• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Bumped into a couple of our loan signings from last season last night whilst they are on holiday. One will likely be joining and one is hoping their parent club will negotiate with Ron.

Good news.

Bumped into a couple of our loan signings from last season last night whilst they are on holiday. One will likely be joining and one is hoping their parent club will negotiate with Ron.

Good news.

I bet neither of them is Harry Bunn.....

I guess a lot depends on formation. If you play Cox just behind a front pairing of Hopper and Humphrys, then you can't really play with wingers. You really need to stick with the 352/532 formation we have used last season.

If you just stick with a front pairing and a straight 4 in midfield then you can use wingers

I'd happily do it either way. Happy for Cox to sit in a midfield 4 and be the attacking midfielder. Then you have Dru, Mantom or A N other as the holding midfielder and Kiernan can sit at CB.

Dru can also attack with pace, he is better doing that than holding in my opinion. Maybe rotate the strikers and use Dru behind. So many variables.

Whatever happens, I want to see Sam Barratt given a role to play

Good news.

Hart and/or Taylor Moore will be fantastic. Bunn is O.K. but underwhelming. Would need to up his game and consistency. Also injury prone, which we've all had enough of.

We need two good tall strong commanding centre backs - just like Luton signed last summer Bradley and Pearson. One has to be at least 6ft 3in tall. Lennon has done nothing to convince me that he fits the bill nor has Kiernan really shown that he is at the level before he got injured.

Conceding 34 goals at home was criminal - we need to tighten up considerably.

We need two good tall strong commanding centre backs - just like Luton signed last summer Bradley and Pearson. One has to be at least 6ft 3in tall. Lennon has done nothing to convince me that he fits the bill nor has Kiernan really shown that he is at the level before he got injured.

They were certainly the best paring in L1 last season. My sort of CB's....Forget PL punditry about playing the ball out from the back in L1, just have some no nonsense commanding lads who look forward to spoiling the oppos number 9 and 10's day. Which they did to Humphrys on his home debut after such an impressive start at Bradford......Then chip in with a few goals from set pieces and your in business.

Having said all that, they are easy to spot but as CP found out when he tried to sign Bradley getting them to RH is the problem.

Couldn't agree more with this.

Good news.
Which two were they then @Dubai ?

Chris Powell was trying to sign Sonny Bradley from Plymouth, shame he chose Luton.

Just thinking about where Bond will strengthen next season, if we go for 2 players (excluding youth teamers) for each position we can currently call on the following:

Oxley
Bishop

Demitriou Kiernan Lennon ?????
Bwomono White Kyprioanou ?????

McLaughlin Dieng Mantom Kightly
?????? Yearwood Klass Barratt

Cox Humphrys
Hopper Robinson

So I would suggest we need at least one left back, one centre back, another wide man (with some pace please!). Possibly also a centre midfielder if he's worried about Klass and Yearwood being too young (and Dieng too unreliable)

Three/Four decent first team level signings, maybe one more if Robinson goes to Swindon (although he may feel with Acquah and Kelman waiting in the wings, we may be OK).

It's not a wholesale squad overhaul, just some strategic signings in key areas

Last edited:
You seem to have forgotten Rob Kiernan. Suggest he would be the missing centre back.

Just realised that! Now edited, I guess the question is IF they are all fit, do we need another one? I would suggest we need a dominant one like Michael Turner was in his prime

Apparently, Josh Morris scored 37 goals from midfield for Scunthorpe during the last three seasons in 125 games. I wonder why he is being released?

Maybe it was due to what he done in the game against Plymouth. The club chairman was embarrised by what he did..

Maybe it was due to what he done in the game against Plymouth. The club chairman was embarrised by what he did..

What I don't get from that incident, is why Scunthorpe didn't allow Plymouth to score - whole club is to blame for that!!

Yes, the Chairman was furious and embarrassed. But they desperately wanted him to stay. He was offered an improved contract it was announced,(I think to let the fans know they tried), but he want's to leave for a bigger club, and a lot more money.

Back