personally I would value the safety of british/american foreign embassy workers (and other workers based abroad) over the idea of rubbing the extremists noses in it.

There was reason people around the world were outraged by images of those decapitations being shown around the world, by showing pictures of Bin Laden's death we would be lowering ourselves to the same level.

Sure. I don’t think releasing the images would achieve much and, just as importantly, the American’s efforts could be better spent elsewhere, for example interrogating the hard drives of the numerous computers that were found in the compound and then acting on that information – and quickly.

We’ve seen faked images of Bin Laden’s body already and many a committed conspiracy theorist could dream up a way to explain why any images released by the US are also fakes. They may point out, for example, that a country that can hit a donkey with a Hellfire from an unmanned drone flying silently at several thousand feet above land whilst being operated from halfway around the world can probably stretch to a bit of re-working on Photoshop. Those who really don’t want to believe he’s dead will continue as such and if the Americans are as sure as they can be that they got their man then they should be comfortable with that. Should they really expend additional time and effort worrying about what the doubters think? I know I wouldn’t.

Would the release of the images provoke reprisals? Maybe, maybe not, but why take any unnecessary risks? Lives are potentially at stake here and to take actions simply to appease doubters, out of a warped sense of revenge or even to satisfy macabre curiosities doesn’t make sense to me.

I do wonder too whether the Americans have done the right thing by announcing Bin Laden’s death so soon after the event. The information they captured during the raid could prove to be at least as valuable as the man himself and anyone who thinks they may have been name-checked therein will probably now have moved on, records will have been destroyed, bank accounts emptied and so on. The Americans may not have been able to get themselves much extra time for analysis before news of the raid leaked out, but some is surely better than none. There are other bad guys out there who need to be caught so why give them such a big head-start? I realise that those person’s actions since last weekend may leave a trail in themselves but anyway, you catch my drift, I suspect.

Generally speaking I tend to be of the opinion that we get told too much by politicians, rather than too little.

Lives are already at risk. We had the guy with the bomb in his pants last christmas. We had the interception of the different bomb parts a little while ago, and the other day 5 men were arrested up at Sellafield Nuclear plant for suspicious behaviour. What had 'The West' done to provoke these plots?

Unfortunately, these ****wits are going to do what they want, whent they want.

I think, with these photo's, there is as much chance of quelling the hatred as inciting it.

If people want to make up conspiracy theories they will regardless of pictures, or any other evidence to the contrary, so what would the point be?

As for not provoking extremists, sounds like a good idea to me. Depends what you value you put on human lives I guess, personally I would value the safety of british/american foreign embassy workers (and other workers based abroad) over the idea of rubbing the extremists noses in it.

There was reason people around the world were outraged by images of those decapitations being shown around the world, by showing pictures of Bin Laden's death we would be lowering ourselves to the same level.

Did we provoke them on 9/11? How about in Madrid, or London? Are the reportings of Bin Laden's death not going to set them off?

As my above post says, these mugs are out there, continuously plotting.

Wow,what an avatar,lord mercy, respect Rusty.

The Guardian has released pictures of 3 men shot dead inside the compound. Apparently these pics were taken by Pakistani officials after the raid. How/why have these pictures been allowed to see the light of day, but the OBL stuff isn't?

For those wanting to see said photo's, visit the Guardian website. I'd post a link, but I'd assume the Mods would remove it??

Did we provoke them on 9/11? How about in Madrid, or London? Are the reportings of Bin Laden's death not going to set them off?

As my above post says, these mugs are out there, continuously plotting.

Indeed they are. Best not put more impressionable minds into their hands so they can kill even more then.

You seem to think they're going to do it anyway so we may as well publish them. I think if just one life can be saved, one person not turned to extremism by not publishing them then that justifies not publishing them.

Indeed they are. Best not put more impressionable minds into their hands so they can kill even more then.

You seem to think they're going to do it anyway so we may as well publish them. I think if just one life can be saved, one person not turned to extremism by not publishing them then that justifies not publishing them.

We all make our own choices in life. We choose to work, We choose to go on holiday and we choose not to commit crimes.

If a person's mind is weak enough to choose the path of an extremeist, if it isn't the photo's that act as a catalyst, it'll be something else.

Yes

not to Joe Public, bue some kind of independent verification from outside the US is needed, if nothing else but to quell the conspiricy theorists!

Back