• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I don't think it is knee jerk or over the top to condemn a player like Mohsni. We all expect him to get a booking every time he plays which confirms that he is not capable of learning.
Sturrock stated that he was in the last chance saloon, and the facts are that he is a liability. Young players in the squad must be affected by his antics. Sooner or later he costs us points or last night possibly huge sums of money in a game at Anfield.
Mohsni is capable of good things on the pitch but he is not consistent and spends wasted time having a go at colleagues.
He is friendly with fans but it takes a lot more than that to be a good professional. I can only imagine the mood on the bus home last night but at least now we can play 2 games with him nowhere to be seen.
Sturrock plays him up the park because he is not reliable enough in defence, He has probably cost us a money spinning match and he is bound to cost us more games which will impact on any promotion push.
The sooner he goes the better for me. Perhaps he lacks the bottle to play in tough games or he thinks he is "macho" but whatever, I am sick of his antics.Get rid of him now.

Whatever your opinion I don't see what gives you the right to abuse him on Facebook. Mohsni responded to one of the people on Facebook saying that Gilbert refused to shake his hand. I'm not sure what the last bit said, but if I read it right he's saying he was involved in a fight but he did nothing to any of our players. Like I said its hard to understand so don't quote me on that

He's awesome, just let him get on with it. Give him a free roaming role let him cause mischief.

Mohsni :Worthy:

I think the best thing is to take a leaf out of the Sunderland Chairman's book. Bilel is not playing this week so lets get the next few days out of the way to let the dust settle ( also with the match on friday there is a free weekend for Club officials to think this through thoroughly) and then meet up next week to discuss his future. I shall imagine Luggy and Tara would be all for this process but Ron I have my doubts about. When he gets a bee in his bonnet its very hard for him to resonate. Especially when something like £250.000 to £500.000 was there for the taking and subsequently missed out on.

And this time with an increasing view of relieving him of his duties at SUFC mow firmly under serious consideration.

The thing with Mohsni is that he is as likely to get sent off as score a wonder goal. The lad can play, certainly. But he shouldn't have to be subbed every time he gets booked.

His actions last night didn't help but it's harsh to say we lost because of him. We have no idea whether we would have won if he had stayed on the pitch.

I think the main point is that since the 3rd round draw was made the players have had Anfield on their minds. Sturrock even said he has to pull them up in training for talking about ticket allocations! I don't think it's a co-incidence that we have lost 3 matches on the trot since then and as much as I would have loved to have gone to Liverpool maybe we can now concentrate on the most important thing; the league.

As for Bilel, I think he will be listed and someone will certainly take a chance on him in January.

Anyone reading his replies on his Facebook page? Saying Gilbert refused to shake his hand, the Oldham reporter is wrong and reminding them who won games with his goals against Crewe barnet Macclesfield etc etc

Bilel Moshni fan club.

Bilel Moshni fan club.

He will always be a southend utd legend you know that.

Let this go as we need him to push for promotion as ive said before hes a great lads he showed that by just coming to our sons james staines memorial football match.Hes a great asset to our team play him up front and at the back.The refferees are on his back to, also if he would been aloud his dissaload goals you would not be on his back to.Your regret whot you are saying.

Only post Bilel Moshni you are legend please:footballer:

It is a very difficult situation as he has some qualities which he has shown in his time with us in a number of games and position’s.
His attitude and commitment is beyond question in my opininion.

On the down side when he has played in his preferred central defensive position he seems to make too many basic error's.
His disciplinary record both on and off the pitch is really poor and last night for me was just the final straw in catalogue of poor behaviour..
Whilst he could have scored two in the first game let's not forget he also could easily have been sent off when he made a poor tackle when having already been booked before missing a great chance to win it in the final minutes which may have prompted him to stay on the pitch at the final whistle seeming to look for trouble with a couple of Oldham player's.

It saddens me to say this but I feel he has had enough chances now and if possible should be sold in January.
The most important thing is the club as a whole and personally I now feel we may be better of without Mohsni.

I don't think this article helps. It will only heighten Bilel's thinking of having hero worship on his side. maybe this is why he's failed to learn lessons. Because he consistently gets cheered and receives sympathy by a section even when hes in the wrong. It'll create a feeling that he can no wrong so can do what he wishes.

Anyone reading his replies on his Facebook page? Saying Gilbert refused to shake his hand, the Oldham reporter is wrong and reminding them who won games with his goals against Crewe barnet Macclesfield etc etc

To be honest if I was in Gilbert's shoes (or any of the players) last night I wouldn't have shaken his hand either - his throat maybe. The bloke has gone from an asset to a liability. 18 yellow cards and 4 reds in 52 appearances - christ even Macca never had that sort of record. Just looked it up and thats 10 yellows and 2 reds in 23 appearance this season alone. He's learnt nothing about discipline in the 18 months he's been here and I think it's time to move him on - whether there will be any takers remains to be seen.

But as Chemico said, if either of his goals had stood from the first game, last night would not have been necessary. I think the knee jerk reaction from a lot of people is totally over the top. Leave it to Paul Sturrock to sort out.

Is this the same PS you lambasted in an earlier post ? Make your mind up.

Mohsni must think he is able to do whatever he wants. He is a liability and is a disgrace. Likely to be booked in every game he plays.
It is time he was taught a lesson and what better than sacking him.
Let him come on here and explain why he does what he does. It is similar to attention seeking or being a spoilt brat.
Whatever public relation things he does will not hide the other petty stupidity that he regularly displays.
He is being paid to be a football player not act like a spoilt brat thinking everyone has a down on him.
Mohsni a hero , no Mohsni at best is a joke and the sooner he leaves the better.
He needs someone to stand up to him and tell him how pathetic he looks when acting as he does.
Get rid now

I don't think this article helps. It will only heighten Bilel's thinking of having hero worship on his side. maybe this is why he's failed to learn lessons. Because he consistently gets cheered and receives sympathy by a section even when hes in the wrong. It'll create a feeling that he can no wrong so can do what he wishes.

For once I fully agree with you, he's a ****ing liability if he can't stay on the pitch for 90 minutes. SUFC legend my arse.

Stan, Freddy, Spencer Prior, Billy Best, and many many more are SUFC legends, not this bloke.

Bilel Moshni fan club.

He will always be a southend utd legend you know that.

Let this go as we need him to push for promotion as ive said before hes a great lads he showed that by just coming to our sons james staines memorial football match.Hes a great asset to our team play him up front and at the back.The refferees are on his back to, also if he would been aloud his dissaload goals you would not be on his back to.Your regret whot you are saying.

Only post Bilel Moshni you are legend please:footballer:

If it wernt LIVERPOOL away in the next round and it was a pony team you woulnt be coating him off.Think about it.

I listened to the commentary and from what was said at the time of the first foul was that they didn't think it was a booking because the motion of his body meant he couldn't stop in time. That said, he did clip the guys ankle.

Who says we wouldn't have lost with him on the pitch anyway?

If my own team mates wouldn't shake my hand, I'd probably not want to travel on a coach with them either. A team is a team, stick together through good and bad.

So we have lost 3 important games in a row and we need a scapegoat. I wasn't there but the commentary suggested that, although both were bookable offences, most referees wouldn't have booked him for both. I think we have seen an improvement in Bilel and this has been blown out of proportion because of what was at stake. If I was pointing fingers for the last 3 games I'd be pointing at our forwards, particularly Harris.

crikey Spoons I remember you from 606 and you wouldn't have anything said against anyone at the Club. Have you mellowed?

Back