• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

All this talk of £750k, £1m, £1.5m, we are a selling club with no competition from other interested buyers, a player who will want to leave with only a season left on his contract (and probably not a full season at that with the way the season could extend), we don't truly know if games will start again soon, probably without fans, we haven't paid players on time and are in dire straits financially and coming into the biggest financial recession of a lifetime, we will be lucky if we get £250k. Sorry for the negativity but that's lower division football transfers now and we have the worst set of circumstances.

We are all making the assumption that Charlie wants to leave. He is 18 years old and has family locally. He may decide to play and get games. There is plenty of time for him to get goals and move later.

It's a big move to Wales let alone the States. Yes I know he grew up there but its a massive country for an 18 year old to move to on his own.

Maybe our new manager who works with youth can talk him round.

We are all making the assumption that Charlie wants to leave. He is 18 years old and has family locally. He may decide to play and get games. There is plenty of time for him to get goals and move later.

It's a big move to Wales let alone the States. Yes I know he grew up there but its a massive country for an 18 year old to move to on his own.

I don’t think it’s an assumption.

If the prospect of losing Kelman was bad enough on a Sunday evening, just been told that Stephen Humphrys transfer out of the club is now imminent...

I hope he does well if he goes, since his injury he hasn't looked the same player. He's got some real potential and maybe a change of scenery is what he needs to kick on.

That is easily the most optimistic post I’ve ever read on here.

If Kelman and Hump leave that will knock a few more off the season ticket renewals.

Do you honestly think that is the case! They released the greatest player of all time back in 2002, I still renewed! Players and staff shouldn’t affect your decision to have a season ticket. Financial, Heath and personal reasons should be the only reason you don’t renew. Can you honestly call yourself a supporter of you don’t renew because two of our better players left!

Does the club even want him to stay? The money might be considered more valuable given the current situation.

Do you honestly think that is the case! They released the greatest player of all time back in 2002, I still renewed! Players and staff shouldn’t affect your decision to have a season ticket. Financial, Heath and personal reasons should be the only reason you don’t renew. Can you honestly call yourself a supporter of you don’t renew because two of our better players left!

If it was 2 of our better players leaving of course not. but we have lost lots of first teamers recently and rightly so as most of them were not performing. But here we have a couple of players to look forward to. Apparently we are on the cusp of a new dawn according to Ron with aspirations of championship football, we need to build around our better young players.

I would still call myself a supporter of the club even if I only attended one match a year.

If it was 2 of our better players leaving of course not. but we have lost lots of first teamers recently and rightly so as most of them were not performing. But here we have a couple of players to look forward to. Apparently we are on the cusp of a new dawn according to Ron with aspirations of championship football, we need to build around our better young players.

I would still call myself a supporter of the club even if I only attended one match a year.

I’m not doubting that, what I’m saying is why would two players not being here stop people renewing their season ticket!

Back