• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think we have seen this year that a lot of the players simply aren't good enough and the new manager gives us a chance to have a good look at what we have got and make changes where necessary. FWIW:

Smith - Keep
Bentley - Keep
Clohessey - Keep (if he wants to stay!)
Cresswell - Keep
Phillip - Leave (pains me to say it but he just doesn't look fit)
Prosser - Keep (backup)
Barker - Leave
Straker - Leave (if can be arranged)
Hurst - Keep
Timlin - Keep
Laird - Keep
Leonard - Keep (backup)
Corr - Keep
Tomlin- Keep
Eastwood - Keep
Harris - Leave
Mohsni - Leave

That leaves us a with a "corr" of 12 players so Brown will probably need to bring 8 more bodies. I assume a majority will be loans but some young, hungry players wouldn't be a bad thing as the remaining squad would be an experienced one

:bad pun:

Agree with all of this except Harris. Really think that Harris could be a force for us when he gets himself fit and a decent pre season under his belt!

Luggy was brought in for his contacts as well as his reputation!
Let's hope PB has such an address book and they've not all retired.

How, we have gone backwards this season in a big way

Yep, but let's ignore the crippling injury list and the constant embargos that stopped us signing players when we needed them.

Also let's ignore the broken promises pre season around building the Team around a certain CM who we then decided we couldn't afford days before the season started which led to Spicer signing.

Let's also ignore the fact that Barker and Phillips had to play in the JPT when injured as the immediate objective was to get cash in which resulted in longer term injuries that cost League points.

Yes - as a CLUB we have truely gone backwards.

Can we have the team and management back the year before the scum decided not to pay them please?

S Mildenhall
D Dervite
S Francis
P Clarke
A Barrett
A Grant
A McCormack
F Moussa
T Robinson
F Laurent
L Barnard

I imagine it will all depend on the budget he is given for next season and the sort of players he can attract. PS was great at attracting players, he know the lower leagues unfortunately PB doesn't and his record of players coming in and out is quite terrible.

Spent a fair bit at Hull but never made a profit on a player

Smith - Keep
Bentley - Keep
Clohessey - Keep but think he will be off to MK Dons possibly
Cresswell - Keep
Phillips - Hope he stays but after an injury plagued season can't see it
Prosser - Leave
Barker - Leave
Straker - Leave (i'd pay him to go)
Hurst - Keep
Timlin - Keep
Laird - Keep
Leonard - Keep
Corr - Keep
Tomlin- Keep
Eastwood - Keep
Harris - Keep
Mohsni - Leave
Benyon - Leave
Woodyard - Keep

Agree with most of that - but what about Spillane?

Can we have the team and management back the year before the scum decided not to pay them please?

S Mildenhall
D Dervite
S Francis
P Clarke
A Barrett
A Grant
A McCormack
F Moussa
T Robinson
F Laurent
L Barnard

Just goes to show how far our squad has deteriorated!

What I'd like to see happen with regards to those whose contracts are up this summer;

Bentley - Keep
Clohessy - Keep
Barker - Leave
Prosser - Leave
Coughlan - Retire and move to full time Assistant manager role
Timlin - Keep
Woodyard - Keep
Leonard - Keep
Spicer - Leave
Spillane - Keep
Benyon - Leave
Corr - Keep
Tomlin - Keep
Njie - Keep

Then sell Harris and Straker. Would give us to build on;

GK; Smith, Bentley and Chambers
DEF: Clohessy, Phillips and Cresswell.
MID: Timlin, Woodyard, Leonard. Hurst, Laird and Spillane
FWD: Corr, Tomlin, Eastwood and Njie.

With that team I'd loan out Chambers and Njie and then bring in a striker or two on loan. Biggest problem will be defence, will need at least 5 new bodies.

What I think will happen will be completely different as we see our budget restrict us badly and our best players leave and the worst players kept on as they're cheaper.

