• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It is a fair call RC ..we are going to have to differ on this ..There is no budget and never will be ..it is all about the least the owners have to put in to keep and achieve their goals whilst keeping the fans semi happy.

Great post ...are you related to PS?

Errr, are you feeling ok Cricko, or do you have a split personality now? :joke: Just these two replies both appear to be replying to the same post by RC. Is it time for your pills? :chill:

:winking:

correction cricko , what sainsbury give to brady/martin, who then take out management expenses, then pass on the rest, less outstanding court fees, to sturrock

oh **** thats nothing!!

Now I'm really confused, so now you appear to be agreeing that it's the **** financial situation we're in that's to blame not PS? I think I need to lay down...

If you take all the emotion we as fans have out of the equation and then look at the season it's hard to class Sturrock's work as anything other than being a job well done. We are all aware of the situation he walked into and the fact that we're nowhere near the bottom two is highly impressive on Sturrock's part, never mind our brief flirtation with the play offs over recent weeks. It's also something I'm extremely relieved about because having our league status under threat is something that doesn't bear thinking about.

My concern for next year (or lack of optimism) is that I don't see how we'll progress as a club and therefore a team. We'll lose a few players Sturrock doesn't want, but I fear that we'll be unable to replace them with any better. Clearly, there will be no money to spend on players and that's why it's hard to believe we'll be challenging next season.

The squads decent and in a good position to push on, but I simply don't see how we can with Martin in charge and until that changes (if it EVER does) than just how will the team improve? I'm concerned that the impressive job Sturrock's done so far will ultimately be viewed as us treading water, but we can only do that for so long.

Morris possibly
Mohsni , not a chance unless he can sort his head out...Other sides will get him sent off every week or he will be injured.
Barker ..maybe,his pace would let him down though.
Grant...only plays in fits and starts these days so noway.
Hall..Yes.
Sawyer...done very little since he has resigned for us so no
Corr...Noway , the ONLY reason he has scored so many this year is that the rest of the teams in this division are crap.
Ferdinand...No not for a few seasons at least.
Clohessy....Ha Ha ...one of the worst full backs we have ever had at the club.

Don't tell me, with a pre-season these would be world beaters.

As somebody else pointed luggy is running out of excuses for these mediocre players...The table does not lie.

You are so right there John, the table does not lie. It didn't lie last season when we were relegated and it didn't lie the season we were relegated from the championship either. So by your own argument, Tilly and the players he had were not verygood either.

That's a touch harsh John...

Martyn Booty
Paul Roberts
Chris Ramsey
George Parris (OK only once but it was spectacularly awful)
Mark Hone
Mark Beard
Gary Cross
Andy Harris
David McSweeney

are all right backs who I would say Clohessy was better than and that's without starting on the left backs (Steve Collins, Danny Kerrigan, Che Wilson, Johnny Herd... :winking:)

In fact, in my time supporting the Blues I would say the only right backs who were obviously better than Clohessy were Alan Moody, Micky Stead, Lewis Hunt, Justin Edinburgh and Dean Austin.

If we are talking about LB's that were woeful in this conversation, I feel it is my duty to remind everyone of Christian Hyslop

Martyn Booty
Paul Roberts
Chris Ramsey
Mark Hone
Mark Beard
Gary Cross
Andy Harris
David McSweeney

are all right backs who I would say Clohessy was better than and that's without starting on the left backs (Steve Collins, Danny Kerrigan, Che Wilson, Johnny Herd... :winking:)

In fact, in my time supporting the Blues I would say the only right backs who were obviously better than Clohessy were Alan Moody, Micky Stead, Lewis Hunt, Justin Edinburgh and Dean Austin.

Disgraceful! No mention of Paul Roberts!!

You are so right there John, the table does not lie. It didn't lie last season when we were relegated and it didn't lie the season we were relegated from the championship either. So by your own argument, Tilly and the players he had were not verygood either.

Who mentioned Tilly...are you becoming obsessed?

Martyn Booty
Paul Roberts
Chris Ramsey
Mark Hone
Mark Beard
Gary Cross
Andy Harris
David McSweeney

Edinburgh was a left-back wasn't he?

That's a really depressing list of "talent" and you can chuck in a few more like Andy Dixon and Keith Dublin, who I'm sure displayed his versatility by being crap at right-back as well as centre-half and left-back.

Austin and Hunt are the two stand out right-backs from my time watching the Blues. Thought Gary Parkinson (loanee circa 1992) was pretty good and Gary Poole looked decent (not £350,000 decent, mind) until Judas left.

Clohessy has been pretty absymal recently though, a far cry from the player who started the season.

It's simply stating a fact, which seems at odds with your previous assertion. I have no pro or anti Tilly agenda. I can, however, see right through someone who has.

I have no agenda. I was merely taking Cricko's point that Sturrock must be rubbish because of league position. It doesn't matter what division we are in, if we are in the relagation position, it is clear that we are not good enough, no matter who the manager is at the time. Whether that be the managers fault, the players fault or the chairmans fault, it will always be the manager that the buck stops with. On limited resources, Sturrock has done well this season when many on here predicted relegation. We were relegated twice under Tilly, people seem to either forget that or blame Martin for it, that is just the way fans are, such is the hatred for Martin.

I have no agenda. I was merely taking Cricko's point that Sturrock must be rubbish because of league position. It doesn't matter what division we are in, if we are in the relagation position, it is clear that we are not good enough, no matter who the manager is at the time. Whether that be the managers fault, the players fault or the chairmans fault, it will always be the manager that the buck stops with. On limited resources, Sturrock has done well this season when many on here predicted relegation. We were relegated twice under Tilly, people seem to either forget that or blame Martin for it, that is just the way fans are, such is the hatred for Martin.

Although I agree with what your trying to get across, only a small minority seem to blame sturrock for us not getting promoted this season, the majority have accepted that Paul is working with limited resources and the fact we are not in the relegation zone is a great achievement, I find it hard to not partially blame Ron at least

Der!! :blush:

here you go mate!
spazz.gif

(I've been on the lookout for opportunities to use it!)

Back