• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Elvis is in Dubai according to his Instagram. Bit of a strange time to be going on holiday unless there’s something to be read into that?

EDIT: Ignore that. He’s not on holiday, he’s at a nine day training camp in Dubai with the Uganda national team. Congratulations Elvis! Guess he’ll miss the next few games for us then?

Last edited:
It might be that the cup game tomorrow is a chance to give a break to some of the more important players and not to risk injury to those that need managing carefully.

Elvis is in Dubai according to his Instagram. Bit of a strange time to be going on holiday unless there’s something to be read into that?

EDIT: Ignore that. He’s not on holiday, he’s at a nine day training camp in Dubai with the Uganda national team. Congratulations Elvis! Guess he’ll miss the next few games for us then?
Smart choice this time of year. None of that Covid here and lovely weather

Ron speaks said:
We have signed the initial two players that Mark has targeted and we are now in negotiations with four further players at this moment to strengthen the squad… six in total not the three or four or perhaps five, I discussed with Mark during the interview.

This will mean that vacancies will have to be made within the squad numbers.

The initial two were Hobson and Green.

Since then Akinola, McCormack, Kyle Taylor and Nathaniel-George have come in and Isaac Hutchinson has departed. Humprhys had already left and Kelman may well be on his way too.

So other than Charlie leaving are we done for the window?

The initial two were Hobson and Green.

Since then Akinola, McCormack, Kyle Taylor and Nathaniel-George have come in and Isaac Hutchinson has departed. Humprhys had already left and Kelman may well be on his way too.

So other than Charlie leaving are we done for the window?
Surely got to bring in one more forward?

Surely got to bring in one more forward?
Yeah I think a striker is a must, especially if Kelman goes. I still think we need a centre half. Lennon is made of porcelain and Dieng and White are quite injury prone too.

Yeah I think a striker is a must, especially if Kelman goes. I still think we need a centre half. Lennon is made of porcelain and Dieng and White are quite injury prone too.

We can't justify another head at centre-half so if we need one of those we'll need to move out one or more of the following: Hobson, Lennon, Dieng, R Taylor, White, Mitchell-Nelson, Kyprianou. If you really want to make a change moving on from White in January when his deal expires would be the obvious change.

Rhys' update last week contained the following
Naturally, there is always interest in our players and if any were to leave in this window, we will make sure that we fill the void left with the right player that fits the club’s profile.

So maybe we're still looking for a forward if we cash in on Charlie. Personally I think he'd score a lot of goals if plugged into Saturday's team alongside Acquah but that tax bill needs to be paid and he's our most saleable asset.

We can't justify another head at centre-half so if we need one of those we'll need to move out one or more of the following: Hobson, Lennon, Dieng, R Taylor, White, Mitchell-Nelson, Kyprianou. If you really want to make a change moving on from White in January when his deal expires would be the obvious change.

Rhys' update last week contained the following

So maybe we're still looking for a forward if we cash in on Charlie. Personally I think he'd score a lot of goals if plugged into Saturday's team alongside Acquah but that tax bill needs to be paid and he's our most saleable asset.

Its definitely a game of opinions coz personally I’d let Harry Kyp go in those circumstances and bring in some experience. We do have a lot of players who can play CB. I’ve got no argument there. But we saw on Saturday the difference Harry Lennon’s experience had on the rest of the young lads around him. But he’s ridiculously injury prone and is already due an operation so we need to have someone more reliable to call on too IMO.

Its definitely a game of opinions coz personally I’d let Harry Kyp go in those circumstances and bring in some experience. We do have a lot of players who can play CB. I’ve got no argument there. But we saw on Saturday the difference Harry Lennon’s experience had on the rest of the young lads around him. But he’s ridiculously injury prone and is already due an operation so we need to have someone more reliable to call on too IMO.

There's footballing and business opinions but with an unpaid tax bill, season ticket money being held onto, a pandemic with games being held behind closed doors and a points deduction hanging over us if we pay players late for a third time this year the money side of things has to be taken into account.

You can't just let someone go. There are 3 ways we can reduce our head count
1. Release someone at the end of their contract. The first player whose contract expires is John White in January. All the others mentioned are under contract until the summer.
2. Pay up someone's contract early - but this doesn't really save money as you just pay them earlier and is actually trickier with cashflow - which is currently dire.
3. Sell someone - but that is dependent on there being a willing buyer and the player wanting to go (and invariably be paid less). I just don't see the demand being there for a player we want to bin.

It’s what The Sun would have you believe for sure. Not allowed to drink over here either... :Angry Mob:
My son lives there. Jumeirah triangle. Said on Sunday he felt infection rate there was the worst it's been? He feels fairly safe there though he said. Been there 12 years. I get out there usually each year. Not this year though

Back