• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United under transfer embargo due to money owed to HMRC

I wonder who we'll ground share with in 2021-22 when we're non league?

Those new flats at Roots Hall will be nice though.

Unless we have asked for the case to be adjourned until September, it seems highly unfair that we stay under an embargo till then

Unless we have asked for the case to be adjourned until September, it seems highly unfair that we stay under an embargo till then

Wigan have just been told they can't sign players for 2 years.

The EFL are clamping down on clubs who land themselves in trouble. As a serial offender, I hardly think they'll choose us to go easy on.

Thats not good news, must be doubts wether we will have a full squad for the start of the season, which manager would want the job now

If its been adjourned at our request and we remain embargoed then uncle Ron can just plain **** off. I'll not be renewing my season card. End of.

I'm searching for reasons to be optimistic, but the main one is of course that Southend United Football Club Ltd still exists.

The second one is that if we can somehow get this paid in time for the next hearing, there's nothing to stop us signing players and registering them after the embargo lifts, much as we did in 2010.

There are plenty of footballers out of work at the moment and no, we're not the most attractive option, but neither are we the only club with financial struggles. Even playing for us is better than not playing at all.

The main worry will be if it doesn't get paid in time for the next hearing...

I'm not sure why people expected Ron to just magic up almost three quarters of a million pounds from his back pocket when the club has had no income for four months.

Thats bit good news, must be doubts wether we will have a full squad for the start of the season, which manager would want the job now

How is it good news? It's just continuing to kick the can down the road.

Are HMRC taking interest payments on this?

Ron needs to come out and be clear about the situation.

How is it good news? It's just continuing to kick the can down the road.

Are HMRC taking interest payments on this?

Ron needs to come out and be clear about the situation.

That is the one thing we all need to hear!

The second one is that if we can somehow get this paid in time for the next hearing, there's nothing to stop us signing players and registering them after the embargo lifts, much as we did in 2010.
Last time we relied on Sturrock having contacts that trusted him enough to believe the embargo would be lifted, it was a miracle he managed to get so many players to agree to sign for us. I can't see it happening again especially if we go for an unproven manager.

I think if you have below a certain amount of players you may still be allowed to register more to get up to enough to muster up a team.

We have 17 players on professional deals, who have all played first team football though.

Last time we relied on Sturrock having contacts that trusted him enough to believe the embargo would be lifted, it was a miracle he managed to get so many players to agree to sign for us. I can't see it happening again especially if we go for an unproven manager.

With a lot of clubs trimming their budgets I think we'll be OK.

Back