• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1 - 1 Torquay United

It was right in front of us, he got the ball but the follow through was knee height and completely unnecessary. I’ve played decent level of football and he could easily of pulled out if the follow through, it was naughty and he knew it. He must be emergency backup at best next season, think someone said he might be the coach of the B/U23 side
It was right in front of me too. Looked like the Torquay lad bottled the tackle which meant that Demis momentum was always going to follow through. It looked like a side foot into the middle of the ball on first view. Obviously will watch again when possible, but I thought at the time it was a good tackle. I have been wrong before though.

Do we have the budget for better though? I think people expecting a raft of exciting signings might have to temper their expectations - we are as skint as we have ever been.
What keeps me going is that what might turn out to be an exciting signing may not be, in the first instance, identified as such on here!
We have form on SZ for being excited when we should know better. The euphoria that greeted some of PB's signings still lingers.

Message for SUEPA. It was a refreshing change for an ex-player to make a bee-line for the West Stand as Steve Phillips did today. All we ever normally see is a vague suited image over by the player’s tunnel.
I don’t know whether it was planned or was just Inch’s idea, but next season, more of the same please!!!
It was entirely his idea! Great to see.

What keeps me going is that what might turn out to be an exciting signing may not be, in the first instance, identified as such on here!
We have form on SZ for being excited when we should know better. The euphoria that greeted some of PB's signings still lingers.
It definitely does where Steve Arnold is concerned.

Watching that yesterday only two players came away with any credit…Powell and Neal.
Mass rebuild required as the nucleus of that team yesterday will finish midway next year a well!

Watching that yesterday only two players came away with any credit…Powell and Neal.
Mass rebuild required as the nucleus of that team yesterday will finish midway next year a well!
As much as I make you right in some instances, we were missing, Ralph, Clifford, Husin, Murphy and. Cardwell. All of whom would be considered as first team starters. That’s half of the outfield team missing.

Have you changed your mind on Neil now?would you have him back next year?After wanting him sent back to sheff Utd.personally would get him and make him captain born leader on the pitch.But agree with you need at least 4 new signing’s

T
It definitely does where Steve Arnold is concerned.
That is an interesting reply as it is my recollection that his signing was greeted with a distinct lack of enthusiasm on SZ. He actually illustrates the point I was trying to make ie many of the best signings arouse no excitement when they are made.

T

That is an interesting reply as it is my recollection that his signing was greeted with a distinct lack of enthusiasm on SZ. He actually illustrates the point I was trying to make ie many of the best signings arouse no excitement when they are made.
I was very excited by Mr Arnold and still am. The thing about distinct lack of enthusiasm is that a regular minority expressing dislike doesn't always reflect the views of the silent majority.

An emotional moment for John White and the Roots Hall faithful. Thanks for everything JW.

While I was watching this moving moment, the 'other half' of my family were watching Mark Noble do likewise for West Ham. Got me thinking, I reckon there are more people on SZ who witnessed Noble's debut than there were in the London Stadium yesterday.

T

Same with Dalby. Some of us were trying to sell him but we were dismissed because of other fans forum 'opinion'

Have you changed your mind on Neil now?would you have him back next year?After wanting him sent back to sheff Utd.personally would get him and make him captain born leader on the pitch.But agree with you need at least 4 new signing’s
Neil is a no nonsense, 150% effort , fully committed player that played for a team on the last game of the season with more passion than the rest of them (except Powell) together, possibly could go on to League above.
Would I have him back, no, too defensive for me although my argument was that he was playing alongside equally defensive midfielders so get rid of them then possibly?
No chance of getting, him , Lopata or Brunt so look forward to more cheap crocks on our budget instead!

As much as I make you right in some instances, we were missing, Ralph, Clifford, Husin, Murphy and. Cardwell. All of whom would be considered as first team starters. That’s half of the outfield team missing.
Possibly only Ralph of the above would be in a promotion winning team and he’s fragile.
Clifford going backwards, Murphy and Cardwell both crocks, Husin ok but no worldbeater. Remember Cardwell and Dalby were at Stockport and they were not impressed with either. Unfortunately this League the budget means everything proven by Stockport and a close Wrexham!

I was very excited by Mr Arnold and still am. The thing about distinct lack of enthusiasm is that a regular minority expressing dislike doesn't always reflect the views of the silent majority.
I am obviously expressing myself very badly. What I am trying to say is when he was signed his acquisition aroused little enthusiasm on SZ. I am NOT suggesting he was a bad signing, or, we should now be unenthusiastic about him. My point is the impact he has made (considerable) was not foreseen at the time the signing was made.
My memory is not what it once was so if when it was announced he was joining Blues you posted on here 'Great signing, he will be POTY' please accept my apologies in advance.

Neil is a no nonsense, 150% effort , fully committed player that played for a team on the last game of the season with more passion than the rest of them (except Powell) together, possibly could go on to League above.
Would I have him back, no, too defensive for me although my argument was that he was playing alongside equally defensive midfielders so get rid of them then possibly?
No chance of getting, him , Lopata or Brunt so look forward to more cheap crocks on our budget instead!

A late entry for comment of the season. Outstanding stuff Wiggy.

Back