• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 1 Leeds United 0

Leeds and an apology.........

Very impressed with Southend on Tuesday, a well deserved win as we were clearly the better team on the day. Good results against the top two teams although I did hear from someone who travelled that the display against Bristol Rovers was shambolic!

My view......

Federici ~ great display with a stunning almost Gordon Banks type push over early in the second half - kicking was not as impressive as usual but still a great weapon. It would be brilliant to keep him but I hear there is little chance after the end of the next loan period. Shame!
Francis ~ a better display although not back to his end of last season form.
Barrett ~ played really well with tackles and headers won and two certain goalbound efforts blocked. Great game.
Clarke ~ not a bad display with even a couple of accurate passes out of defence. Still to see the best of him this season and I hope that once the new contract is settled then we will see him step up his game.
Harding ~ really effective game with some excellent free kicks. The goal was excellent and should give him confidence to have a go at goal more often. We really must do all possible to sign full time!
Robson-Kanu ~ impressed in fits and starts and caused lots of problems when running at their fullback - another whom we have little chance of signing full time and he will be missed after the loan period ends.
Sawyer ~ another all action display not allowing the Leeds midfield any time on the ball, a good display but did make a few wayward passes and tried a few tricks when he began to tire late in the second half which could have proved costly.
Christophe ~ excellent quietly effective player who bossed the midfield with Sawyer against Leeds. Will form a good partnership with Macca once Sawyer goes. He will hold the midfield allowing Macca to push forward. Great news to hear today that Tilly has hopes of a full time signing.
Betsy ~ not convinced by Betsy as he undoubtably has both the skill and speed to beat the fullback then get a cross in but rarely does so preferring to pass back to Francis for the cross into the box. To me he was the least impressive player on the park against Leeds.
Laurent ~ hats off to Tilly, this guy will scare the living daylights out of defences in this standard of football. A great find even if he did only play almost by default due to injury to Dougie and Barney. It will be interesting to see how Tilly works out the conundrum of Laurent, Barney, Dougie and even Revs when all are fit. A great position to be in after the early season concerns!
Revell ~ this is the apology......I really cannot say that I have rated Revs and did feel that the fee we paid for him was excessive and he was a little out of his depth in this division. However his performances in the last two home games have been impressive and you cannot fault the guy for effort. I did not see him against Bristol but I have been very pleasantly suprised by what he did against a good Leeds side. Well done Revs.... I hope we don't push him out on the wing when Robson-Kanu goes and I do feel he improves as the game goes on. He is not an 'impact substitute' type of player so it will be interesting how the four in form strikers go into the two positions available when all are fit! Good luck Tilly!

The competition for places is healthy although I do feel we probably need another defender and possibly a midfield/winger type in the January window especially once Robson-Kanu and Sawyer go back.

We must do all possible go sign Christophe and Harding....go to it Tilly.

Bring on Colchester.......
:cool:

Very impressed with Southend on Tuesday, a well deserved win as we were clearly the better team on the day. Good results against the top two teams although I did hear from someone who travelled that the display against Bristol Rovers was shambolic!

My view......

Federici ~ great display with a stunning almost Gordon Banks type push over early in the second half - kicking was not as impressive as usual but still a great weapon. It would be brilliant to keep him but I hear there is little chance after the end of the next loan period. Shame!
Francis ~ a better display although not back to his end of last season form.
Barrett ~ played really well with tackles and headers won and two certain goalbound efforts blocked. Great game.
Clarke ~ not a bad display with even a couple of accurate passes out of defence. Still to see the best of him this season and I hope that once the new contract is settled then we will see him step up his game.
Harding ~ really effective game with some excellent free kicks. The goal was excellent and should give him confidence to have a go at goal more often. We really must do all possible to sign full time!
Robson-Kanu ~ impressed in fits and starts and caused lots of problems when running at their fullback - another whom we have little chance of signing full time and he will be missed after the loan period ends.
Sawyer ~ another all action display not allowing the Leeds midfield any time on the ball, a good display but did make a few wayward passes and tried a few tricks when he began to tire late in the second half which could have proved costly.
Christophe ~ excellent quietly effective player who bossed the midfield with Sawyer against Leeds. Will form a good partnership with Macca once Sawyer goes. He will hold the midfield allowing Macca to push forward. Great news to hear today that Tilly has hopes of a full time signing.
Betsy ~ not convinced by Betsy as he undoubtably has both the skill and speed to beat the fullback then get a cross in but rarely does so preferring to pass back to Francis for the cross into the box. To me he was the least impressive player on the park against Leeds.
Laurent ~ hats off to Tilly, this guy will scare the living daylights out of defences in this standard of football. A great find even if he did only play almost by default due to injury to Dougie and Barney. It will be interesting to see how Tilly works out the conundrum of Laurent, Barney, Dougie and even Revs when all are fit. A great position to be in after the early season concerns!
Revell ~ this is the apology......I really cannot say that I have rated Revs and did feel that the fee we paid for him was excessive and he was a little out of his depth in this division. However his performances in the last two home games have been impressive and you cannot fault the guy for effort. I did not see him against Bristol but I have been very pleasantly suprised by what he did against a good Leeds side. Well done Revs.... I hope we don't push him out on the wing when Robson-Kanu goes and I do feel he improves as the game goes on. He is not an 'impact substitute' type of player so it will be interesting how the four in form strikers go into the two positions available when all are fit! Good luck Tilly!

The competition for places is healthy although I do feel we probably need another defender and possibly a midfield/winger type in the January window especially once Robson-Kanu and Sawyer go back.

We must do all possible go sign Christophe and Harding....go to it Tilly.

Bring on Colchester.......
:cool:

No I didn't say that, I said we were ferking wee wee poor (the cleaned up version!) Shambolic is too big a word for me!

I cannot believe that you have sat there week in, week out making horse comments about the great Revs. I'm just pleased that Wendy's nagging has got through & that your horse play will cease!;)

Back