• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Anyone care to explain how the contract signings of the youngsters, or, potentially, out of contract players works if we're still under the embargo? I'm assuming that they all needed to be signed before contracts expire, so, presumably, end of today?

Anyone care to explain how the contract signings of the youngsters, or, potentially, out of contract players works if we're still under the embargo? I'm assuming that they all needed to be signed before contracts expire, so, presumably, end of today?
I think embargoes prevent players being registered. So players already here and registered are fine and there is no issue extending or renewing.

I guess a new player or non contact player could sign a contract but you would not be able to register them until the embargo was lifted.

So someone signing in itself does not definitely mean there is no embargo, but also being able to register them would.

This is my understanding but happy to be corrected

They're already registered as players so are free to sign new contracts. We just can't register new players.

Thanks, but neither of you have quite addressed those whose contracts expire today, which is what I was getting at. Once we move into July, do those registrations automatically revoke as their contracts expire?

Thanks, but neither of you have quite addressed those whose contracts expire today, which is what I was getting at. Once we move into July, do those registrations automatically revoke as their contracts expire?
May be wrong but I believe that they remain “attached”/registered to the club until either the club officially releases them or the player decides to leave. So in our case currently, the club has released Hyam for example, so if he were now to re-sign on a new deal he’d have to be registered again, whereas White could sign a new deal and wouldn’t need to be registered again.

May be wrong but I believe that they remain “attached”/registered to the club until either the club officially releases them or the player decides to leave. So in our case currently, the club has released Hyam for example, so if he were now to re-sign on a new deal he’d have to be registered again, whereas White could sign a new deal and wouldn’t need to be registered again.
My understanding too

Yes I think this is pretty much it. So, if a youngster were to fail to agree terms for a new contract, but one had been offered, by end of today they would be out of contract but we would continue to hold their registration.

As an out of contract player they could sign for someone else but the complication would be that the new club would need to agree a fee with us (even if that was zero i.e a free) or risk the tribunal. In the current climate any such club, particularly at the lower levels, would want to ensure this was agreed up front. They would not be able to register the player without the clubs agreeing terms.

With hundreds of experienced players released I doubt any youngster, except the most talented and certain of a contract elsewhere, would turn down a contract offer. There would be every chance of ending up in non-league.. This where agents should be sharing wise words.

Yes I think this is pretty much it. So, if a youngster were to fail to agree terms for a new contract, but one had been offered, by end of today they would be out of contract but we would continue to hold their registration.

As an out of contract player they could sign for someone else but the complication would be that the new club would need to agree a fee with us (even if that was zero i.e a free) or risk the tribunal. In the current climate any such club, particularly at the lower levels, would want to ensure this was agreed up front. They would not be able to register the player without the clubs agreeing terms.

With hundreds of experienced players released I doubt any youngster, except the most talented and certain of a contract elsewhere, would turn down a contract offer. There would be every chance of ending up in non-league.. This where agents should be sharing wise words.

Does this only apply though if we’ve made them a contract offer on at least as good terms as they were on?

In the case of John White, we’ll be offering reduced terms, so will we retain his registration to avoid getting round the fact that we’re in at least month 6 of embargo and unable to register players?

Does this only apply though if we’ve made them a contract offer on at least as good terms as they were on?

In the case of John White, we’ll be offering reduced terms, so will we retain his registration to avoid getting round the fact that we’re in at least month 6 of embargo and unable to register players?
As far as I understand it we can continue to hold his registration. Obviously if he signed somewhere else we would have no option but to release.

There was something about reduced terms but was that not regarding players u24? I.e. if you moved u24, and had been offered a new contract but on reduced terms, the rules on fees/tribunal didn't apply? Not sure.

I think its all buried in here (excellent remedy for insomnia..)

He isn't good enough and his wages are more than likely higher than is required. Let him go

Reactions: GBJ
Back