What I'd like to see happen with regards to those whose contracts are up this summer;Bentley - KeepClohessy - KeepBarker - LeaveProsser - LeaveCoughlan - Retire and move to full time Assistant manager roleTimlin - KeepWoodyard - KeepLeonard - KeepSpicer - LeaveSpillane - KeepBenyon - LeaveCorr - KeepTomlin - KeepNjie - KeepThen sell Harris and Straker. Would give us to build on;GK; Smith, Bentley and ChambersDEF: Clohessy, Phillips and Cresswell.MID: Timlin, Woodyard, Leonard. Hurst, Laird and SpillaneFWD: Corr, Tomlin, Eastwood and Njie. With that team I'd loan out Chambers and Njie and then bring in a striker or two on loan. Biggest problem will be defence, will need at least 5 new bodies.What I think will happen will be completely different as we see our budget restrict us badly and our best players leave and the worst players kept on as they're cheaper.
for those whose contracts are up id agree with this but keep prosser and get rid of woodyard, heard good things about him but i am sorry to say a have seen jack **** even though there will be the excuse of hes young

S Mildenhall
D Dervite
S Francis
P Clarke
A Barrett
A Grant
A McCormack
F Moussa
T Robinson
F Laurent
L Barnard

Whether or not your paid on time does not affect your effort, pride, desire and ability on a football pitch. A lot of that side you mentioned went down without a whimper in our relegation season

This is the worst squad we have had since 1999 when Alan Little was manager. Would like to see Bentley, Cresswell, Clohessey, Leonard, Timlin, Hurst and Corr stay not too bothered if any of the others leave.

for those whose contracts are up id agree with this but keep prosser and get rid of woodyard, heard good things about him but i am sorry to say a have seen jack **** even though there will be the excuse of hes young

We'll probably keep Woodyard because he's young and won't be on anywhere near as much as the other players I'd think/hope.

What I'd like to see happen with regards to those whose contracts are up this summer;

Bentley - Keep
Clohessy - Keep
Barker - Leave
Prosser - Leave
Coughlan - Retire and move to full time Assistant manager role
Timlin - Keep
Woodyard - Keep
Leonard - Keep
Spicer - Leave
Spillane - Keep
Benyon - Leave
Corr - Keep
Tomlin - Keep
Njie - Keep

Then sell Harris and Straker. Would give us to build on;

GK; Smith, Bentley and Chambers
DEF: Clohessy, Phillips and Cresswell.
MID: Timlin, Woodyard, Leonard. Hurst, Laird and Spillane
FWD: Corr, Tomlin, Eastwood and Njie.

With that team I'd loan out Chambers and Njie and then bring in a striker or two on loan. Biggest problem will be defence, will need at least 5 new bodies.

What I think will happen will be completely different as we see our budget restrict us badly and our best players leave and the worst players kept on as they're cheaper.

Harris is still under contract for another year and doubt he will go anywhere, PB likes to have a journeyman within his side and like he said when he come to the club he see's Harris as his Dean Windass

Whether or not your paid on time does not affect your effort, pride, desire and ability on a football pitch. A lot of that side you mentioned went down without a whimper in our relegation season

Yet them same players gave their all attempting to get us in the playoffs in league 1. The players now arent good enough when they try and its only the fact that we had a half decent first half of the season or we would be looking at relegation without a wimper since the turn of 2013.

r u lot jokin neil harris is r best player and will get us promoted nxt season we just need a better manager then brown cos he is as bad as sturrock the clueless idiot mayb harris can be plaer manager hopefully . i just want us 2 get promoted sooooo bad

To be honest, when playing Fifa 13, we have no pace at all in this team and I left out Barker, Phillip, Lund, Leonard etc as I know they have nothing to offer me and I had to play a Barca type system to win games on online!

Jesus ****in' Christ.

r u lot jokin neil harris is r best player and will get us promoted nxt season we just need a better manager then brown cos he is as bad as sturrock the clueless idiot mayb harris can be plaer manager hopefully . i just want us 2 get promoted sooooo bad

No, you need school to restart so that you can get back to your English lesson soooo bad.

not so much who to let go but what positions do we need filled by players capable of helping us mount a decent promotion challenge, 2 central defenders ,a left back,2 central midfielders are a must.If Clohessy leaves a right back, Timlin if stays can play the left midfield ,Tomlin has gone so another decent striker. We have 3 keepers so are okay in that position.Leonard we should keep and Corr,Eastwood and Harris,Hurst and Laird,Cresswell, the rest as far as im concerned bid AU REVOIR too.Ive already stated i believe its 100% certain Mohsni will leave.

To be honest, when playing Fifa 13, we have no pace at all in this team and I left out Barker, Phillip, Lund, Leonard etc as I know they have nothing to offer me and I had to play a Barca type system to win games on online! For this summer, getting young players who can play at the back and on wing with pace is an must! Maybe a fast forward to replace Tomlin if he leave. I will judge Brown until Xmas to see how it's going.

Myself, I play a Sturrock like style, gunt it as long and high as possible, and let 5' 6" forwards feed off the scraps. It works well for half a season and then I get sussed out and it all goes to rat ****.

Back