• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

leeblue

Members⭐
So as we are now 100 percent looking at next season I believe a big old clearout is required. I am certainly not looking to start a big slagging off of players just an honest assessment of the team and where they as individuals and as a team have slumped from the team that obtained 83 points last season. I beleive many of the first team are just not good enough tbh. Barker has definitely had it, as good as he was for a large part of last season he has lost a lot of pace/mobility etc and could do with being shown the door.

Smith.......I actually can not nake my mind up, good one week poor the next, probably keep him

Clohessey....as I understand is out of contract and looks like leaving

Cresswell....keep for sure but good CB partner a must

Phillips. ..... has just deteriorated rapidly looks like he has a mistake in him very shaky of late, out tge door

Straker......I believe he has another year to go.........not good enough imo, probably stay

Hurst. .......hot and cold but such an asset when hot....keep

Prosser......has improved keep

Laird.......has suffered with injuries but gas good engine though....keep

Timlin.......quite simply all efforts must be made to keep him his absence has left a gaping chasm in the team

Tomlin.......I understand he is off would keep but not our choice

Corr.......Keep.....love the bloke

Leonard.......never been a fan but he was starting to turn me round a bit......undecided tbh

Eastwood. ....still under contract so probably keep, a decent pre season and who knows

Harris........see Eastwood........same could be said. I do feel for him though, he was never suited sturrocks hoofball and then when style changed was injured.

I am sure there are others I have missed but I fully expect a very different team next season probably a few old pros mixed with a few loanees from browns mates (big sam etc) As always an interesting summer coming up.

Oh wait mohsni......... you know what I wont even go there

Clearing out is one thing, its who we bring in that matters.

Now does Brown have the ability to bring any quality in with no budget ? Time will tell...

Clearing out is one thing, its who we bring in that matters.

Now does Brown have the ability to bring any quality in with no budget ? Time will tell...

Very good point indeed, would be very interested to know if brown has already tapped big sam up tbh (among others) thus saving dough

I really don't care who goes in the summer. Feel very little affection for many of the players as they really don't seen to want to fight for the club.

Given the decision I would keep both Keepers, Cresswell, Hurst, Laird, Timlin, Tomlin, Freddy and BBBC.

Clohessey been dire for moths, Bilel totally lost it, Barker and Harris legs have gone, starker not a footballer, Phillips looks lost to me, Prosser about ok but not hard enough to play centre back, Leonard ineffective.

This is a squad that has got us to mid table in L2 - hardly any sort of achievement.

It doesn't matter who we'd like to keep, most of them simply won't want to be here next season, outside the few still in contract we will have no one left.

I'd keep both 'keepers though I do think Bentley will be here, Phillips, Cresswell, Leonard, Hurst, Laird, Timlin, Tomlin, Corr and Eastwood. Apart from that, rebuild.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I really don't care who goes in the summer. Feel very little affection for many of the players as they really don't seen to want to fight for the club.

Given the decision I would keep both Keepers, Cresswell, Hurst, Laird, Timlin, Tomlin, Freddy and BBBC.

Clohessey been dire for moths, Bilel totally lost it, Barker and Harris legs have gone, starker not a footballer, Phillips looks lost to me, Prosser about ok but not hard enough to play centre back, Leonard ineffective.

This is a squad that has got us to mid table in L2 - hardly any sort of achievement.

Very harsh. Im no expert on other teams players but Im sure he is one of the best fullbacks in this league. Replacing him will be very difficult.

so bassicaly (assuming we can keep gav and sean even though we probably wont) we need a cb, left back, left wing, two cm (one as cover for injuries),a centre forward(maybe a tall one with ball skills) and maybe a keeper and another centre back aswell. Going to be a fun summer

so bassicaly (assuming we can keep gav and sean even though we probably wont) we need a cb, left back, left wing, two cm (one as cover for injuries),a centre forward(maybe a tall one with ball skills) and maybe a keeper and another centre back aswell. Going to be a fun summer

not entirely sure what good a complete overhaul will do when the majority of this squad have at times this season shown they are more than capable of winning games and playing at a standard capable of winning promotion. Granted we have to think back some time.

