• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What planet is Sturrock on ? He says our disciplinary record was unacceptable last season yet the **** signs Corr who by all accounts is nothing more than a thug, 3 goals, 3 sendings off last season.

Do all the new members of the Sturrock fan club want their money back ? LMFAO

No, cos if you listened he said that Corr had 'his problems' last year with discipline and he wouldnt stand for that - which is when he went on to talk about our poor discipline last season and how he would seek to improve it.

Did you watch the video or just ready to dismiss anything PS says already?

No, cos if you listened he said that Corr had 'his problems' last year with discipline and he wouldnt stand for that - which is when he went on to talk about our poor discipline last season and how he would seek to improve it.

Did you watch the video or just ready to dismiss anything PS says already?

I think we need a couple of 'bad lads' in the side, over the years we've been far too nice. I'm not for one minute saying we need someone who goes out and breaks legs every week.

McCormack & Maher had poor disciplinary records and were targeted by officials but it was for pettiness more than anything.

Last edited:
Will be interesting to see what trialists we have in the closed door friendly, if they announce or say who.

Is it the lack of boom mic or is that how Sturrock speaks in general?

Thoughts from PS:

Discipline of Southend last season was unacceptable (large fines for stupid cards coming - nobody was fined last year) - so will be something Sturrock will be looking at.

Just thought this was quite funny, but its actually quite a serious issue...

So, Sturrock things its okay for players to be expected to accept not being paid on time for months on end, no one being replaced etc - I would expect that most would people would be p**d off and probably not as committed to the cause as they could have been, so not surprisingly discipline suffered. Tilly was definately on the side of the players, and he would have known exactly what the frustrations in the camp were and clearly decided that fines werent the way to deal with the situation. Anyway, would payment of fines in shoelaces and buttons be okay - cos just in case you werent paying attention, they werent being paid!!

Doesnt bode well so far, people respond better with empathy and fair treatment. Not sure that imposing fines is the way forward; there are loads of other ways of dealing with poor discipline. I am hoping that Sturrock will be able to turn things around, but that might only be the case once most of Tilly's players have gone - there are only a few to go, so that wont take long!

What planet is Sturrock on ? He says our disciplinary record was unacceptable last season yet the **** signs Corr who by all accounts is nothing more than a thug, 3 goals, 3 sendings off last season.

Do all the new members of the Sturrock fan club want their money back ? LMFAO

You're fully behind the new manager I see?

TBH so far I'd give Sturrock10 out of 10. He's no fool, knows the issues, players want to play for him and he clearly has a plan of where he wants to go. Cannot see how anyone so far can be in the slightest bit negative about him.

TBH so far I'd give Sturrock10 out of 10. He's no fool, knows the issues, players want to play for him and he clearly has a plan of where he wants to go. Cannot see how anyone so far can be in the slightest bit negative about him.

I'll wager that many people would answer this question with "because he's not Steve Tilson...." ;)

it's so refreshing how our new manager is taking the stick for all of Ron, Tilly and Brushy's mistakes over the last couple of years, Jeez can some people just give the guy a break, give him a few months to introduce HIS ideas and then maybe judge him..I think he has handled himself and the current situation very professionally and is the kick up the *** this club might just benefit from long term..

I'll wager that many people would answer this question with "because he's not Steve Tilson...." ;)

Indeed. Much as I admire Steve and his acheivements, he did looked tired and worn out after last season. I did wonder whether he had the drive and energy for another year of toil. Whatever you think about RM he is decisive. I never saw this coming and that he's get a manager with such a pedigree as Sturrock. If only he can now sort out the finances.

No i'm not.

Funny how people call Barry Fry a judas for how he handled his move to Birmingham, well tell me, what's the difference with Sturrock ? He clearly had several meetings with Martin over recent weeks and shafted Tilly so for starters his character is is doubt as far as i'm concerned.

No i'm not.

Funny how people call Barry Fry a judas for how he handled his move to Birmingham, well tell me, what's the difference with Sturrock ? He clearly had several meetings with Martin over recent weeks and shafted Tilly so for starters his character is is doubt as far as i'm concerned.

Hear Hear!! Was absolutely disgusted that RM would do this to anyone, let along Tilly after the loyalty he has shown to the club, and I dont think its a good reflection of Sturrock either, because he must have known that Tilson was still in his job whilst the clandestine manouvering was going on. I thought that a change was needed, but I was expecting the change to include some of the players being paid!

Yes, I will get behind the team this season, but I am seriously unimpressed so far. RM has totally lost all credibility in my humble opinion and Sturrock will have to work a few miracles to earn my respect. As far as I am concerned, not a good start!

No i'm not.

Lots of difference, Sturrock wasn't employed by anyone else before and also never said anything publicly regarding the situation.

Hear Hear!! Was absolutely disgusted that RM would do this to anyone, let along Tilly after the loyalty he has shown to the club, and I dont think its a good reflection of Sturrock either, because he must have known that Tilson was still in his job whilst the clandestine manouvering was going on. I thought that a change was needed, but I was expecting the change to include some of the players being paid!

Yes, I will get behind the team this season, but I am seriously unimpressed so far. RM has totally lost all credibility in my humble opinion and Sturrock will have to work a few miracles to earn my respect. As far as I am concerned, not a good start!

That's football and indeed life I'm afraid. It would have been stupid of Ron to sack Tilly without a replacement and equally stupid of Sturrock not to talk to him. I would have had serious doubts about Sturrock if he had got on a moral high horse and refused to speak to Ron because it was "unfair" to Steve. I bet you Tilly as a professional through and through thinks what Sturrock has done is fair enough.

Cant see anything wrong with him doing some training we the club .As long as he does not try up set the rest .But if he tryed that I recon Strurrock will give him the elbow .

As I said on Monday, Tilson may well find himself in the same situation in the near future (being courted for anothers job), its football - and life.

Not nice, but a necessity and I'm sure managers expect it goes on, so I'm sure Steve has little grudge with Sturrock.

Nah, as a free agent, I'm sure he'll pick up a CCC club. Be odd to see Flavs, Barrett and Francis playing for Palace next season. Probably be in some Lg cup 1st round game away at Rochdale, but odd all the same.

It certainly will be odd to see them get a game, reserve team football for them beckons.

Back