• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do the deed means many things in different cultures, in the usa its means to have sex?? which i dont really think we want to think about martin doing that(alhtough some of you might want to have it with him) in american slang it means to "pull one of in a kleenex" which again was referred to by some one on here, But as I have a big interest in Hindus and Eastern idealism, its a form of karma, meaning what goes around comes around. When we make the trip next month to India, I will research what the local populace think, and finally to ppl on here that love their gang culture and hard tough essex boys, it means to wipe some one out!!
Now the good thing about message boards is that we can all ignore each other , if we so desire, which I think someone on here as alluded to . fine, I can choose to shut my eyes to the pro martin gang, equally I always welcome reputation. Now back in the day for the benefit of OBL who wasnt around, Not a hanger on?? more of a doer, hence my shoulder still gives me gip from the last game at home to tranmere 91/92 when we all had to scale the fence at back of west side as they locked the gates if you remember to try and round up the jobson protesters

Well... not really Hooly. I would never and have never ignored anyone just for their opinion... and to be fair I did say CB occasionally made some useful points. That's what the forum is for and that's why I continue to sponsor it; so that we can all have our say.

However, as I've said before, some people don't know how to behave online. It's the manner of delivery of the opinion with CB that I want to ignore, not so much what he says. If I thought there would be any change or adjustment to the opinion then fair enough, but it's the same record over and over and over. If I was to un-ignore him next month or even next year it would be the same stuff. I just feel reading itbetter for not continually .

I thoroughly agree with this, which is why I've followed your example and put a couple of posters on ignore.Not CB though.:winking:

Do the deed means many things in different cultures, in the usa its means to have sex?? which i dont really think we want to think about martin doing that(alhtough some of you might want to have it with him) in american slang it means to "pull one of in a kleenex" which again was referred to by some one on here, But as I have a big interest in Hindus and Eastern idealism, its a form of karma, meaning what goes around comes around. When we make the trip next month to India, I will research what the local populace think, and finally to ppl on here that love their gang culture and hard tough essex boys, it means to wipe some one out!!
Now the good thing about message boards is that we can all ignore each other , if we so desire, which I think someone on here as alluded to . fine, I can choose to shut my eyes to the pro martin gang, equally I always welcome reputation. Now back in the day for the benefit of OBL who wasnt around, Not a hanger on?? more of a doer, hence my shoulder still gives me gip from the last game at home to tranmere 91/92 when we all had to scale the fence at back of west side as they locked the gates if you remember to try and round up the jobson protesters

Not happy then, not happy now....a re-occuring theme with you isn't it. Maybe you are only happy when you are moaning/complaining/protesting.

Interestingly, you were protesting about Jobson back in 91/92 and he didn't sell till the late 90's. Chairman are never going to sell up due to protesting, if anything, it will make them more determined. We had some of our best years in the league under Jobson, and more good times under Martin.

CAPTAIN BIRDSEYE Out!! :raspberry: By the way, I am pleased with a draw at Torquay, 4 points behind the play off, the feel good factor of 2005 is slowly coming back - I want the new ground to be built soon as possible and If we start with 14'000 that be it!

Say so all of us Ron.

Now back in the day for the benefit of OBL who wasnt around, Not a hanger on?? more of a doer, hence my shoulder still gives me gip from the last game at home to tranmere 91/92 when we all had to scale the fence at back of west side as they locked the gates if you remember to try and round up the jobson protesters
No, I wasn't around then as I had a husband who had zero interest in football and being a good and dutiful wife at the time, I was having babies and doing the nurturing. Didn't mean I stopped being a supporter, we all have enforced absences for whatever reason. No, what I said is a comment from someone who definitely was there.

I still say that no true supporter would ever wish for the demise of their club.

TBH there were some fair points. in 1979 we had a 30000 capacity stadium and we were in the bottom division and 32 years later we are moving to 3 sided stadium holding 14 k and are still in the bottom division, it does look a bit bad.

But in that time we have had 4 owners , one of which was a crook. none of them have managed to turn a consistent profit, we have had to sell our assets over the 32 years to keep the accumulating debt down yet we have had two spells in the 2nd tier of english football in that period (which both cost us more than they realised after money was spent trying to keep the dream alive.
We have had our lowest ever gate and average attendence , our Highest and lowest league position, Milstad and accrington appearances.

Its football , we have , those who saw both the liverpool and Man U games have witnessed to most exiting spell in SUFC's histoy. True is not all been roses but there are FA cup winners who are now non league, Premier teams now below us in the league and many many former opponents now playing non league football.

Celebrate what we have had and still got not rue the "missed opportunities of wishful what ifs"

Although Captain Birdseye's posts are controversial and colourful it seems he is one of the hundreds, probably thousands of fans who feel totally frustrated with the club. He probably feels, like many others, that the events of the past 12 to 15 months have produced an almost passive response to our situation from many other fans and posters on this site.

No, I wasn't around then as I had a husband who had zero interest in football and being a good and dutiful wife at the time, I was having babies and doing the nurturing. Didn't mean I stopped being a supporter, we all have enforced absences for whatever reason. No, what I said is a comment from someone who definitely was there.

I still say that no true supporter would ever wish for the demise of their club.

Try telling that to Chester fans they were so fed up with the way their club was being run they got the club closed down and reformed in the bottom level of Non-League.They would rather have that than watch a club they love being ripped apart by the owners. I can still see the same situation happening with Southend.We might be doing well this season but if we continue without money and no new ground in sight we still could go the way of Chester.

Back