• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 0-2 Carlisle united

I'm sorry to the MM supporters but he has to take some of the responsibility why we go into every game with no urgency and not scoring...... yes I agree the players in the final third lack quality but doesn't excuse the lack of urgency and desire week on week to put that right!

Sack MM tonight and go for the new manager bounce. We are not cut adrift so their still hope. With MM in charge that hope will be gone! Are league status is on the line, change the management team now! I want to see sufc go down trying ffs. These performances of late look like a team resigned to relegation. Sod MM, I care about sufc being league club!

I keep thinking back to the Sunderland game of two years ago, a must win game where we actually turned up and gave a 100% committed performance and won against the odds.
If something similar was required this season against Newport (which is now highly unlikely), could you see us winning it?
Emphatically NO. What I perceive to be a laid back, nicey-nicey managerial approach by Moseley has been transmitted through to the team, who are lazily sleepwalking their way to the National League.
I would say there are a few honorable exceptions such as Tom Clifford, John White, Alan McCormack, Elvis Bwomono and possibly Jason Demetriou who appreciate the urgency of the situation and react accordingly. But you can't win games when only half the side are fully committed to the cause.
Yes we have had more than our fair share of injuries, but I have said this earlier in the season, there is a sliding scale of injuries ranging from the genuine season-ending ones to the "I don't fancy a relegation scrap" ones, and we have had the full range.

What compounds the frustration that we all feel is that we have not had an opportunity this season to vent our emotions from the stands. In that respect some of those players out there today can thank their lucky stars that we were all watching at a very safe distance.

Perhaps its the toxic RH atmosphere.
Ron, the board and MM are lucky our fans have not been allowed in to see the pathetic way we have played this season, can you imagine the reception they would have received..........this afternoons penalty just about sums up this season for me, utter rubbish taken by a player that could not care a toss. Sorry but as I see it we are down now, well that's what my head tells me, but my heart just does not want to give up........

We never showed the slightest bit of ambition to win the game in the second half. There’s never any intensity, there’s never any desire to score goals, therefore we don’t. How many times do we actually get bodies in the box? The defence spent the last half an hour kicking it as hard as they could towards Ricky Holmes’ face, or 3ft higher than it. Just where is the f**king common sense?!?!?

We do genuinely need some continuity with the management, but it is a huge worry that we’re surrendering our league status without the slightest bit of desire to fight it.

If the penalty had been taken properly and gone in, and if Akinola had not been offside when he side footed the ball into their net we would have got at least a point. So on to Morecambe which will be the easiest 3 points we have picked up this season. ............nah, got to stop there as my nose has grown so much it's now scraping on the keyboard.

This is death by a thousand cuts isn't it?

Sadly Ron has been blamed, MM has been blamed but I think we are where we are because we have capable players that continually make basic errors. We have been so close to a bundle of more points this season but that nous, that edge, that craft has been missing. These players are collectively taking us down and they don't seem to know it's their fault or that they can affect change.

Sadly we’ve never ‘been so close to a bundle of more points’.

The points we’ve won have been scraped with the only exceptions being the three from the sheep lovers and the three from the vegans.

Apparently that’s his style - so perhaps he did - he just needed the keeper to dive the wrong way

Not sure it would have reached the goal any way.......

If MM thinks that’s how to take penalties he clearly understands even less about the game than previously demonstrated........except how to pass sideways and backwards and fit everyone into our own penalty area.

Back