• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

That’s why I think Marc-Antoine Fortuné was such an underrated player. He’d lost his explosive pace by the time he joined us but was terrific in holding up the ball and often played clever passes to bring others into the game. Shaun Goater was the same. If Humphrys could learn that aspect of the game he could be a terrific player.

Humphrys has shown no sign of learning that aspect of the game though. He’s got all the physical attributes to do it but I actually reckon Kelman is better at it (and demonstrated far more improvement at it) despite being smaller and 4 years younger.

I do agree, but having a target man with a big arse can make such a difference. If they hold the ball up it gives us a chance to regroup, helps take some pressure off the midfield and defence

You don’t want a target man with a big arse. You want a mobile target man. One who can provide an out down the channels as well as down the middle: one who can run onto balls as well as jump. Nothing worse than seeing your targetman fail to compete for a header because they couldn’t get there in time.

What happened to the ex Donny lad we were supposedly looking back having been recommended?

Has anyone mentioned Simeon Akinola yet?

Think he may have been mooted when Currie was linked with us but he’s the type of mobile forward we need. Think he’s out of contract and fairly local (was at Braintree) and it would be a short step up from conference play-offs to L2.

He’s recently followed the club on Twitter, so, assuming it could or is happening!

Has anyone mentioned Simeon Akinola yet?

Think he may have been mooted when Currie was linked with us but he’s the type of mobile forward we need. Think he’s out of contract and fairly local (was at Braintree) and it would be a short step up from conference play-offs to L2.

Let's be honest, we are in for a season of "We played really well ..." defeats

We are gonna start with "MM has us playing some really good football"

To "we don't have the players to play like this ... MM OUT"

I can see it all now.

I personally think we are 6 or 7 players short of a half decent side and would 100% give Nile Ranger a phone call.

I can see it all now.

I personally think we are 6 or 7 players short of a half decent side and would 100% give Nile Ranger a phone call.

Given what we know of MM from various interviews, I would imagine the last person he wants anywhere near this squad is Ranger.

I can see it all now.

If we signed Nile Ranger we would have to be desperate.

Its League Two a very physical league though? What are you basing that one? Certainly the teams I've seen come up to League One the last few years haven't all been what I would call physical teams. Might be a few in there, but is the whole league really like that?

I didn’t think it was overly-physical last season - Northampton, Newport and Salford probably the most committed to thuggery. Certainly more roughhouse than League One, though.

Then again I didn’t think it was overly-physical when we took the drop into the National League with a team of U21s; it didn’t matter how talented they were (Alzate now a full Colombian international at Brighton, Dalby at Watford, Koroma at Huddersfield, Adeboyejo at Barnsley), they still just couldn’t stand up to the physicality of men’s football.

I didn’t think it was overly-physical last season - Northampton, Newport and Salford probably the most committed to thuggery. Certainly more roughhouse than League One, though.

Then again I didn’t think it was overly-physical when we took the drop into the National League with a team of U21s; it didn’t matter how talented they were (Alzate now a full Colombian international at Brighton, Dalby at Watford, Koroma at Huddersfield, Adeboyejo at Barnsley), they still just couldn’t stand up to the physicality of men’s football.
Bodes well for us then...

Whilst in an Orient shirt.

Bodes well for us then...

Indeed, though we were an even bigger basket case at the time than you are now. There are enough crisis clubs in League Two (Oldham, Carlisle, Scunthorpe, perhaps Bolton) and the country-wide situation is so unprecedented that you might get away with it.

Have to laugh at the (significant) minority of fans on the Zone who are predicting/demanding playoffs or better. With the state of the squad as it is today I’d be delighted with 22nd if I was a Shrimper.

I can see it all now.

Was seeing your points until this.

If I’ve read the rules correctly, the Weymouth lad won’t count as he hasn’t played in the EFL before and any new striker would take the place of Hump leaving.

Happy to be corrected, mind.
That’s only the case until you get to a certain squad size and the the league believe you have enough cover. Then you cannot sign anyone unless someone leaves or thats how i understand it

Back