• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

Is he showing Championship promise?

If they keep him this season the most likely scenario is a year out on loan in League One and then they let him walk at the end of it. Might as well take a nominal transfer fee for him now, insert a large sell-on clause and save on a year's wages.

No.

Where are you hearing that from?

Out of contract, relatively local could be a realistic target. Had a good season for Col Ewe a couple of seasons ago but was on the peripharary this last year. I wonder if we'd need to off-load one of Kightly or McLaughlin or if we'd be looking at him as a left-back?
Re - Taylor Moore...quite possibly. I think this is a big season for him, if he improves from the season just passed then who knows? They may offer him a new, improved deal. I guess Lee Johnson will probably know more once he’s seen him during pre-season.
Love to have him back here though. Seems like a smart and loyal guy. Not to mention a very decent footballer.

If we are going to play a 3-5-2 next season (eminently sensible with the type of players we have in midfield), Dickenson would not be a bad shout at all as a wing-back.

Re - Taylor Moore...quite possibly. I think this is a big season for him, if he improves from the season just passed then who knows? They may offer him a new, improved deal. I guess Lee Johnson will probably know more once he’s seen him during pre-season.
Love to have him back here though. Seems like a smart and loyal guy. Not to mention a very decent footballer.

He will have been watched by Bristol City in every game he played for us, so they may well have decided all ready.

Personally I don't think he is strong enough, or tall enough to be a Championship CB. Even in L1 he has struggled..... But he has pace, reads the game well and can cover both sides at full back. He knows the players and Bond knows him so we shall see.

Your right he seems a good lad with the right attitude and wants to play football. I
do think he could make a good sweeper rather than a marker at the back and Southend would be a good choice career wise for him this summer.

I make you spot on with your assessment there Rigsby. Personally I wouldn't be too fussed if we weren't able to sign young Taylor. I prefer my centre backs to be taller and stronger. White and Moore have both been found wanting when up against opposition target men

I make you spot on with your assessment there Rigsby. Personally I wouldn't be too fussed if we weren't able to sign young Taylor. I prefer my centre backs to be taller and stronger. White and Moore have both been found wanting when up against opposition target men

Yes when CP made the mistake of dropping Turner for Shrewsbury away, as a reaction to losing against Posh. A very average but strong target man by the name of Lee Angol managed to bully our back 4 with ease because the two CB's were White and Moore.

I think the next game was Fleetwood at home where Turner was back in and CP switched to 3 CB's for the first time last season. I felt then that CP was changing his mistake but not quite admitting it.

They paid £1.5m..

Yeah but they have made 30+ million in player sales the last few seasons.

You win some and you lose some. He won't break into there first team and he needs football. They definately won't be getting there money back.

The Stoke Sentinel has produced a handy list of all the players released by EFL clubs. In terms of left-backs, the names that stand out are Tommy Spurr, Danny Lafferty, Adam Chicksen and Zeki Fryers.
Spurr at 31, having played 4 games for Fleetwood and then suffered a season ending injury in November isn't what I'd be after and I recall Bradford fans couldn't wait to see the back of Chicksen.

Other two could be interesting options I'd think though.

It's all well and good looking at L1 cast offs but when was the last time our South American scouting network unearthed a rough diamond? Just saying.

Spurr at 31, having played 4 games for Fleetwood and then suffered a season ending injury in November isn't what I'd be after and I recall Bradford fans couldn't wait to see the back of Chicksen.

Other two could be interesting options I'd think though.

And look at how it’s worked out with the last player we took off of Bradford

SAM Hart would not be against returning to Southend United but says his future is currently not open for debate.

Sadly Sam is a bit too good for us, I'd have thought. Nice of him to say otherwise though. Maybe Ron can find the money behind the cushions on his DVD sofa.

I really don’t know if either Hart or Moore are feasible options to return, but these are exactly the sort of players we should be going for. Young, plenty of ability and plenty of promise. Can grow and develop with the club and are on the up in their careers. They may cost us money now, but could well provide very decent re-sale value in the future too.

I really don’t know if either Hart or Moore are feasible options to return, but these are exactly the sort of players we should be going for. Young, plenty of ability and plenty of promise. Can grow and develop with the club and are on the up in their careers. They may cost us money now, but could well provide very decent re-sale value in the future too.

They are trying to get them both back.

Back