I think we have seen this year that a lot of the players simply aren't good enough and the new manager gives us a chance to have a good look at what we have got and make changes where necessary. FWIW:

Smith - Keep
Bentley - Keep
Clohessey - Keep (if he wants to stay!)
Cresswell - Keep
Phillip - Leave (pains me to say it but he just doesn't look fit)
Prosser - Keep (backup)
Barker - Leave
Straker - Leave (if can be arranged)
Hurst - Keep
Timlin - Keep
Laird - Keep
Leonard - Keep (backup)
Corr - Keep
Tomlin- Keep
Eastwood - Keep
Harris - Leave
Mohsni - Leave

That leaves us a with a "corr" of 12 players so Brown will probably need to bring 8 more bodies. I assume a majority will be loans but some young, hungry players wouldn't be a bad thing as the remaining squad would be an experienced one

Agree leeblue, we had a squad who were chasing our tails all season after a poor start and seemingly always playing catch up. Yes, the odd Embargo didn't help, yes we had many injuries but for me it was the clear loss of the changing room - maybe I am biased against that French lunatic, but how could Sturrock command respect and instill discipline when he allowed our biggest culprit chance after chance.

We had that one unbeaten run (which had many draws) and a JPT run and aside from that, we were garbage for the remainder of the campaign.

Phil Brown has inherited a squad short of confidence and a sinking ship - allow him the summer and a few months before we judge him. He won't suffer fools, he will have great contacts within the game and will put over his mark from pre season onwards.

Poor Phil Brown has inherited a team of players carrying injuries, down in match fitness and short of confidence. We have loanees who don't give a monkeys, they were here for that Wembley day out and the performances have been woeful from them all. Lund, can't tell you what he has done, Tamika not the same player, Reeves the odd nice bit of play and Assombolonga has been a waste of space since Xmas.

Paul Sturrock is a nice fella, a real football man and did well in his first 18 months but this is a terrible squad with a lack of discipline and hunger for a fight. I will always be thankful for his first season and Wembley but he had his favourites which saw us waste copious amounts of money for a small skint club like ours. Eastwood, Harris, Martin and Benyon would have all be on a fair wedge and he allowed them to practically rot. He gambled on Brian Howard coming in and was left to sign a panicked buy in John Spicer at the last minute, then when injuries struck, our midfield and lack of it killed us October/November time. I don't want to bash Sturrock but people blaming Brown are dissilusional.

So what for this squad. Well we have 8 players we have to keep as contracted for next season - Smith is ok but I am not a fan, Straker is dross - I can't believe Sturrock paid money for him. The rest could form the basis of a good squad for next season, they boast very good experience and if Brown can win their respect, provide them with confidence and get them hungry and fit then added with his signings, I feel we could make a promotion bid next season but please, give him the chance before moaning. These eight players are Smith, Straker, Phillips, Cresswell, Hurst, Laird, Freddy and Harris.

Of the out of contract players, It's clear Clohessy and Tomlin will be off, so for me If I was Brown I would offer Timlin (On recommendations), Corr, Bentley and Prosser a back up contract - the rest can go. Barker leaves with our thanks but it was a year too far for him as we all felt it was when Sturrock awarded him an extension last summer.

As for Mohsni - well, I can't be bothered to even start on the man who I feel destroyed our changing room time and time again. I am appalled so many people afforded him chance after chance - I am just glad that he has been found out with his awful performances since his latest return. Enjoy the dog mess when your back playing park football Bilel.

So best of luck to Phil Brown, you will be a busy boy and maybe in a way, our awful four games under his reign makes his decisions a lot easier for his summer clear out!!!

I would keep Bentley, Clohessey, Cresswell, Phillips, Timlin, Tomlin, Hurst and Corr.

Possibly Laird and Smith. Assombalonga if it was possible.

The rest can leave. Mostly deadwood IMO.

How can you say Leonard is ineffective?

His 8 starts this calendar year we've won 4 and drawn 4 (counting the Wimbledon game as a draw as we were drawing when he went off injured). Not only did he get the winner at Orient but he came on to score the only goal v Oxford.

He's only 20 - that's a year younger than Reeves who he should be starting ahead.

Major surgery this summer.
After 3 years of building the team and trying to improve, RM has gone for knocking it all down and starting again.
An interesting tactic from the owner.

To be honest, when playing Fifa 13, we have no pace at all in this team and I left out Barker, Phillip, Lund, Leonard etc as I know they have nothing to offer me and I had to play a Barca type system to win games on online! For this summer, getting young players who can play at the back and on wing with pace is an must! Maybe a fast forward to replace Tomlin if he leave. I will judge Brown until Xmas to see how it's going.

I imagine it will all depend on the budget he is given for next season and the sort of players he can attract. PS was great at attracting players, he know the lower leagues unfortunately PB doesn't and his record of players coming in and out is quite terrible.

Spent a fair bit at Hull but never made a profit on a player

Smith - Keep
Bentley - Keep
Clohessey - Keep but think he will be off to MK Dons possibly
Cresswell - Keep
Phillips - Hope he stays but after an injury plagued season can't see it
Prosser - Leave
Barker - Leave
Straker - Leave (i'd pay him to go)
Hurst - Keep
Timlin - Keep
Laird - Keep