• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spotify Music - ShrimperZone United

Pubey

Spotify - what is it?

Spotify is a website and small piece of software that allows you to stream high-quality music. It is 100% legal and backed by all the big record companies (although unsurprisingly the Beatles and Metallica aren't on it).

So basically you can type in any artist/album or listen to 'radio playlists' and listen to songs or whole albums. To say this is revolutionary is an understatement

So if you haven't already, go to https://www.spotify.com/en/get-started/ and sign up (for free) and get playing.

ShrimperZone United

Part of Spotify is that you can create collaborative playlists, so much like a DJ set you can pick a load of songs to play. On Spotify you can share this playlist around and other users can add any songs they like, and then listen to the playlist as it expands.

So I've set up a playlist called ShrimperZone United, it means we can listen to songs that we like, or want others to hear.

I've made a couple of rules to try and get this to work well:

1. Don't spam loads of songs, try and add 1 or 2 a day. If it's getting out of hand then I'll have to make stricter rules.

2. Please try to keep it varied, don't just stick to one genre, the great thing about Spotify is that it's excellent for discovering new music.

3. If you want to know more about a song or ask who added something, then use this thread. If you want to make a playlist dedicated to an artist/genre/era, then create it and share the link on here for other to enjoy.

4. Respect other peoples taste in music, once a few songs are up then you can skip tracks if they aren't your cup of tea.

5. Don't just add rubbish for the sake of it, upload songs that you really like.

The link for the playlist is here:

spotify:user:mogwai84:playlist:301RDCvDr7rF3jASVGbZRn

Once you have Spotify up and running, click on this link and it will ask you to open it with Spotify. Then you can listen to the songs in the playlist, or as you are listening to other songs you can right-click and "save to ShrimperZone United" playlist.

Enjoy - let's make some music, kinda!

(idea stolen from DiS)

Last edited:
I have had Spotify for a month or so now, it is the Dogs Danglies....I will add a few choons for the younger members of the Zone such as myself Jon.

3 added Jon...this is a great idea mate and worthy of a "sticky" after the Totty cup is over.

doesn't seem like you need one. just click on the link i posted and sign up from there

Get started
Spotify is currently in an invite-only beta, which means you need to have an invitation token to access the service.

Invitation code: No invitation token provided.

Get started
Spotify is currently in an invite-only beta, which means you need to have an invitation token to access the service.

are you over in the netherlands at the moment, could be the reason. otherwise it worked ok for me last night, and i can get to the registration page again

Logged in, added the playlist and added to it as well.

Going to enjoy this!

Get started

I got the same message yesterday....but received an invite from a kind Zoner yesterday

Hope you do not mind the odd Bowie track on the play list Pubey

I got the same message yesterday....but received an invite from a kind Zoner yesterday

Hope you do not mind the odd Bowie track on the play list Pubey

of course not. the whole point is that people can put up whatever they want, as long as it's music that they're into. once the playlist develops then it should be really good.

the first person to have sex whilst it's playing in the background gets green

of course not. the whole point is that people can put up whatever they want, as long as it's music that they're into. once the playlist develops then it should be really good.

the first person to have sex whilst it's playing in the background gets green

Does a Thomas count?????

Back