• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend's Biggest Judas -

• Barry Fry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathan Jones

• Carl Hutchings

• Leon Constantine

• Mark "Premiership soon" Rawle

• Justin Edinburgh

• No such things as a Judas

• Other - Please state

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Many of the more educated people on this board will tell you there is no such thing as a "Judas" in football. After all its a short career and they have got to make as much as they can in a short space of time.

I however am far more childish than that and I expect all the players to love the club and feel they have reached the peak of their careers.

I would like to clarify my definition of a "Judas". I have no issues with anyone moving upwards to better themselves (Austin, Angell, Cort etc). Also no problems with players that take a sideways move to a much bigger club (Collymore, Prior, Powell) - Good luck to em I say. I would do the same.

My real issue is with people that make sound bites about how much they love SUFC only to clear off at the first chance for no better prospects other than a few £.

All the above have been classed as a Judas by some sections at some point in their career. Brief outlines below.

FRY - Total sell out despite claiming to love SUFC. Also robbed us of Constantine. No claims with moving to sleeping giants that are Brum just way he did it that hurt. Playing devils advocate he is the one "Judas" who went to a much bigger club. Still hate him now personally. So much so I spat on his car windscreen at Roots Hall last season.

JONES - Player of season sold out for a few £ more for a sideways move to Brighton.

HUTCHINGS - Left for downwards move to poxy Orient. Slagged club off in press and then got mouthy when in safety of Birdbrain road.

CONSTANTINE - Claimed he was desperate to sign a new deal with us in May, left in June and Tilly revealed he had been hoaring himself about since Xmas to the highest bidder.

RAWLE - On A127 to sign a new deal with SUFC only to turn around and go to Oxford. In fairness to him he never slagged of the club or over celebrated when he scored at the Hall.

EDINBURGH - No problems with him going to Spurs as a cracking move. My issue is he slatted the club in the press after leaving calling us "amatuers".

Your thought on this one please.

Clearly Fry, just serves him right he's never got anywhere near where he could have done with us even if it was for just one season in the top flight!

Constantine & Rawle both run him a close second though!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Oct. 11 2006,12:27)]Wheres Leon Cort?? If anyone else went Palace they will know what im talking about!!
Thing with Cort was he was loyal to the club for three seasons and did a good job.

He also explained his decision to leave in the press and I dont blame him for leaving the basement league for a step up the ladder.

Totally lost all respect for him for his lack of control at Selhurst and will give him some stick at the Hall but dont think he is a Judas for bettering himself.
suspect.gif

I voted for 'other'. The real Judas has been many of the fans who shout Judas and yet over the years have melted away whenever The Blues have not done so well. We are only now back to home crowd averages that we enjoyed thirty and more years ago. Fickle, fair-weather fans that bleat about an extra few quid on a ticket and walk away expecting players to turn down improved offers from other clubs. Some people need a reality check. Life deals the cards and its up to us how we play the hand. If many of the so-called Judas types felt the odds were more in their favour elsewhere then so be it. Some were right and some were wrong. Thats life.
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 11 2006,12:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimper_sam @ Oct. 11 2006,12:27)]Wheres Leon Cort?? If anyone else went Palace they will know what im talking about!!
Thing with Cort was he was loyal to the club for three seasons and did a good job.

He also explained his decision to leave in the press and I dont blame him for leaving the basement league for a step up the ladder.

Totally lost all respect for him for his lack of control at Selhurst and will give him some stick at the Hall but dont think he is a Judas for bettering himself.  
suspect.gif
I spose i can see your point, still annoyed me all the same
down.gif
alien.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 11 2006,12:23)]I however am far more childish than that and I expect all the players to love the club and feel they have reached the peak of their careers.
laugh.gif

Good man, DtS. I secretly feel that way too.

Barry "Fat Judas" Fry has to win, surely... although Mark "yeah I'll sign, oh hang on, I'm off to Oxford" Rawle comes a fairly close second.

You're only sore about Jones because he signed for Brighton! As for Hutchings... meh, we knew what we were signing.

Leon Constantine - no issues from me. He was offered a sh*te deal by the club, almost half of what Drroooo Broughton (aka Goal Droughton) was on despite having netted 25 times that season. In his shoes, I'd have sodded off too.

Matt

Got to be the Fat c%&t Fry and just like DtS i had to leave the Far post last season as i didnt think i could control my anger
mad.gif

Back