• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2019

A Bristol City mate of of mine has just messaged me saying he’s heard Taylor Moore has signed for us.... source for the Goodship news was more solid but seems convenient he posted those photos.. We’ll see..

A Bristol City mate of of mine has just messaged me saying he’s heard Taylor Moore has signed for us.... source for the Goodship news was more solid but seems convenient he posted those photos.. We’ll see..

You were right about Brandon Goodship Jim so trusting you on this one too ! Really hoping it is true.

Taylor Moore would be a great signing! If we could get Hart in too that would be some excellent business.

This was on twitter earlier.....

Attachments

• B99753F7-8DD3-4F8C-9808-4E889D7D31E3.png
    B99753F7-8DD3-4F8C-9808-4E889D7D31E3.png
    184.2 KB · Views: 366
We can’t see the link @Rootshallbloke it takes us to a login page - we can browse to threads though from the main homepage if you let us know what thread you are referring to?
It's a thread building up quite a head of steam. This the first post that kicked it off.

On his way back to Southend on a permanent deal. Announced imminently.

John White will always be marmite to everyone on here. The conversation regarding his worth has been identical for the last 3/4 seasons now. I'm firmly in the 'keep him' camp because he can do a job for us wherever he plays. The opinion that he's not FL1 quality is, quite frankly, not evidenced by our last three managers team selections, where he has always managed to muscle his way into the starting 11 and stay there when fit. It may be now that we don't want to pay him as much as he thinks he is worth, after all, at 32 he doesn't have that many seasons left in him. I say keep him, but at the end of the day it will be down to Ron, John and Kevin to finaise whatever contract discussions are going on. (I might just copy and paste this ready for next year's JW debate).
I don't think it's particularly accurate to refer to the views on JW as 'marmite'. There are clearly some people who love JW, and then there are those who question certain things and they're labelled as negative or haters. I think everyone has seen him enough to know what he brings (good and bad) and I doubt many people are against him being part of the squad, but I'd argue he should be a squad player at best and paid as one, because we should be looking for first XI CB options with potential, and JW isn't one of them (IMO). If he ends up staying, them I'm sure he'll be a great influence on the squad, train hard, and step in if needed, but I really don't want us to be starting the season with him in our defence, we need to be pushing on from that.

If we sign Taylor Moore (which everyone seems to reckon we will), where does that leave John White?

Isn't Moore the younger, quicker (and better?) version of White?

If we sign Taylor Moore (which everyone seems to reckon we will), where does that leave John White?

Isn't Moore the younger, quicker (and better?) version of White?

The only thing Moore doesn't yet have is the ability to score at set pieces, something that John White is quite good at. His improvised goal against Sunderland was a joy to watch

I don't think it's particularly accurate to refer to the views on JW as 'marmite'. There are clearly some people who love JW, and then there are those who question certain things and they're labelled as negative or haters. I think everyone has seen him enough to know what he brings (good and bad) and I doubt many people are against him being part of the squad, but I'd argue he should be a squad player at best and paid as one, because we should be looking for first XI CB options with potential, and JW isn't one of them (IMO). If he ends up staying, them I'm sure he'll be a great influence on the squad, train hard, and step in if needed, but I really don't want us to be starting the season with him in our defence, we need to be pushing on from that.

White is a lot like Prosser. Everyone notices the bad things but not the good things.

If he does sign I feel he would do best alongside an experienced dominant in the air type centre half. Bit like when Thompson played well with Ferdinand.

Back