• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

I’d be surprised if we manage to sign Taylor Moore. They bought him for 1.5 million from Lens and he’s still young and showing promise. Another loan would be excellent and much more likely

Bristol City are in the money with Bournemouth snapping up Lloyd Kelly yesterday for a mere £13 million, maybe they will need less cash for Taylor Moore?
It's incredible how AFC Bournemouth (who to my mind, just like Reading and Wigan, will always be a lower division team) can splash that sort of money around.
The world turned upside down.

Quite like the look of Conor McKendry who has just been released by Ipswich.

I imagine that he would be quite cheap and is already relatively local?

Worry that at 20 he never made it in to a struggling team who will be at the same level as us next season - are highlights reels any real indication of a player?

Definitely not disagreeing that we need another CM (although it's less of a priority than other areas of the pitch) - however I'm debating whether McCormack is the answer.

Take away the emotional conection to AM, would he be someone people would be suggesting if had never pulled on a southend shirt before? I hope in the most part people would say no. therefore for me McCormack isn't the answer

Let's not forget that Bond dropped Moore from the team for one of the games because he felt Moore wasn't physical enough.

Does the manager really rate him as highly as we all do?

It's incredible how AFC Bournemouth (who to my mind, just like Reading and Wigan, will always be a lower division team) can splash that sort of money around.
I guess what we need is a Russian oligarch with more money than sense.

Definitely not disagreeing that we need another CM (although it's less of a priority than other areas of the pitch) - however I'm debating whether McCormack is the answer.

McCormack definitely isn't the answer :Smile:

I’d like us to stop signing ex players. Fair enough the guys who’ve been on loan like Moore and Hart. Players like McCormack who haven’t played for us for ages, no thank you. Even Jack Payne he had one good season, got billy big bollocks got his move and then hasn’t played much above our level since his first season at Huddersfield.

I’d like to see some signings that haven’t had links with us before. Fresh meat, some that will have the passion and commitment of the likes of Cox.

When you consider Bournemouth received as a Premier League club in excess of £111 mln in 2017/18 and probably similar last season it’s not that incredible.

Probably been said before but I wonder if Bournemouth have any players we could loan?

Quite like the look of Conor McKendry who has just been released by Ipswich.

I imagine that he would be quite cheap and is already relatively local?

Worry that at 20 he never made it in to a struggling team who will be at the same level as us next season - are highlights reels any real indication of a player?

The problem with a highlights reel is that is doesn’t show what the player can’t or doesn’t do.....only what he does.....at just 20 he’s been released for a reason??

It shows a player at his best but with no context of opposition, scoreline, game situation.....those highlights look like they were in the main, from his u18s days!

Also, his DoB shows he’s 18 months older than Hutchinson.....who looks like he plays an identical position (mainly CM but also used as a winger) who already has a dozen first team appearances....

He’s also 5’7” (170cm - which may be why he’s being released or not made the first team?) whereas Hutchinson is 6’3” and physicality in these leagues like it or not is vital.

In my opinion we need to be very careful not to overlook what we already have under our noses simply to be seen to be active...

I’d be surprised if we manage to sign Taylor Moore. They bought him for 1.5 million from Lens and he’s still young and showing promise. Another loan would be excellent and much more likely

Is he showing Championship promise?

If they keep him this season the most likely scenario is a year out on loan in League One and then they let him walk at the end of it. Might as well take a nominal transfer fee for him now, insert a large sell-on clause and save on a year's wages.

are highlights reels any real indication of a player?

No.

Brennan Dickenson

Where are you hearing that from?

Out of contract, relatively local could be a realistic target. Had a good season for Col Ewe a couple of seasons ago but was on the peripharary this last year. I wonder if we'd need to off-load one of Kightly or McLaughlin or if we'd be looking at him as a left-back?

The problem with a highlights reel is that is doesn’t show what the player can’t or doesn’t do.....only what he does.....at just 20 he’s been released for a reason??

It shows a player at his best but with no context of opposition, scoreline, game situation.....those highlights look like they were in the main, from his u18s days!

Also, his DoB shows he’s 18 months older than Hutchinson.....who looks like he plays an identical position (mainly CM but also used as a winger) who already has a dozen first team appearances....

He’s also 5’7” (170cm - which may be why he’s being released or not made the first team?) whereas Hutchinson is 6’3” and physicality in these leagues like it or not is vital.

In my opinion we need to be very careful not to overlook what we already have under our noses simply to be seen to be active...

Who can forget the Connor Clifford highlights reel... what a disappointment

Presumably Keen will have good contact with Dickenson.

Good thinking but Keen was sacked in April 2016 and Dickenson joined them July 2016.

Dickenson started out at Southampton and whilst Bond may have chanced across him as a 12 year old, I suspect it's more a Southampton youth coach contact.

Dickenson has a few more Southend connections - he was signed for Gillingham by Spud and then played under Justin Edinburgh there.

Dickenson may also be agent talk to get him a better Col U deal?

Always a possibility but this seems a bit more likely than most rumours not least as he'd fit in well as he missed most of the 2017/18 season after rupturing his ACL.

Back