• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

I believe the £600k figure was first mentioned by that weird c*** who does the TC9 account on Twitter.

He’s also said in the past that Currie had signed the deal to be our new manager, Barrow had a £50k bid accepted for Hump and Brentford had a £500k bid accepted for Elvis.

The guy’s a helmet.

Gets one right "Follow me for scoops"

Someone should check his PC

There was a rumour on that Twitter account Brentford had offered £150K for our young highly rated midfielder Kwame Poku they had just spent £6 million on Toney from POSH, now there is a club who know how to squeeze out a profit!

There was a rumour on that Twitter account Brentford had offered £150K for our young highly rated midfielder Kwame Poku they had just spent £6 million on Toney from POSH, now there is a club who know how to squeeze out a profit!

Their reputation probably helps, most of their players have gone on to do pretty well at higher levels. Barry Fry and their chairman know exactly what they’re doing.

Their reputation probably helps, most of their players have gone on to do pretty well at higher levels. Barry Fry and their chairman know exactly what they’re doing.
Plus Toney scored 24 league goals in 32 matches last season which is a ridiculous rate (the second top scorer last season only managed 15 goals).

Plus Toney scored 24 league goals in 32 matches last season which is a ridiculous rate (the second top scorer last season only managed 15 goals).

Yeah that helps! But my point was their star players seem to go for more money than a lot of other clubs. Would they have got £1.5m for Freddy Eastwood had he played for them and did what he did here there?

Yeah that helps! But my point was their star players seem to go for more money than a lot of other clubs. Would they have got £1.5m for Freddy Eastwood had he played for them and did what he did here there?

They are very good at what they do, they were after Szmodics from us and may well still sign him from Bristol City as things are not working out for him at Bristol. They also purchased Frankie Kent from us because they knew there was decent potential to further develop their talents and sell them on for big profits.

Seems they also know how to play to their strengths, by doing that they will shine and their transfer worth will grow .

At least Ron is finally pursuing some aspects of the highly successful business models of Brentford and Peterborough. Great academy development, try to keep a bunch of youngsters together for 3 years, bring in a young and hungry Manager and his team, change recruitment efforts etc., nobble more players from lower leagues ? Its a start

At least Ron is finally pursuing some aspects of the highly successful business models of Brentford and Peterborough. Great academy development, try to keep a bunch of youngsters together for 3 years, bring in a young and hungry Manager and his team, change recruitment efforts etc., nobble more players from lower leagues ? Its a start

The diamonds they mine are anything but rough....Its far easier to polish a diamond that costs you £6m and £1.2m than it is ones you find for free down in somewhere like Weymouth.

The diamonds they mine are anything but rough....Its far easier to polish a diamond that costs you £6m and £1.2m than it is ones you find for free down in somewhere like Weymouth.

True, but not everyone can afford to shop for the same diamonds. Diamonds are a girl’s best friend as they say, but zircon can be good company too!

Brentford closed their academy a few years ago.

Well we have signed a young striker on loan for the season, he has done very well in the junior ranks of Chelsea/Fulham/England but can he do it in league two, we will soon find out! https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/september/taylor-crossdale-signs/
The most likely answer is no from our experience. One concern is at 20 he being loaned out at L2 level. Two he has never played adult football. Danger is you are doing them a far greater favour than they are doing you.

But this is always the desperate hope- somehow on the cheap via a loan you get someone who is going to bang in 20 goals. You might be lucky. The smart money will say not. But like us beggars can't be choosers. And hope shouldn't be under rated.

The most likely answer is no from our experience. One concern is at 20 he being loaned out at L2 level. Two he has never played adult football. Danger is you are doing them a far greater favour than they are doing you.

But this is always the desperate hope- somehow on the cheap via a loan you get someone who is going to bang in 20 goals. You might be lucky. The smart money will say not. But like us beggars can't be choosers. And hope shouldn't be under rated.

Yes we all need a bit of luck this season I feel!

We only got £1.5m for Eastwood because he had just 12 months left on his contract and could walk for free after that, if he’d been tied down for 2+ years we’d have likely been looking at £4m+. It was a big mistake from Ron, as was failing to tie Gower down to a contract extension.

We only got £1.5m for Eastwood because he had just 12 months left on his contract and could walk for free after that, if he’d been tied down for 2+ years we’d have likely been looking at £4m+. It was a big mistake from Ron, as was failing to tie Gower down to a contract extension.

Ron isn't Fred West. He can't tie down people who don't want to be.

Ron isn't Fred West. He can't tie down people who don't want to be.

Exactly, we’d have had as much chance of Freddy signing a new deal then as we do with Stephen Humphrys now. And I know who I’d rather have put pen to paper.

Back