• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Steve McClaren In Disguise

Thats hardly shaking it up and starting fresh :), just adding one winger.

You put Gower on the right and his goals disappear.

Do you not think Francis has given us some decent width since his returrn, if admittedly he doesnt have that tricky winger skillset?

Scannell isnt fit enough for a full game yet, a subs appearance is perfect when his fitness is against tired legs. He does need more than 5 minutes though....

Yeah i agree Francis has played better on the right wing.

I'd just like to see a more attacking style of play from Southend, fluid passing and attacking flair.

Surely not alot to ask.

Against Leeds i'd start Scannell on the left, and Gower on the right.

We've bought a new left winger, so why not use him.

As Kenny says, he has just come out of non league, his strength and fitness arent up to it. He is much more effective against tired legs in the second half.

Attacking football with flair is great, but its not like Tilson says ok, dont attack much and hoof it about a bit.

We have had a habit of hoof ball a bit this season with Harrold up front but against Yeovil/Bournemouth and Barnsley we played some decent football at times, we just need cutting edge.

Do you not think Francis has given us some decent width since his returrn, if admittedly he doesnt have that tricky winger skillset?

Nay, nay and thrice nay young man!!

I can accept a lot of things in life, but suggesting Simon Francis has added anything to our midfield, aside from a square peg in a very round hole, is not one of them!

I am yet to be convinced he is any good in his actual position, right back allegedly, but right midfield/wing? Nope, sorry, not having it! ;)

However if we can start sacking some of our fans thats something I will get behind. The moron shouting "When you going to buy as a striker" for 10 minutes towards the end of the game with our new striker on the pitch would be first in line....

Lol, that striker was Lee Barnard.

The rule of thumb generally when someone says "This is not a knee-jerk reaction" is that they are about to give you a knee-jerk reaction.

The rule of thumb generally when someone says "This is not a knee-jerk reaction" is that they are about to give you a knee-jerk reaction.

Too bad we can't ressurect TTK 'Time for a change Tilson and Brush out' Thread(it was locked) after 2 League games this season now that really was a belter!

Where are all these people who started these threads? Are they going to admit how wrong they are and that Tilson is the greatest manager in the clubs history(and one of our best ever players) and should be given the freedom of Southend.

I'm sure there'll be another one the next time we go three matches without winning.

If anyone thinks that those of us in the 'Tilly must stay' camp are now gloating then, well, frankly we are.

For the record, in my opinion Steve Tilson becoming manager was the best thing to happen to this club in many, many years. He is integral to us moving forward as a Club and the day that he leaves will be a very sad one. The transformation that this club has undergone since November 2003 speaks for itself and I'm sure I speak for all of us who can see the wood from the trees when I say that I hope it continues for many years to come.

No doubt wiggy will be here in a minute to remind us all how lucky Tilly was that Bailey, McCormack, Barnard, Walker, Mulgrew, Francis, Black, Barrett and the rest all just turned up.

Too bad we can't ressurect TTK 'Time for a change Tilson and Brush out' Thread(it was locked) after 2 League games this season now that really was a belter!

Where are all these people who started these threads? Are they going to admit how wrong they are and that Tilson is the greatest manager in the clubs history(and one of our best ever players) and should be given the freedom of Southend.

If you look when all this anti Ron Martin, Tilly n Brush threads start I just dont comment cos they are all just wind up merchants Im affaid.....

Thank God these so call supporters dont run our club we love....

Ive being supporting Southend for many many years these are the best by far... I hope Ron, Tilly n co stay for the next 40 years :-)

HAPPY DAYS

Last edited:
Was that a chant of 'We're goin up with Tilly & Brush!' I heard the other day v Wallsall (or Walford as Southend radio kept calling them):stunned:

And to think when this thread originally began Tilly and Brush were not fit to manage Col Ewe :thumbdown:

Well I always knew they would make the UNBELIEVERS eat their words!:p

Walking in a Tilly wonderland!:support:

I think these people who were unhappy with Tilly & Brush are youngsters who have not been with the club through the Alvin Martin, Rob Newman, Wignal etc period. They are just naive and dont know anything else other than success so when they dont get it for a couple of games they kick up a fuss.

For me Tilly & Brush have been magnificent and i would not swap them for any manager in the world!!! Along with the fantastic chairman!

Whats the matter with the idiots on here calling for tilly to go..He has done an excellent job so why change?We do play good football a lot of the time & dont always use the long ball unless teams force us to do so.I think people have very short memories of how we used to be & the dire situation we were in 5 years ago,have people got nothing better to do rather than try & put the dampner on things when they are going well..GET A LIFE!!!!!!

I reckon there are more thinking this that are just too afraid to speak out on the issue.

I wouldn't mind losing if we actually play well and see good attacking football, can't say ive seen any this season.

The £340 on a season card this season doesn't represent good value for money based on what decent football i've seen this term.[/QUOTE]

Well dont then, and do us all a favour and save your money, you could prob also save some further cash by not paying for your broadband so we dont have to read your dross either !!

You save cash, we lose all your negativity - Everyone's a winner !!!

I think some think this is a new thread and not 4 months old.... :)

But the comments were still made, and with nothing really to back it up with. This thread should be changed to a "What if Thread" and we can suggest were we would be now if RM and listened to the some of the ridiculous calls from some (minority) and chopped TnB at this time !!

I wonder ......

Back